Gentle Giant Jabba statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KitFisto said:
I'm sorry too. I just don't see how ANYONE can look at Jabba himself and think that the GG piece is anywhere close to more film accurate than the SS piece. Then on the throne the GG piece does not have all the proper looking pieces.

No disrespect inteded here, but anyone who thinks the GG piece is more film accurate is nothing, but a GG fanboy. I like GG a lot too and collect some of their lines, but there is ZERO chance the GG Jabba is more film accurate than SS's.

Wow. So, no disrespect, but Im a "fanboy" (God help us, I had hoped to leave that term back among the pre-pubescent children on Gamefaqs... please learn a new word) because I don't agree with you. Nice. You have basically taken a child's stance and eliminated my opinion by convincing yourself I am biased. Well then, this will be the last reply I give to your posts since apparently you will just cover your ears and go LALALALALALALA anyway. I still believe GG is more accurate, but I respect anyones opinion to disagree. How about you try the same thing Skippy?

wookilar8 said:
Always two there are, a master and an apprentice. You decide which is which.

jabba14.jpg

jabba1.jpg

bbq2.jpg

jlcmsu:
Proto for Proto SS is better. SS appears to be more film accurate and overall better looking. The Jabba on GG looks too dark especially in the belly aprea and he appears to have eaten a factory of white powdered donuts. It's not a bad piece I think it looks cool and I really do like GG stuff.

Okay, I know this is falling on deaf ears, but I just wanted to address the complaints about the coloring on Jabba (not about the white around his mouth because the word around the water cooler is this was removed/toned down greatly). Everyone keeps talking about how dark his stomach area is. Well, look at the screen shot. His gut is dark and grimy. SSC is clean and light colored. So, how is that color more accurate? I respect your opinions ... and agree with some of them. But its not fair to bash the coloring and base on GGs.

Yeah, I'm sure the final piece will be fine in the end (Jabba's milk mustache, deformed head, and Oola's teeth and all). It lacks the screen accuracy of the SS Jabba, but it'll still make a fine display piece I'm sure. I'll get this to display on my desk at work.

Wow, people who are talking about getting both must have a lot of space. I don't even know where Sideshow's Jabba is going to go. I have so many figures, more coming and not a place to put anything. :monkey2

Darth Roranous said:
Wow, people who are talking about getting both must have a lot of space. I don't even know where Sideshow's Jabba is going to go. I have so many figures, more coming and not a place to put anything. :monkey2

I am running low on space and have almost completely emptied my office of any non-Star Wars items, freeing up some room for upcoming SW items from both Sideshow and GG. Luckily, GG's Jabba will just barely fit on the shelf in my GG case, or else I would have to pass.

Darth Roranous said:
Wow, people who are talking about getting both must have a lot of space.

Actually, I don't have any space even for the SSC Jabba lol, but if it's a great piece of a character I really like, I find somewhere to add them into the collection, you never know when you'll come into space in the future.

Space issues are really starting to become apparent over here. I don't even know what I am going to do with the figures let alone all their boxes. Oh well, I say bring em on. :lol

If I had the room and money I'd seriously consider getting it but SS really captures Jabba for me perfectly. So I dont really feel the need to get him.

Sapace is killing me now too. I have cut back to 4 lines and I don't know how much more I can get beyond what I already have on pre-order. I am tinkering with the idea of moving all my PF's to the 2nd level of my townhouse and using the top of my big TV ( 65 inch ) for the whole SS Jabba display.

I have no idea what I am going to do, but I do know that I think my collecting days will come to a close in the next year or two because I will totally out of space and I will never go with the "Just jam more clutter in there" approach.

KitFisto said:
Sapace is killing me now too. I have cut back to 4 lines and I don't know how much more I can get beyond what I already have on pre-order. I am tinkering with the idea of moving all my PF's to the 2nd level of my townhouse and using the top of my big TV ( 65 inch ) for the whole SS Jabba display.

I have no idea what I am going to do, but I do know that I think my collecting days will come to a close in the next year or two because I will totally out of space and I will never go with the "Just jam more clutter in there" approach.
Then you have to start to rotating items in and out.

mfoga said:
Then you have to start to rotating items in and out.

I could, but if I move my PF's upstairs I can put that off for a while. I have a large wall space that isn't doing anything at the back of my living room. I just need a shelving system that can fit the PF's in their acrylic cases.

KitFisto said:

I feel the same way about clutter. A collection really loses it's eye appeal to clutter.

Darth Roranous said:
I feel the same way about clutter. A collection really loses it's eye appeal to clutter.

Yep LOL. I have to keep everything on shelves and fairly organized. I am not one to just start jamming stuff where it will "fit". No slam on people who do, but it's just not my thing.

Im hoping that the Rancor Jabba and the band will all fit on my dresser inside one huge case. Im keeping my fingers cross and am hoping that it works out.

Back