General Grievous Life Size Bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One would think but watch the PT BTS footage of the budget meetings, he may be loaded but he can be stingy with his movies too.

LOL, you are right. I always laughed when his producer and he talked about going over budget. Lucas doesn't understand the magnitude of SW. He knows how to milk it as a business, but the passion to make the prequels worthy just wasn't there. It was more about the special effects and the story was second.

The script for all the prequels should have taken years to write and tweak. There also should have been an extended cut.

Oh well. :angelsmil

Well they said a guest director was coming on direct it.

Regardless it can be agreed upon due to Steven's influence and input it made that part much better.

According to the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, Lucas let Spielberg play with some Anakin-Obi duel animatics but there is no mention about Spielberg directing anything.

According to the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, Lucas let Spielberg play with some Anakin-Obi duel animatics but there is no mention about Spielberg directing anything.

I think Spielberg's involvement with the duel had to do with a suggestion regarding the platform part where it falls into the lava river, I think he said to put something in or extend the playtime of part of it, but I never caught anywhere that he did anything directorial, if he did you know his name would have popped up in credits for that.

In the Making of book, Lucas comments Spielberg was free and bored after filmming "War of the Worlds", so he sent an ILM guy to his house to show Spielberg the Anakin vs Obi-Wan animatics. Then, Lucas says Spielberg rang him with some new ideas for the duel and they met at the Skywalker Ranch to talk about it.

I really do not know which parts of the duel were suggested by Spielberg, but I know they were only little details.

I bet Spielberg contributed to the acting and fight sequence of the last 20 minutes of the film. Reason being is it was more solid in acting than the rest of the prequels. ;)

I bet Spielberg contributed to the acting and fight sequence of the last 20 minutes of the film. Reason being is it was more solid in acting than the rest of the prequels. ;)

If thats the case we can only wonder how great the prequels could have been.:monkey2

Lucas has his faults as a director and writer, everybody knows it, but I find to be very unfair that someone gives kudos to Spielberg when his contribution was minor. If we have to put the blame on someone for how great the duel is, that one is Lucas.

Coming to SDCC :rock

watermark.php

Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in.:banghead

I really like it-- not sure though under my new economic self-imposed restraint I can pull this one though:monkey2.

Awesome.

Back