Fanhome/Deagostini Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davejames

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I saw that Fanhome is bringing this back. Is anyone else getting in on this who missed out before? I'm seriously considering it, but after doing some research it appears to require a TON of extra work and modding and painting to do it justice. And I know there's no way I could get this and not want to go all out with it like I've seen others do (with more lights and detail in the cargo hold, a more accurate cockpit, etc).

I still have a PG Bandai Falcon to build as well, but somehow this seems like it would be a lot more fun to work on. And far more impressive in the end.

sgsdg.JPG

There are a ton of extras, updates, upgrades, etc., available for the Deagostini Millennium Falcon and I've got pretty much all of them.

From 3d printed items to additional LED lighting sets and more. This is, alongside my 1/350 scale USS Enterprise Refit model kit and my 1:1 R2-D2 build, are my most highly prized and ambitious projects on my table.

As far as this latest release from Fanhome, I HIGHLY suggest that if there is an option to purchase all of the parts in one shot, do so. It will be a fairly big financial hit but you will be guaranteed in having all of the parts to build it up. Don't risk the chance that halfway through the subscription, they go out of business and you are stuck without the parts required to complete it fully.

I was doing the Deagostini MF monthly subscription and after a year or two, they offered an option to purchase the remaining parts in one shot. I jumped on it immediately. Very glad that I did.

Yeah I do love the idea of getting it all at once, but I don't believe Fanhome goes for that option. I've seen people on ebay selling complete kits for $1800 or so, but there's no way I'd want to take a chance like that with that site.

Fanhome seems to have a good reputation though (I'm currently in the middle of their KITT build and have had no problems), so I'm not too worried about this stopping midway through.

Deagostini didn't offer the complete parts option at first. They did offer it later on, though. Their unfortunate demise came unexpectedly, though. (similar to Eagle Moss.)

I did read that Fanhome can start a subscription from the point that previous customers of Deagostini had last left off, which is a great opportunity for those customers. So it appears that they would indeed have all of the parts, ready to go. Curious to see if they end up offering complete sets, as well.

I'm halfway through their R2 build, I asked to see if I can get a few months ahead when I had some free time on my hands. They told me No.

I'm hoping to start their Enterprise D subscription once R2 is done.

They couldn't sell the full set initially since they hadn't finalized some of the design, but now since it's been completed for years I don't see why they shouldn't just off that option already.

Was any explanation given by Deagostini before as to why this comes mostly unpainted? Was that a request from customers so they could do their own weathering? Just seems very odd for a parts build. Although I know this was one of the earlier ones that came out.

If they did a full paint job it would be ****** since it's a mass produced item and they wouldn't be able to give it the type of care of something like statues and other high end collectibles

I'm halfway through their R2 build, I asked to see if I can get a few months ahead when I had some free time on my hands. They told me No.

I'm hoping to start their Enterprise D subscription once R2 is done.

I am REALLY tempted in the Enterprise D model. All of my current ST ship models are 1/350 scale but even though the "D" isn't, it is probably the biggest scaled version of her that we may see anytime soon.

I am REALLY tempted in the Enterprise D model. All of my current ST ship models are 1/350 scale but even though the "D" isn't, it is probably the biggest scaled version of her that we may see anytime soon.

I thought TOMY might tackle a big version of it, but since the TOS Enterprise barely met its goal, I don't think we will see any more big versions like that.

Fanhome will probably be our only chance.

I'd rather hold out for a 1/1000 version from Round 2 myself. The Fanhome just looks too clunky to me with all the panels that aren't quite flush enough. And the lighting is very poor so would need to be completely redone as well.

It might make for a fun build but would never pass for a filming model at the end, which is what I would expect for the price.

I'd rather hold out for a 1/1000 version from Round 2 myself. The Fanhome just looks too clunky to me with all the panels that aren't quite flush enough. And the lighting is very poor so would need to be completely redone as well.

It might make for a fun build but would never pass for a filming model at the end, which is what I would expect for the price.

Very good points, davejames.

The 1/1000 scale may just be too small for me to go all super-detail geek on it. But I'll definitely look into it.

And not to derail your thread further but a USS Titan from P3 would be amazing, too.

I thought TOMY might tackle a big version of it, but since the TOS Enterprise barely met its goal, I don't think we will see any more big versions like that.

Fanhome will probably be our only chance.

TOMY's may be too small for me, as well.

While I don't have them, Bandai did some amazing looking ships with lighting, years ago. Bandai really do incredibly detailed work. I have their 1/72 "Perfect Grade" Millennium Falcon (with a ton of aftermarket detail parts) and just opening that box is mind-blowing.

TOMY's may be too small for me, as well.

While I don't have them, Bandai did some amazing looking ships with lighting, years ago. Bandai really do incredibly detailed work. I have their 1/72 "Perfect Grade" Millennium Falcon (with a ton of aftermarket detail parts) and just opening that box is mind-blowing.
The Tomy one is just shy of three feet long. I'm curious on how big of Enterprise you are looking for.

Very good points, davejames.

The 1/1000 scale may just be too small for me to go all super-detail geek on it. But I'll definitely look into it.

And not to derail your thread further but a USS Titan from P3 would be amazing, too.
Here's a comparison between a garage kit version and the old AMT kit. Seems like it would be a nice size upgrade from the 1/1400.

311149652_10159980131185890_6237124152446080719_n.jpg

The Tomy one is just shy of three feet long. I'm curious on how big of Enterprise you are looking for.

My mistake. For some reason I was thinking that the TOMY one was a toy version. I know that the TOS version is in the works but I'm not aware of a "D" version.

Here's a comparison between a garage kit version and the old AMT kit. Seems like it would be a nice size upgrade from the 1/1400.

View attachment 654482

That is definitely significantly larger.

My mistake. For some reason I was thinking that the TOMY one was a toy version. I know that the TOS version is in the works but I'm not aware of a "D" version.
They were going to make another one as a crowdfunded piece. Was going to be the TOS Refit, or the D. They were also supposed to do a series of smaller ships, but I haven't heard talk of that for a while now.

Yes, done right I was looking forward to more details on those "mini" ships. Ever since the downfall of Eaglemoss there is a gap to fill in the marketplace.

But about the current TOS Enterprise on the way, I've only seen the 2 or 3 pics posted in the update. Is there more information available? I really preferred the prototype look best. But I understand some might not agree as it was closer to a refit or movie sheen than the TOS. Which I suppose will only serve to distance itself from said design in the future? I'm slightly less excited but perhaps even more curious to see the final production piece.

Well I went ahead and subscribed to the Falcon build. The chance to have a huge, studio scale Falcon in the collection just sounded too good to pass up.

They also put up a new one for Robocop which looks surprisingly good, but I want to wait and see what the final product looks like for that.

Back