Gandalf the Grey Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised this piece is only $150. I was thinking along the lines of $200-$250. The design of the bust is amazing, but I'm just not impressed with the overall likeness. I don't know..it's just not "talking" to me. I'd rather put that money into a PF figure.

I think its the way the hat sits on his head.

I think its the way the hat sits on his head.

I was thinking that too. I think it's sitting too high. It just looks....off somehow. Otherwise it looks awesome, and the price is a lot lower than the others. Perhaps since the sculpt was done in house (no licensing the West busts) and is not as large and intricate as Sauron. Either way, I am contemplating this one.

This is a really cool piece, you will be glad you ordered! And a great price too :)

From what I've seen so far, quality wise these LS busts are leading the way, and this one is another very fine example. Very good likeness, great composition, a better than expected exclusive [thank you SS for not giving us a nameplate]...I think it really captures the essence of Gandalf. On top of that a $150 price tag! Well done SS!! :clap

I'm surprised this piece is only $150. I was thinking along the lines of $200-$250. The design of the bust is amazing, but I'm just not impressed with the overall likeness. I don't know..it's just not "talking" to me. I'd rather put that money into a PF figure.

I was a little surprised by the price as well. For $150 I was quite tempted but there's just no way I can get into the bust line. I just don't have the room. But the price is so good! Must.......resist.

I'm not really into the LS line, but I think Gandalf will work great as a standalone piece. Gotta love the price as well. Ordered!

If it comes in at 1/2 scale like Sauron or the Morgul Lord, then the price is about right. Remember the other three so far are all from beings that are bigger than your average human... or wizard. The T-800 LSB was only $200 and it included the light feature in the eye.

Hmm.... Something looks wierd, can't put my finger on it though..

But I ordered it for now, don't know if I will keep it

With the way the LS bust is looking, the placement of the hat is floating a tad high and doesn't look snug. On that note, my fear is that the hat is detachable during shipping, which, in an earthquake or dusting session could fall off! Let's see what this looks like at SDCC.

Back