Gentle Giant Jabba statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DouglasMcc said:
That's called distribution of fat (or whatever bulbous material thats underneath Jabba's skin). The screen capture has him sculpted with his tail at a slight angle and it closer to the foreground. The GG piece has the tail straighter and its positioned closer to the background. With the tail straight out, the fat spreads evenly throughout his full tail causing it to appear smaller. When its bent, that causes fat to compress and adds to the impression of added size. Sorry, but being the fat bastiche I am, I sadly have intimate knowledge of this phenomenon sigh...

Distribution of fat???? Jabba was a PUPPET, he was sculpted permanent in one manner, with the tail at an angle, so with your argument, you would be giving GG creative license to sculpt Jabba like a real living thing so they do what they want with his body shape and style, if that's what you're after more power too you, I'm all for having a Jabba sculpted like the original Stuart Freeborn (who Sideshow worked with and would know best how he should look) design.

As for being fat, I'm fat too, so I understand the concept just as well as you may.

As for the height and length of the throne, camera angle doesn't alter that, this image of the SSC figure is at almost the same angle and doesn't change the perception of how thick it is.
SDC_6623.JPG

originalxn2.png

WOOAHH..THAT JABBA LOOKS BAD ON THAT PIC...YUK....DOESNT EVEN COMPARE TO SIDESHOW'S....AND THE ATTAKUS ONE IS WAYYYYYY BETTER THAN THE GG ONE EVEN IF ITS A RENDITION OF THE DIGITALISED CHARACTER....SIDESHOW'S STILL # 1 FOR QUALITY AND PRICE ON THAT PIECE..THRUST THE WORM ON THAT FREAKS.

I'd like to have both. But if I get the GG Jabba, I'll need the Max Rebo Band as well as tracking down that Rancor. I'm sick like that.

Although I must say, I'll initally take the Sideshow version of pretty much anything over another company's version of the same item. Their items just look better, they've earned my respect and my collecting money goes to them first.

:emperor

originalxn2.png

Damn! I didn't notice just how squished down Jabba was in that pic until someone mentioned it. As for Bib, I think it looks good...not great but good, and much much better than what Attakus did with their Bib. The GG Jabba isn't near worthy of being placed along with the Sideshow's higher quality work; and, it has no place in my room. I'll still get it to display on my desk at work. My daughter will have the better Jabba set-up though with the SS version.

Is that magazine scan of Bib's head the only image of him?

I think that's a pretty crappy way to do things, Bib is clutch to Jabba in my mind, it's like Vader and the Emperor, so kinda stinky to make buying both expensive items the only way to get him, short of eBay later maybe, but at least SSC gave all the pieces and left the options open to the consumer.

You know on one hand, being that Jawa would suck cuz you're basically Jabba's fan biatch, but on the other hand, you're awfully close to the slave girls on his throne and nothing wrong with that, I could fan off a fat slug to get a nice lil show while I'm working, heck if I had that at my job now my productivity would be through the roof!

Yep. This looks good. I've been collecting Toy Fair pics for three days now, and I've definitely made up my mind to get this combo.

Everything from the feather on Sy's head, to Oola's webbed costume, to Jabba's paintjob looks exquisite. This is going to be the one to own in polystone form.

:joy

How can a 12" action figure Oola look as good as a statue, I ask you...

As wondrous as the Sideshow Jabba is, this one will at least be a bit less of a space hog. On top of being a statue and all.

Giving this post a good bump.

The Jabba and Band statues are beginning to show up. Anyone have in hand pics of theirs?

I cancelled Jabba a while ago, too many other things to devote funds too and it's not a stellar enough piece to put it higher up on my must get list. Hope it turns out ok for the people that do get it.

Back