Gartogg Gammorean Guard and 12-Inch Figure and Jabba's Palace Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the first, and I think the first looked better than this one.

I was thinking of making my own wall environments, how hard could it be? Certainly alot cheaper I would imagine.

Only a partial doorway arch?!?!?! Are they effing kidding?!?!?!?! Sideshow loves their polystone walls that go nowhere. Another pass.
They really shouldn't be called an archway. I'm passing. It will probably be sold separate. All the other items that have this implied set thing have been sold individually.

going to pre order gartogg but will pass on the arch way thingie. need to save money and dont need another enviroment that will sit in a box. will try to pick it up later when cheaper

Maybe it's just me, but the recently released 3-3/4-inch Hasbro Gam Guard looks better than the 1/6-scale Sideshow figure primarily due to the paint aps on the face.

You're not the only one. I'll probably get a Gamorrean down the line, but I'm just not that impressed with any aspect of them. The paint, the sculpt, or the outfit.

As for the archway, from what I can see in the preview, it doesn't exactly scream "Jabba's Palace" to me. I'll wait to pass judgement until we see the whole thing, but I'm a little underwhelmed considering this is going to be perilously close to PF territory in terms of price when you add the figure with the archway.

Zero interest in the archway... unless there is more than what we are seeing its a big pass.

Gartogg looks okay, but not seeing much difference between this and the regular guard except for the broken horn. Overall looks a little lazy to me.

Am I the only one who thinks that this does not look much better than the Hasbro Gammorean Guard? Maybe I will have to liberate the Hasbro Guard from his package.

Hasbro guard looks great with a repaint... but overall I think the proportions are better on the Sideshow. But if you have the Hasbro and are a DIY customizer; some time and a little bit of money can go a long way.

A slightly different version of a figure we already have on preorder is never going to be too exciting...

Especially at Xmas time.

So what's next?

images

I don't know, I think a lot of you guys are being a little too cynical. This is pretty cool, better than than usual EU head scratches of late.

Perfect timing!! Just when I have to start scaling back and be more selective this comes along! Easy pass , I'm not even getting the first Gammy! I bet it will be just as much if not more than Boil/Waxer and the kiddie(yes I have one on order) .

We don't need an archway, we need the Arch over Jabba and the spitroast.

Just when I decided to go all-out on the Jabba display this thing pops up and makes me say "meh"

The first version's not even here yet and already there's a variant being offered? Um, okay...

Waiting for the blog to get a better look...

pffft....nice archway. was expecting the arch over jabba himself. no some partial doorway. not thanks. would rather have had that BBQ pit thingy.

It would be nice if Sideshow was planning to build off this archway with additional environment pieces that they let us know somehow. Maybe like Jabba's Palace environment "1 of 6" or something.

Or show the piece that coming up on pre-order with pencil sketches of the larger environment it fits into.

That would really help out in deciding if this is worth the investment or not.

Of course it would also be nice if these were made of something cheaper than polystone too!

Back