Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered....and at this new price, this line can keep it's glacial pace.

It's not the "prototype" part that's got me nervous, it's the "pending approval".

Tim's scupt looks remarkable...hair and beard look good and textured.
What's lacking texture is that robe...nice layering, but the plainess is making it look a little flat.

And yes, it will be interesting to hear if that is a new body under there....

Last edited:
I think it stinks that they used two spots of the six new figures for the regular and exclusive. Does that mean Indy will take two spots as well?

Ordered mines as well. Great sculpt and detailing on the accessories and costume. But these are definitely HT and Medicom prices. Sideshow better have a new body and a heck of a good reason to explain such an exponential price increase.

I think it looks fantastic. The cloak is fine, and the fact that it includes BOTH cloaks, one from the trip to Saruman and the second from Rivendell on.... Both staffs, the book... You get a lot of bang for your buck. And if they are able to keep the headsculpt that crisp looking... It's a HT type figure but with MORE accessories.

And the price is less than what a HT figure would be. I don't understand the controversy.

Really, I think it's fine. It makes me select my figures more carefully, that's for sure. :lol

I'm curious on the body under those robes (new body or old Buck) but we are getting alot of stuff with him so I guess the almost $100 after shipping isn't that bad. But right now we are only about $30 away from direct competition with Hot Toys. I got him though, now I hope Indy goes up just as early as Gandalf when the time comes.

Wow!!! By far the best LOTR figure so far:rock

I think the really nailed this one.

But holy crap, $90! With shipping it will cost me about $105. That is Hot Toys pricing now. It has a crap load of accessories though, so thats a good thing.

I guess this will be on the new body too. Could help to explain the high cost.

I wonder how much Indy figures are gonna be?

This line is getting too expensive. Why a TBD on the exclusive? I think SSC want to test how much juice is still in the 12" LotR line, see if there are still enough customers interested. As far as I recall, both exclusive versions of Sam and Frodo (ES 1500) came back for a second chance, which kind of hardens my theory: people start to realize that the line is getting too expensive. I wonder if making it even more expensive is going to do it any good. RIP 12" LotR line soon? Well, if the line is going to heaven, they might as well squeeze as much dollars out of it as possible.
It's a nice looking Gandalf though, you have to give 'em that. But for that prices, it better be good.

So Gandalf took up 2 squares?? That would leave 2 squares for Indy, regular and exclusive.

questionmark.gif
questionmark.gif
questionmark.gif
questionmark.gif

That only leaves 2 12" squares left, and possibly only one more figure.

I think it looks fantastic. The cloak is fine, and the fact that it includes BOTH cloaks, one from the trip to Saruman and the second from Rivendell on.... Both staffs, the book... You get a lot of bang for your buck. And if they are able to keep the headsculpt that crisp looking... It's a HT type figure but with MORE accessories.

And the price is less than what a HT figure would be. I don't understand the controversy.

Really, I think it's fine. It makes me select my figures more carefully, that's for sure. :lol

It's not the cloaks, it's the robes. How much do you want to bet when they make a PF that he'll have movie accurate robes? It happened before plenty of times.

Look at the jacket on the John Wayne PF compared to the 1/6 Indy. I don't it's anything to do with scale. Since I've seen stuff like that done on 1/6 before. Price? Maybe. But it's almost up there anyways.

Now don't get me wrong. It's not horrible. It is nice, but I want more. And I know I shouldn't.

:D

If Gandalf is on the new body, then I'll take back my previous statement about the figure not being worth $90. With a new body plus everything else, the figure is definetely worth the money. I also just noticed that he comes with both cloaks wich is a nice plus in my book.

So Gandalf took up 2 squares?? That would leave 2 squares for Indy, regular and exclusive.

That only leaves 2 12" squares left, and possibly only one more figure.

Hellboy maybe? :idea

What is the big deal about the body underneeath the clothes.

Unless you are going to be posing him with just his staff, I do not see a horrible problem.

But hey, if you are going to be posing him with just his staff, then keep it to yourself.

It's not the cloaks, it's the robes. How much do you want to bet when they make a PF that he'll have movie accurate robes? It happened before plenty of times.

Look at the jacket on the John Wayne PF compared to the 1/6 Indy. I don't it's anything to do with scale. Since I've seen stuff like that done on 1/6 before. Price? Maybe. But it's almost up there anyways.

Now don't get me wrong. It's not horrible. It is nice, but I want more. And I know I shouldn't.

:D

I think it's a bit of scale and price. The only problem with a fluffy fabric is that when it gets to that scale it just doesn't want to lay correctly. It wants to "poof" up. With leather and pleather it's a similiar problem. Real leather is really hard to pull off at that scale and not have it be too stiff. Faux leather wants to look more plastic and doesn't fold. Sovereign studios did it perfectly as far as Indy goes, I don't know what kind of material he used though.

There is still the Medicom Clonetrooper.

Just because the body is covered in robes, doesn't make the Buck pose any better.

Sovereign studios did it perfectly as far as Indy goes, I don't know what kind of material he used though.

I'd love to get one of those jackets.

What is the big deal about the body underneeath the clothes.

Unless you are going to be posing him with just his staff, I do not see a horrible problem.

But hey, if you are going to be posing him with just his staff, then keep it to yourself.

The new body would explain the price hike on the figure.

I agree Gandalf doesn't need an elaborate body but a new body would justify the price hike.

I don't think about naked 1:6 figures like you do but to each his/her own. :lol

Back