Gartogg Gammorean Guard and 12-Inch Figure and Jabba's Palace Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is why it doesn't make any sense. I ordered 2 of the original Gammorean Guard so I would have two, but now I'm going to be canceling one of them and just having Gartogg as the second. Seems like they could have milked some of us for three if they had just waited until after the first ones shipped.

That's a gamble, even 2 is probably more than the majority will get. With different weapons and portraits, I think the best way to sell the ammount of Gammy's they'll make is to do 2 and hope for enough people getting both and just one or the other.

I think it's a matter of, if you're going to put out 2 Gammy figures, your best bet of selling both would be putting them out about the same time to entice pairing them up. If they came out with this next year, people will already have built groups from multiples of the first. I'm sure we're getting 2 to make up for development costs and the uniqueness of the body.

I agree. From my POV the mistake was not putting them out at the same time. People are way more likely to get one of each because they are different enough. Now, you're gonna have like Buttmunch above giving the axe to one losing a sale. I'm sure some will be picked up by other folks down the road.

Just saw this. :slap

A Gammorean Guard variant before the original is even released. That is pointless and a poor business decision to boot.

I was hoping for IG-88 or anything really but another variant.

I know some like the idea of the wall on the notion of it adding to the Jabba display, but I think it's best shot of selling well would be if it has the steps besides Jabba's throne and forms that archway, then it'll have even more appeal than just being some random archway from the palace.

but I think it's best shot of selling well would be if it has the steps besides Jabba's throne and forms that archway

Definitely. The more they can build around the dais, the better. Carbonite Han is already a separate area of the Palace, and the "entry" to Jabba's palace makes it even more spread out of an area. We need the steps, the arch, and the BBQ pit.

If it's the entry where Luke chokes the Guard, then that means I've got to bring out that old, yucky Jedi Luke. . . which reminds me. . . why do we have a re-do of the Gamorrean Guard, when there's still the matter of Jedi "I just wet myself" Luke to correct??

I'm gonna keep beating that dead horse until Sideshow announces a new AND IMPROVED version. I mean, shoot, Hasbro's done like 3 or 4 Jedi Lukes in last few years, and they got it mostly right this latest time.

I think it would be awesome if SS included a mounted Tauntaun head.

I think that is most possible when Sideshow do either Luke or Han on Tauntaun.

I know some like the idea of the wall on the notion of it adding to the Jabba display, but I think it's best shot of selling well would be if it has the steps besides Jabba's throne and forms that archway, then it'll have even more appeal than just being some random archway from the palace.

I think most people who owns Jabba's throne would want those steps, pretty much an integral part of the throne.

I have a feeling the environment piece may be much bigger than what is shown in the preview image.

The real archway could be behind where Gartogg stood rather than the broken portion we see.

Definitely. The more they can build around the dais, the better. Carbonite Han is already a separate area of the Palace, and the "entry" to Jabba's palace makes it even more spread out of an area. We need the steps, the arch, and the BBQ pit.

If it's the entry where Luke chokes the Guard, then that means I've got to bring out that old, yucky Jedi Luke. . . which reminds me. . . why do we have a re-do of the Gamorrean Guard, when there's still the matter of Jedi "I just wet myself" Luke to correct??

I'm gonna keep beating that dead horse until Sideshow announces a new AND IMPROVED version. I mean, shoot, Hasbro's done like 3 or 4 Jedi Lukes in last few years, and they got it mostly right this latest time.

LOL...sorry to see the hate for that figure. I always thought Sideshow did a great job of capturing Luke's expression when he was trying to hide his thoughts of his sister from Vader. I am looking forward to getting this set-up on a shelf.

I like it. It'll look good with my custom Lando standing in front of it. Just not going to pay full price for it, I'll wait for it to hit clearance ...

LOL...sorry to see the hate for that figure. I always thought Sideshow did a great job of capturing Luke's expression when he was trying to hide his thoughts of his sister from Vader. I am looking forward to getting this set-up on a shelf.

I'll never understand this justification. Luke was more or less, confident and stern throughout ROTJ. Strolling into a gangster's lair full of criminals, knowing he was going to have to dish out some death. Walking in late to the Rebel's battle plan, announcing his intention to join the plan to blow up the shield generator. Confronting his father, and the Emperor, convinced he could turn Vader back to the Light Side. All this strength and confidence Luke displayed in the movie, and we have a "scaredy-pants" Luke.

How are we supposed to pose Luke, pointing a blaster at Jabba, when Luke looks like he's more scared of the blaster than Jabba is??

I'll never understand this justification. Luke was more or less, confident and stern throughout ROTJ. Strolling into a gangster's lair full of criminals, knowing he was going to have to dish out some death. Walking in late to the Rebel's battle plan, announcing his intention to join the plan to blow up the shield generator. Confronting his father, and the Emperor, convinced he could turn Vader back to the Light Side. All this strength and confidence Luke displayed in the movie, and we have a "scaredy-pants" Luke.

How are we supposed to pose Luke, pointing a blaster at Jabba, when Luke looks like he's more scared of the blaster than Jabba is??

What does any of this have to do with a good job on the expression as it stands?

What does any of this have to do with a good job on the expression as it stands?

Sideshow is focusing on a Jabba set-up. They've produced a Jedi Luke that looks silly in a Jabba set-up.

Y'know those plastic dog turds that they use to hide keys in?? They look very much like real dog turds, right?? They did a great job sculpting a plastic dog turd. There's really only one use for a plastic dog turd. Personally, I like my figures to not be a metaphor for a plastic dog turd.

Jedi Luke came out well before they started to develop Jabba's Palace, it was meant to be a figure to represent Luke from ROTJ in a general sense. I think the portrait they went with works well for capturing the weight of all the things he had to deal with. Figures are tricky, it's not always possible to give the best representation of a character in a single portrait. Jedi Luke could use a more action style portrait as well. I think it should include both though, I wouldn't fully replace the current Jedi Luke head, just add another Jedi Luke and use them for different purposes.

Sideshow's Jedi Luke is a great figure...a really good sculpt that, as has been brought up many times before, is undone by the paint apps...those "deer-in-the-headlight" eyes.

Back to the topic...the archway, while almost generic in nature, may not scream "Jabba's Palace", but it does look like it would make a good display piece for any "Tatooine"-based character.

I'm just a little surprised to see it featured with a figure that is basically like the previous edition, with just a "broken" horn.

Still waiting to see the gallery of pics next week...

Has anyone been able to identify where in the palace this arch resides?

There's more expression on the new portrait, which I like, the first looks very neautral but the new one looks pretty pissed off.

Gotta disagree. Save the horn, they look near identical. I think the brows looking different has everything to do with Gartogg's head position.

Back