George Lucas end of the world 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you believe this is the same guy that did THX 1138?

Somehow he went nuts like Walt Disney. Even Tolkien, in interview, was said to have talked about Middle Earth like it were real and life were the fantasy. I think in his case it was pretty innocent. I wonder if the lines between reality and fantasy blur when you work so long bringing the latter to life.

Hilarious! George Lucas must be a huge Coast to Coast AM fan as several of their guests constantly play up the whole Mayan-2012 Apocalypse bull____. I used to be an avid listener of that program when I was a naive twenty-something but now I listen hardly at all. And nowadays when I turn it on I just cannot help but laugh my ____ing ass off. I guess it was the Christian zealot who believes grey aliens are coming down to Earth to ____ livestock that finally made me realize this entire program was totally full of ____. And George Lucas we know has been full of ____ for nearly two decades.

This is just like that 1999 (Antichrist) or y2k bs...doomsday theorists are everywhere. If the worlds going to end, it'll be gradually by our hands with pollution, war, overpopulation or all of the above. There won't be any horsemens galloping down from heaven to smite us nor will we be engulfed by satins hellish flames. If the tectonic plates were going to shift, wait a second....the tectonic plates are ALWAYS shifting! If the mayans can predict the end of the world by studying the moon, stars and the sun then we might as well kill all the scientists in this world and call nastradamus the messiah.

All I know is I'm going to tell off everyone I dislike like on December 20, 2012 and hope for the best.

For some reason, I don't think an anecdote on a talk show is the most accurate source in the world. Lucas does a lot of things that I disagree with, but he's always seemed to have a relatively good grasp of reality. So I'm going to say this is BS, just like the idea that Lucas wants to "resurrect" dead actors digital to star in his films and the idea that he's planning a Star Wars musical with a line of dancing stormtroopers. Rogan just wanted a setup for his spaceship joke. Come on people, use a little critical thinking here.

For some reason, I don't think an anecdote on a talk show is the most accurate source in the world. Lucas does a lot of things that I disagree with, but he's always seemed to have a relatively good grasp of reality. So I'm going to say this is BS, just like the idea that Lucas wants to "resurrect" dead actors digital to star in his films and the idea that he's planning a Star Wars musical with a line of dancing stormtroopers. Rogan just wanted a setup for his spaceship joke. Come on people, use a little critical thinking here.

On the internet?
That would be a first... :lol

Rogan just wanted a setup for his spaceship joke.

Why? That's just dumb. I mean seriously why? All that for a joke? So Rogan is straight up lying? A self professed nerd who admires Lucas is gonna straight up lie and make stuff up? No, not buying it. Lucas is definitely nerdy enough to be into this. Who knows maybe he'll address it in time.

(and seeing the conversation live was definitely different than reading it.)

I'm not necessarily saying he's lying. But I think it's likely that he's either exaggerating the situation or (possibly) misunderstood a joke that Lucas was trying to make. Lucas strikes me as the kind of guy who might try and be funny and fail miserably at it.

Could be. Maybe Lucas would address it sometime. I to could see people taking Lucas's humor the wrong way and not get it.

I dont know, it depends on how you view things and take notice. Or idley drift through life in some cases. :monkey3

There's a lot of funky stuff going on right now, and has been for the past year and a bit. Volcanoes erupting, earthquakes (even in England of all places), tsunamis, flocks of birds falling out of the sky, bees disappearing, it's enough at the very least to make you say.... hmmm about the 2012 theory.

D
:peace:peace:peace

I dont know, it depends on how you view things and take notice. Or idley drift through life in some cases. :monkey3

There's a lot of funky stuff going on right now, and has been for the past year and a bit. Volcanoes erupting, earthquakes (even in England of all places), tsunamis, flocks of birds falling out of the sky, bees disappearing, it's enough at the very least to make you say.... hmmm about the 2012 theory.

D
:peace:peace:peace

All of which science can explain completely or to some degree. All have rational explanations, even things which we are still vaguely unsure of, like the dying birds - I mean why leap to crazy explanations rather than simple science? People watch WAY too much TV and movies!

All these things have far more rational explanations than "sci-fi end of the world" reasons! None are caused by cosmic kookiness, paranormal activity, ghosts, vampires, elves or anything else "weird".

And apart from the man made disasters (like pollution, climate change, dying animals and insects, etc) the geological events have been ongoing for billions of years and are nothing to be surprised about if you know some geology. If people just listened to those who are educated, life would be much better for all of us.

Sean

Last edited:
Uniformitarianism-theory that the same gradual geological process we observe today was operating in the past. This idea has been around since the 1700s. Oh well, readin's for rich people.

I have a feeling Rogan would be able to tell the difference. Rogan said he thought he was kidding at first, but then realized he wasn't.

I can just see it.

Lucas: (Distressed) I was joking. You knew I was joking, right Steven?
Spielberg: Uhh, yeah, of course.
But meanwhile he's thinking, "but I thought you were joking about Jar Jar being in Phantom Menace...so it's hard to tell sometimes..."

Back