Gandalf the Grey Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! We do! And I vote YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Sideshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Robodad, ain't no need to vote cos we are getting this baby!! YES!! I can't believe people are not that excited about this bust I think it will be the best one so far in the LS range! :D

not excited ?

I'm more then excited.
I also think this could be one of the best of the series, alltough for the moment the Morgul Lord still has this spot.

But this one seems to be incredible.
I'm very curious about the exclusive accessoiry

I guess for the exclusive accessory.. being a bust .. other being a pipe.. what else can it be??

I know what the exclusive will be, his full length grey cloak that you just wrap around his shoulders and it makes him look like he's standing lifesize in the corner of your room!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

don't you mean slightly smaller then lifesize?

I'm interested to see this thing... AND MORE 12"ers and PF's!!!!!! :monkey3:monkey2

I've been wanting to get into the Marvel LS line, but haven't done so yet. I'm pretty sure this Gandalf will be my first LS bust. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

The newsletter mentions an exclusive "accessory." Which makes me believe that it won't be a light-up feature. With a Gandalf PF on the way, too, I'm starting to think it might just be a nameplate "to enhance your Gandalf display."

I'd almost put money on nameplate --- there I go, moving to Vegas and becoming a compulsive gambler. :rolleyes:

i'm curious how big this one is going to be...

the anticipation is killing me!!!

Probably 1/2 scale, which I believe is in line with the ML and Sauron busts. I hope the exclusive isn't a nameplate, that would be pretty lame :rolleyes:

That's exactly where they DID go wrong for me. Both of those "busts" are nothing more than glorified helms. Since I am not a helm collector, they therefore had zero interest for me.

But Gandalf the Grey, on the other hand, has always been my favorite character from the story, and this bust looks like it may have captured him very well.
Yeh that's another way of looking at it, these could be considered rather lifeless compared with monsters and humans.

Hiya

That is very true,they are more like helm pieces im suppose except for the
Cavetroll, but then he's a beastie so will again be easier to sculpt.

As others have said, depending on the final picture and price this may be the one and only LS that I get. Unless they also produced the Hobbits, they would be hard for me to pass up too.
x:D
Agree, creatures/monsters are also easier to sculpt than humans. So as long as it's a human, there's always going to be the concern of likeness etc...

Probably 1/2 scale, which I believe is in line with the ML and Sauron busts. I hope the exclusive isn't a nameplate, that would be pretty lame :rolleyes:

SS has to stop with these nameplates. Its not like we dont know who the characters are. The Spike PF is a great example statue looks great but the name plate looks terrible. JMO

SS has to stop with these nameplates. Its not like we dont know who the characters are. The Spike PF is a great example statue looks great but the name plate looks terrible. JMO
I disagree. I don't mind the nameplates at all. In fact, I kind of like them. And when it comes to the LS busts, the nameplate is a separate piece. This makes it kind of cool to have in front of a display. Kind of like the Iron Man nameplate will go very well in front of the bust, comiquette, and upcoming Hard Hero statue grouping.

I could see myself putting together a Gandalf display, featuring the LS bust, the PF, the GG bust, and maybe the SSW pieces. All with the nameplate in front (assuming that the exclusive is a nameplate).

They might be ok on the LS bust(LOTR) but look at the GG PF or the Spike PF that I mentioned before a name in bright letters takes away from the peice IMO

Back