Fanhome/Deagostini Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went ahead and subscribed to the Falcon build. The chance to have a huge, studio scale Falcon in the collection just sounded too good to pass up.

They also put up a new one for Robocop which looks surprisingly good, but I want to wait and see what the final product looks like for that.

The Falcon is one of my top 3 movie "space ships" of all time. I had to get it. (The Refit Enterprise from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" and Discovery from "2001" are the other two.)

There are quite a number of aftermarket upgrades available to really take it to the next level. I've got them all... :panic:

Well I went ahead and subscribed to the Falcon build. The chance to have a huge, studio scale Falcon in the collection just sounded too good to pass up.

They also put up a new one for Robocop which looks surprisingly good, but I want to wait and see what the final product looks like for that.

Do you know how the pricing works? I'm confused because they alternate wording between 'stages' and 'issues'. I imagine that's intentional to obfuscate the total cost. It's $2.40 shipping per 'issue', but each 'package' contains 5 'stages'. I'm assuming that means it's $12 shipping per package ($2.40 * 5).

Each stage is $13.99, so that's $69.95 per package, plus $12 shipping. So, $81.95 per shipment.

100 stages, 5 stages per shipment, that's 20 shipments, so $1,639 final cost. Is that accurate?

Do you know how the pricing works? I'm confused because they alternate wording between 'stages' and 'issues'. I imagine that's intentional to obfuscate the total cost. It's $2.40 shipping per 'issue', but each 'package' contains 5 'stages'. I'm assuming that means it's $12 shipping per package ($2.40 * 5).

Each stage is $13.99, so that's $69.95 per package, plus $12 shipping. So, $81.95 per shipment.

100 stages, 5 stages per shipment, that's 20 shipments, so $1,639 final cost. Is that accurate?
Yup that's about what I came up with. Although with tax it's more like $88 per month, at least for where I'm at in CA.

To be fair though that's what most of these part works cost to build. It's definitely not a cheap hobby!

Yup that's about what I came up with. Although with tax it's more like $88 per month, at least for where I'm at in CA.

To be fair though that's what most of these part works cost to build. It's definitely not a cheap hobby!

Ah, forgot the tax.

Yeah, I have a PG Falcon sitting in the box that I snagged, because I figured someday I'll commission someone to build it up for me, but it's been about 3 years now, and I don't think that's going to happen. One person quoted me $1,600 to build it up, so with this model being $1,600-ish, and it already including electronics and paint, it's pretty appealing. On top of that, this version has the interior sections, which is a pretty big factor for me, as I was a huge fan of this bad boy.

91svsrwJ2cL._AC_SX679_.jpg

The Falcon is one of my top 3 movie "space ships" of all time. I had to get it. (The Refit Enterprise from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" and Discovery from "2001" are the other two.)

There are quite a number of aftermarket upgrades available to really take it to the next level. I've got them all... :panic:
Yeah I've been checking out all the upgrade parts on Shapeways, and holy crap are there a lot. :thud:

So would you recommend the Paragrafix or 3D printed parts for the cockpit? Or a mix of both? I don't want to go hog wild with the upgrades, but the cockpit and gun wells seem to be the ones most in need of fixing.

Ah, forgot the tax.

Yeah, I have a PG Falcon sitting in the box that I snagged, because I figured someday I'll commission someone to build it up for me, but it's been about 3 years now, and I don't think that's going to happen. One person quoted me $1,600 to build it up, so with this model being $1,600-ish, and it already including electronics and paint, it's pretty appealing. On top of that, this version has the interior sections, which is a pretty big factor for me, as I was a huge fan of this bad boy.

View attachment 658776
Yeah I still got a PG in a box as well. I had the Fine Molds version as well but got frustrasted with all the inaccuracies in that one and eventually gave up.

Btw, am I the only one who still has a hard time accepting that the main hold is in the front half of the ship, instead of in the back like the Kenner toy we all had as kids? 😄

Yeah I've been checking out all the upgrade parts on Shapeways, and holy crap are there a lot. :thud:

So would you recommend the Paragrafix or 3D printed parts for the cockpit? Or a mix of both? I don't want to go hog wild with the upgrades, but the cockpit and gun wells seem to be the ones most in need of fixing.

I definitely recommend the following, although not for the faint of heart...

Falcon3dparts

HDA Modelworx

ParaGrafix

GreenStrawberryModels (I think this was mostly for the Bandai model but perhaps there are parts for the DeAg?

Ian Lawrence Models (There are a number of build videos but I remember watching this one in particular.

Shapeways is great. "308 Bits" has great internal and external upgrades available. I went through my orders at Shapeways for the Falcon and was surprised at the number of items I had ordered, over the years!

I also was able to obtain external lighting (red landing lights?) for the bottom of the ship from a gentleman in the UK but it was so long ago that I can't remember his name. What made it even better, aside from the extra lighting, was that it was able to plug straight into the existing DeAgostini lighting. If I find his name, I'll post it here for you.

I went hog wild in obtaining update/upgrade sets for this model.

I definitely recommend the following, although not for the faint of heart...

Falcon3dparts

HDA Modelworx

ParaGrafix

GreenStrawberryModels (I think this was mostly for the Bandai model but perhaps there are parts for the DeAg?

Ian Lawrence Models (There are a number of build videos but I remember watching this one in particular.

Shapeways is great. "308 Bits" has great internal and external upgrades available. I went through my orders at Shapeways for the Falcon and was surprised at the number of items I had ordered, over the years!

I also was able to obtain external lighting (red landing lights?) for the bottom of the ship from a gentleman in the UK but it was so long ago that I can't remember his name. What made it even better, aside from the extra lighting, was that it was able to plug straight into the existing DeAgostini lighting. If I find his name, I'll post it here for you.

I went hog wild in obtaining update/upgrade sets for this model.
Thanks! Have you already built yours, or just gathered all the parts for it? I can't quite tell from your posts.

Thanks! Have you already built yours, or just gathered all the parts for it? I can't quite tell from your posts.

Just gathered the parts. I'm currently working on a Korbanth Super Star Destroyer resin kit. It is a slow moving project mostly due to the endless pin-vise drilling for countless of fiber optic strands. I work on it for a while, get bored and put it away for some time then go back to it. I think I've been at it, on and off, for over 2 years!

That is flippin awesome. And love that you just have the white strip in back for the engines. I never cared for that extra detail that got added later on.
Thank you. This is the MR version that came stock but yeah, lights up nicely. You can make the build a Falcon look even better and would cost a lot less than the MR version. If anyone is on the fence it’s a great alternative and a centerpiece for sure.

Well that didn't last long! After my second package got delayed a few weeks my impatience got the better of me... and I decided to just buy the complete set off ebay for 1200 bucks instead. 😄

I just received the big box o' Falcon parts today and yeah, this definitely seems like the better way to go. Now I just got to find the time to work on it.

Last edited:
Back