Gandalf 12" up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the big deal about the body underneeath the clothes.

Unless you are going to be posing him with just his staff, I do not see a horrible problem.

But hey, if you are going to be posing him with just his staff, then keep it to yourself.

That's the problem. If they kept the old body with which I don't have a problem for this particular character, then the price shouldn't have increased. But the increase in price should have a reason behind and the only reason I and many others can guess is a new body. Nothing else seems obvious to me at the moment.

As expected, he looks to be the best of the Fellowship (Gimli may outshine him?). But the price is quite steep and I have a feeling I will have to cancel Prajii and maybe Solo to afford him.

Looks like Tim Miller may become a go to man for LOTR like Trev has become for Star Wars, :rock I like that.

I'm glad I'm not a LOTR collector.. I thought $70 for Luke was bad. He looks great though but not for me and it make me afraid of what Vader will cost.

I think his hat needs to be a little more blue as well.

Well look at the bright side. When Hobbit figures come out, you already have one.

Well, as I said before, Gandalf is like my Obi-Wan in the LOTR line, and as one of my most desired in the line, I'm VERY happy with how he looks. The sculpt is great, the paint is perfect and the outfit and accessories are immaculate.

That's the problem. If they kept the old body with which I don't have a problem for this particular character, then the price shouldn't have increased. But the increase in price should have a reason behind and the only reason I and many others can guess is a new body. Nothing else seems obvious to me at the moment.

My first post was a bad attempt at being funny.

My main issue is, why would a new body be an automatic increase of this magnitude. The body had better be pretty damn awesome compared to the old one.

What is the big deal about the body underneeath the clothes.

Unless you are going to be posing him with just his staff, I do not see a horrible problem.

But hey, if you are going to be posing him with just his staff, then keep it to yourself.

LOL...I'm sure Wor-gar is prepping that kitchen for those shots as we speak....:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

We'll have a rough idea about the price when Indy goes up for PO as he's clearly on a new body.

Gandalf is pretty tall right? I wonder if Sideshow has a new big boy body as well as the standard size body.

I'm going to guess by the shaping, the hat is definitely molded material and not cloth.

Still looks real good...

How about that beautiful Tim Miller sculpt, Sean? Can't wait to snap some outdoor shots of this one in the Shire, er, the tall grasses behind my house :)!

So any one else think that they have the cloaks reversed? The hooded one is the one he wears pre Orthanc (fairly sure) but is paired with the crystal/staff combo while the other is post Orthanc but paired with his regular staff. BUT we can put the pipe inside the staff! And when did we go back to giving artist credit on the page? Kudos for that though.

Still looks real good...

How about that beautiful Tim Miller sculpt, Sean? Can't wait to snap some outdoor shots of this one in the Shire, er, the tall grasses behind my house :)!

Oh don't get my wrong, I love the hat being sculpted, it's such a unique shape I didn't think it'd be possible to achieve so nice a look without sculpting it.

And yes, Tim did the kind of sculpt I dreamed of for Gandalf. The expression on the face is PERFECT for GTG, and the definition of the hair is what I was looking for with this character. Can't wait to see you do some Fellowship shots in the snow dude, though by the time Gandalf ships, it'll be too late for snow, but once it comes again, love to see the mountainside-like shots. I can't wait to shoot this figure, much like Old Ben, it'll be about highlighting sculpt, emotion and character.

No vale la pena

Niet waard

N'en vaut pas la peine

Lohnt sich nicht

何の価値もないこと

.......no matter how you say it, not worth $90

IMO

Got one. The price is a shocker, but he does look great.

At these prices though, I'm glad this is the last LOTR figure I wanted.

I optimistically ordered Gandalf but when push comes to shove and it comes time to decide between Gandalf and Indy...Well I'll have to cancel, ol' greybeard.

Not sure if I'm more surprised by him going up so early or the price hike. I ordered him... a twinge of hesitation, but still ordered. I'm hoping that he's on a new body, but I suspect it would have been mentioned somewhere as that is (IMO) a big selling point.

However, it is GTG and to me he's worth it to have in my collection, but for instance a 2nd string character at this price will make passing a bit easier.

Back