George Lucas end of the world 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what will be the big change? These religious nutjobs will have to scramble and come up with some excuse why it didn't happen. I can't wait to see how they will spin it when nothing happens. There may be some crazy religious sects that do things because of it, but I don't think anything natural will

Oh to be crazy and rich! Oh yeah! They call the eccentric. I dare somebody go up to someone rich and very powerful and say "Yo man, you're off your rocker" You'll end up down an elevator shaft or something.

In 2013 when he has to admit he was wrong, we can also remind him he was wrong about Greedo squeezing a shot off.

George Lucas needs to come to an end in 2012.

:exactly: Dont get me wrong, he gave me a big part of my childhood, but the man has lost it and needs to either go away or retire and leave his properties in capable hands. Or his properties also need to go away. For me, Star Wars is DONE and all i want out of them is High Definition transfers of the original versions of the Trilogy.

Sleep well, George. You deserve it. But seriously GO AWAY

I can't wait until 12/22/2012 just so people can shut the ____ up about the world ending.

No, then they'll start droning on about the asteroid 99942 Apophis and April 13, 2036. They won't give 2012 another thought or learn any lessons from acting hysterical.

The funny thing about end-of-time nutjobs is they shift gears quickly. There's always some new reason the sky is still falling.

12-21-12 is NOT Y2K.I've been following 12-21-12 very closely for a long time...and i predict there will be some sort or GREAT CHANGE...whether the poles actually do shift, oceans, rise or a great spiritual awakening...something will be majorly different after that date.

The Mayans developed and used there brains in ways the modern man can only dream of...they figured a TON of stuff out with little to no technology. Earth has been in existence there have been Hundreds maybe thousands of EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENTS that forever changed the face of the earth...why are people soo ignorant to think it would never happen again? :slap

We are nothing but a speck of dust in a room, nothing more nothing less. I find it funny how closely we pay attention to 1/4 scale statues but never think to examine where we fit in terms of Universal-Cosmic Scale.

I in NO WAY wish for the apocalypse...but history shows, it's happened before.

Man why so serious ?I was making fun of all the nutjobs that thought the same thing in 2000.I know we are just a moment in time that will end one day.In the Big scale of things as Carl Sagan said we are Not even ants.I just don't believe Come 2012 anything is going to happen remember Nostradamus said California would drop off the US in 1988 well thats the way the Big Brains Saw it. come here and give me a hug:1-1: I am sorry I pissed in your cherrios

remember Nostradamus said California would drop off the US in 1988 well thats the way the Big Brains Saw it. come here and give me a hug:1-1: I am sorry I pissed in your cherrios

Not exactly sure what you're referring to but- More accurately, the "small brains" saw validity in Nostradamus' predictions. Educated people and scholars always knew Nostradamus to be a fraud, just like fortune tellers, astrology, 2012 (and prequels being as good as OT). :)

Sean

Not exactly sure what you're referring to but- More accurately, the "small brains" saw validity in Nostradamus' predictions. Educated people and scholars always knew Nostradamus to be a fraud, just like fortune tellers, astrology, 2012 (and prequels being as good as OT). :)

Sean
:goodpost::clap

Man why so serious ?I was making fun of all the nutjobs that thought the same thing in 2000.I know we are just a moment in time that will end one day.In the Big scale of things as Carl Sagan said we are Not even ants.I just don't believe Come 2012 anything is going to happen remember Nostradamus said California would drop off the US in 1988 well thats the way the Big Brains Saw it. come here and give me a hug:1-1: I am sorry I pissed in your cherrios

You didn't piss in my cherios...i prefer honeynut btw.

No one knows what's gonna happen...that's why i find the topic soo interesting.

The Mayans had too much llama sex.

:slap
You're thinking Incas... which live in South America, Mayans in North and Central America... :lol

The Mayans actually don't really predict the end of the world. That's really just when their calendar ends.
:exactly::goodpost:

Also, the Mayan calendar already ended a few times (a fact that people conveniently ignore to believe this crazy stuff), and the world didn't end (why would it anyway). The calendar just "restarts". Man, people are nuts.

Sean

Actually there's different calendars, the Tzolk'in of 260 days (religious calendar) and the Haab' of 360 days (solar calendar) plus 5 Wayeb' days.

The long count calendar is what's ending the 13th cycle, so in December 21st the 14th cycle starts...

The world won't end... human race "might" one day become extinct... but it has nothing to do with the Mayans... :lol

THE END IS NIGH! :panic:

If George Lucas thinks it's going to happen, well hell, it's gonna happen! He is the "maker" after all...

Nah. I'm one of the "non-believers", December 21st, 2012 is going to come and go. Though, I'd be game for it to happen, preferably on December 22nd, 2012. I'm ready. Then all the naysayers, myself included will get a BIG "told ya so" the next day as we all *insert dramatic end here* and wouldn't even get a chance to say "but it was supposed to happen yesterday".

There will inevitably be an end, the question is, will we get to view it? This may sound crazy, but I hope I do.

GOOD STUFF!

Funny & Profitable Y2K story;

In '99, I was worried about the whole 2-digit computer thingy, & actually pulled most of my stocks into other investments in anticipation of some problems. Of course nothing happened, but when the market crashed in the spring of '00 I was already mostly out, and was able to get back in at bottom basement stock prices. Moral: Sometimes when you're wrong, you end up right. ;)

Oh, I decided loooong ago not to have any younglings of my own before 12-21-12. Ya never know...

some more insanity to stir the pot
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/4Lhs7VR52Bg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4Lhs7VR52Bg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ofcorse, what they don't tell you is the calculated odds of the polar shift occurring is something like 1 in 6 billion.

Back