Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the assumption that the new body is used is based on nothing but blind faith as if, IMO, they spent the time & research to build a new body they would be promoting it big time but no mention in description or video

Unless it's not quite ready yet?But a mention of it you'd think would at least be there.:monkey2

It's also possible they planned to do a big announcement regarding the body, prepped something, band the TF preview caught attention where they thought it wouldn't be out before TF or we wouldn't notice, and with the way Gandalf looks, you wouldn't know what body he's on, so maybe just bad timing and a big announcement is coming.

:lol I knew it!!! I knew Sideshow would be hitting $90-$100 with their figures! I think myself and a lot of other predicted this in another debate thread.

Oh well...now you're getting closer to the Hot Toys range here, fellas! Feel our pain! :monkey1

Ordered but i WILL cancel if it's not on a new body.No way am i paying 100$ shipped FOR ANYTHING with the buck on it.(if it has a decent new body it's justified)

(reading this SS?)

We (Sideshow fans) outside the US are paying many years over the 100$ for 12" figures.
I have payed for the Gandalf the white PF VAT + shipping about
260 EUR = 381.732 USD

I am glad they jacked the price up. Otherwise I probably would have missed this pre-order. :lol

No seriously though. WTF! :google I know that I pay way more for Hot Toys stuff and some may argue that if I pay that than this should be a problem. However, it is a problem. Why? Because the quality is just better with Hot Toys. I hope their game matches the price. I will reserve my further opinion until it is in hand. Speaking of hands though, this is getting out of hand. :rotfl

I am glad they jacked the price up. Otherwise I probably would have missed this pre-order. :lol

No seriously though. WTF! :google I know that I pay way more for Hot Toys stuff and some may argue that if I pay that than this should be a problem. However, it is a problem. Why? Because the quality is just better with Hot Toys. I hope their game matches the price. I will reserve my further opinion until it is in hand. Speaking of hands though, this is getting out of hand. :rotfl

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

WOAH! I just barely got out of the shower, thinking he wouldn't be up until ten, and had the craziest feeling like I needed to check the computer now. Thank goodness!!!

I have to say, the likeness is AMAZING, as are the accessories. I'm glad he has two staves, but I can tell he'll need TONS of futzing to make the robes look right. Regardless, I'm super impressed with the costume, but more than anything the likeness!!! I can't wait. This line has yet to fail me!

I ordered it, but will drop SSC exc. in a heart beat if I can save 10 or more e-tail shipped. It's just amazing how opinions change over time/depending on the line/etc. Everyone threw insults when a few of us protested Farmboy Luke at 70 dollars. Well, in my opinion, Gandalf at 90 makes more sense than Luke at 70. Don't get me wrong, it's still too high, but when you consider: Gandalf - more accessories, more complex sculpt, more complex outfit, less market than Star Wars, etc. Yet, everyone seems fine with people complaining now ... even Josh issued a cryptic semi-complaint. So, have we all just realized that these prices are getting too high for an "old" style SSC figure, or are some of you hypocrites who can take being overcharged for certain lines, but not with others?

You underestimate my optimism! Everything else was perfect, all it took was Les' repaint to make him shine! But that was his only flaw; in fact it was the only flaw in the entire line!

Agreed, 100%. I think this figure looks great but I have been officially priced out of this line.

As Badmoon and many others have brought up, yes we have been paying these prices for Hot Toys and Medicom figures for years, but is that really a valid argument? I can break the bank every now and then for a Hot Toys or Medicom figure but Sideshow was always the manufacturer that I knew I could buy a nice figure at a reasonable price point. Reasonable for me being 40.00 to 70.00. But things have changed.

After 10 years of loyal collecting, from Universal Monsters to Twilight Zone and Outer Limits to Hellboy and now Star Wars and Lord Of The Rings, I am officially unable to continue in the race.

For those out there who have the means for purchasing this and any future figures in the new price point I am insanely jealous of you.

Everyone threw insults when a few of us protested Farmboy Luke at 70 dollars.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. A lot of people were annoyed at the price increases. Just look at that entire thread about it in the Star Wars forum. Of course much of the discussion had already taken place earlier after the announcement of Smuggler Han.

But this is a $25 increase over the other human figures in the line, and that's hard to swallow. I don't think Gandalf's outfit or accessories are more complicated than the other figures'.

If SS was on the same page quality wise as HT and Medicom i could see it but they are not!I just hope somehow this is on a new body,to put my fears that SS's ego has inflated at rest.

I don't collect the LOTR line, but this figure looks amazing. I thought I'd order it just because I love the character and the figure is incredible. Then I saw the price tag :google

I know a lot of you guys buy the Hot Toys and Medicom stuff and are probably used to this kind of pricing, but I can't see myself continuing to buy new figs if this becomes the norm.

Should this pricing become the standard, I see myself just buying loose, damaged box, and kit-bashing from here on out. :monkey2

A lot of people a saying that the price increase isn't worth the buck body. I have never had a problem posing them on the buck. I would like to see an update as well. For me though for the price I would like to see more accessories and better materials and tailoring for the clothing. I think that is where Hot Toys dominates and warrants their high prices. The body is important however, I would like to see them improve in other areas first.

Back