Gartogg Gammorean Guard and 12-Inch Figure and Jabba's Palace Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd probably get it if it were going to be half the price I am sure they will be asking...at over $100 plus..no thanks.. At $50...im in.

Although I do wish the archway had been more complete, I am not hating on it like a lot of others seem to be. I am down for two of each. And I am curious about whether a good customizer can add to that archway.

Although I do wish the archway had been more complete, I am not hating on it like a lot of others seem to be. I am down for two of each. And I am curious about whether a good customizer can add to that archway.

why not just have them build a whole seperate one out of a less expensive material & save the cost of what the dio would be.....:dunno

why not just have them build a whole seperate one out of a less expensive material & save the cost of what the dio would be.....:dunno

What?.....

Edit - Oh, I had to read it a couple of times but I think I see what you meant...my brain is in slow mode this morning. I just like the idea od adding to this one. I may try to do it myself. I am going to look for a material I can mold into the existing "break" of the archway that will dry so that it can then me sculpted to match.

Last edited:
Can I have it the other way? Let Joe fans take the broken arch.:lol

Don't make me hurt you! :mad:

The wall is kind of eh but great for the whole Jabba set up. The Guard looks great (Hasbro being close=:lol) but honestly I don't see much difference between the last one. If I still had my Jabba setup I'd get the guard for sure.

:nono Have you seen the new Hasbro Gammy? I was all for busting Carl's balls about his comment on Hasbro's clones, but there's some merit here as far as the Gammy's concerned. :(

So Gartogg is just a Guard with an opened mouth? All I get from this is that the standard Gammy will fetch even less in the secondary market after it's initial release... (or so I hope)

:nono Have you seen the new Hasbro Gammy? I was all for busting Carl's balls about his comment on Hasbro's clones, but there's some merit here as far as the Gammy's concerned. :(

Yup, I have and I saw it at Comic-Con. Its cool for a 3 3/4 piece. Thats about it though.

Fact is, if Hasbro can get it that close with that much articulation at 1:18th scale, it's a ____ing shame Sideshow couldn't do better at 1:6. :(

Well, people are willing to deal with joints and all on figures of that size. People would _____ moan and groan that they can see joints. Its not something that I personally find that big of an issue but some it kills things. I personally think its a mistake that they're not giving it articulation but thats just me.

Last edited:
That Hasbro GG looked so good I almost bought it the other day and it's been a good 2 years since I kicked that habit.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 I haven't seen ____ here. If you find them again, please pick me up 2 and I'll PP you $$$ for them and shipping. :pray:

Well, people are willing to deal with joints and all on figures of that size. People would _____ moan and groan that they can see joints. Its not something that I personally find that bog of an issue but some it kills things. I personally think its a mistake that they're not giving it articulation but thats just me.

No, it's not just you. I think that's the reason a lot are passing. :(

No, it's not just you. I think that's the reason a lot are passing. :(

I'm sure. Its not why I am personally but I totally how it is hurting the sale for some folks. I thought it was an odd choice when they announced the first Guard at Comic-Con 09.

perhaps the guards should have been announced as a duo and potential customers would choose "either - or - both". in this economy, SST needed something for us to get excited about before the holidays, not relieved that we could pass it by.

Sorry I didn't take a close-up... but here's the Hasbro Gammy from SDCC:

vintage-figures-4.jpg

Back