Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly looks great but how many people are going to stay in this line if prices continue to jump? Glad I got out when I did.

he might be on the new body, we don't know for sure. after all, the absence of evidence of absence.

and if he's on the old body, i'll swap him myself.
a new body would, imho explane the higher price tag.

It certainly looks great but how many people are going to stay in this line if prices continue to jump? Glad I got out when I did.

thats what my first thoughts were.
if I still collected 1:6 this would be the figure that officially triggered me to jump to PFs only... :monkey1

:gandalf Got it... but man oh man-- $89... Things are starting to move towards Medi-world--- that's when I jump ship. Not sure if I'll keep the exclusive or get the regular cheaper from my Canadian supplier.

I'll be visiting Alterego for mine. The book isn't worth $14 to me unless I build Balin's tomb.

Looks nice, probably will be the only LOTR figure I am going to order.

Will display him with hat on, or people think Mozes is coming from the mountain

thats what my first thoughts were.
if I still collected 1:6 this would be the figure that officially triggered me to jump to PFs only... :monkey1

Hence why I only buy a few 1:6 figures every year. Thank god LOTR is one of the lines I don't collect any more.

PF's and statues are more bang for your buck IMO.

He really looks good but at $90 and with the Indy line coming out I'll probably end up cancelling him later.

SS is definitely moving in the right direction but there is still something lacking in the look of the outfit that doesn't quite justify the price hike.

9221_press05-001.jpg

Best LOTR 1/6 scale figure yet.

it seems a new body would have the be the reason behind the price-hike, but to me it seems like it wouldnt make sense to introduce a new/better body and jack the price up for a fig thats draped heavily in clothing. Seems like it would defeat the purpose of having the new body at all.

:gandalf Got it... but man oh man-- $89... Things are starting to move towards Medi-world--- that's when I jump ship. Not sure if I'll keep the exclusive or get the regular cheaper from my Canadian supplier.

DarthNeil, who is your Canadian supplier?

Thanks

it seems a new body would have the be the reason behind the price-hike, but to me it seems like it wouldnt make sense to introduce a new/better body and jack the price up for a fig thats draped heavily in clothing. Seems like it would defeat the purpose of having the new body at all.

except for better posing options. granted Gandalf was an old man, but he was a fairly physical old man.

except for better posing options. granted Gandalf was an old man, but he was a fairly physical old man.

right. I just meant, how much of a range will he have under all that clothing to even take advantage of a new body?...

9221_press02-001.jpg

I ordered one, 89$ is steep but LOTR has always been a bit higher haven't they?

The real pisser is the PF is john wayne!:lol

Well, I've got to admit I think $90 looks like a fair price for a figure of this quality AS LONG AS THE STANDARD FIGURE PAINT JOB MATCHES THE PROTOTYPE. I also hope the cloak looks a little less like he's just picked it up at the Hobbiton Mall Macy"s store!!!!

Now we just need that Merry and Pippin 2-pack and a Gimli....oh and a Saruman, a Theoden, an Eomer, an Eowyn an Arwen a Galadriel a Bilbo and assorted Orcs. That should keep us going until about 2020:D

Back