Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really impossible to tell if its the new body from the pictures... even his wrists are fully covered. And in all honesty looking over the pictures again there are a ton of layers and since the outfits have been steadily getting more and more lavish with the LOTR lines I can see a lot of cost right there. Especially if there are wires in a lot of his robes.

Well, I ordered one, but that's a lot of money for one Sideshow figure, frankly. The Sidius/Palpatine two-pack wasn't that much more, and that's for two figures with outfits that are pretty well done, and a fair number of accessories. So I think the difference must be the body.

Looks good overall, though.

Well with Gandalf being $100+ and Indy probably being $80 I see myself canceling all my PotC pre-orders.

Good bye Will, Jack and Davey:wave

I am much more committed to the LotR line, and intend to really jump into the Indy line.

Ask yourself....

How many hours of work does it take you to make $90?

The answer for me to that question is "too damn many!"

This price is too much for Moses. :google

looks like I'm a little late to the party - just woke up, logged on and ordered.

Amazing looking figure - I'm really happy with the look of Gandalf and now the completion of the Fellowship seems all the closer. I can't get over the head sculpt - amazing work and exactly what I could have hoped for.

Considering that Dr. Jones is on the new body (at least according to the phot that's what everyone s theorizing) I wouldn't be surprised if Gandalf is as well; maybe not, but I see no reason why not if they have developed it and it will be phased into all their lines over the course of the year.

The price is definitely getting a bit steep, but luckily with the pace of this line, I can still handle it. My only criticism of the figure is that the clothing should show a similar texture as the robes in the film. Otherwise I'm ready to add Gandy to the collection.

Well, I ordered one, but that's a lot of money for one Sideshow figure, frankly. The Sidius/Palpatine two-pack wasn't that much more, and that's for two figures with outfits that are pretty well done, and a fair number of accessories. So I think the difference must be the body.

Looks good overall, though.

Thats actually a damn good point and one I had not thought about.

We just got 2 figures, 2 head sculpts, 2 REALLY well done costumes and a bunch of accessories for only $20 more than Gandalf.

That better be one kick ass new body:lol

the thing is, if ssc want to bring up the quality of their products to compete with the other 1/6 companies, they have to raise their price because of the additional cost involved. although for gandalf, the proto pix is posed so poorly that it still looks like the regular craptastic buck to me. if it is, then $90 is bull****. I hope it is the new body and it can actually pose better than whoever took those lame pose pix.

HE LOOKS GREAT, but $90? Wow, well you guys wanting a new body sure got your wish. SS is officially creeping towards Hot Toys price range. Still a little ways to go, but bearly to $100 per figure now.

Actually i'm not too optimistic about more articulation even if he is sporting a new body. The sculpted beard and hair look like they'll be rather restrictive.
:(

That said i hope this is just a proto and the actual is better.

btw can someone elighten me what the difference is between the 2 staffs?

Tim did a just outstanding job on the sculpt. That might just be the best of the line and the outfit/accessories are really great as they allow you to have a complete GTG. This is and Strider where my top two LOTR 1:6th I wanted so I'm pretty darn happy right now. I will say the $90 was a bit surprising to see when I clicked on the order page. I don't mind so much because I've bought Medicom and HT items that cost more, and a new body which I'm going to assume this is on makes it easier as well. However, I do understand people backing off cause it is a decent amount of cash for a 1:6th figure.

In the end mine only cost me $8

Ordered but i WILL cancel if it's not on a new body.No way am i paying 100$ shipped FOR ANYTHING with the buck on it.(if it has a decent new body it's justified)

(reading this SS?)

the assumption that the new body is used is based on nothing but blind faith as if, IMO, they spent the time & research to build a new body they would be promoting it big time but no mention in description or video

Back