Media Games you want Remade/ Rebooted/ Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Remakes:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid (W/ David Hayter as Solid Snake)
Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis
Syphon Filter

Rebooted:

Resident Evil as a whole. Doesn't really need much explanation :lol

Sequels:

Resident Evil Outbreak 3
Final Fantasy VII (After Advent Children)
Devil May Cry (W/ Reubon Langdon as Dante)
Read Dead Redemption
The Last of Us

I'm sure there are others I'd like, but it's all I could think of right now.

Last edited:
Oh boy, this sounds like a fun topic. Here's what I have in mind:

Remakes:

RE2/3.
Half Life.
Final Fantasy VII.
Silent Hill.

Reboots

Metal Gear series.
Resident Evil series.

Sequels:

Metal Gear Rising.
Shadow of Destiny.
Tomb Raider 4 (The Trilogy universe).
Back to The Future: The game Part 6.
Final Fantasy X-3.

Remakes (More like Remasters):
Star Wars: Battlefront I and II
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect Trilogy
Dead Space trilogy
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkiachi 2
Pokemon Red and Blue

Reboots:
Assassin's Creed
Megaman Battle Network

Sequels:
Red Dead Redemption
Last of Us
Lego Marvel
Rock Band 4
Kingdom Hearts III (I know it's announced, just want :lol)
Battlefront III (same as KH)

Oh boy, this sounds like a fun topic. Here's what I have in mind:

Remakes:

RE2/3.
Half Life.
Final Fantasy VII.
Silent Hill.

Reboots

Metal Gear series.
Resident Evil series.

Sequels:

Metal Gear Rising.
Shadow of Destiny.
Tomb Raider 4 (The Trilogy universe).
Back to The Future: The game Part 6.
Final Fantasy X-3.

You got me with MGR sequel, and MGS reboot :lol definitely would be welcomed by me.

I'd say a Silent Hill remake would be good, but Silent Hills will probably be too successful for Konami to care at that point and will keep the series moving forward.

Remakes (More like Remasters):
Star Wars: Battlefront I and II
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Mass Effect Trilogy
Dead Space trilogy
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkiachi 2
Pokemon Red and Blue

Reboots:
Assassin's Creed
Megaman Battle Network

Sequels:
Red Dead Redemption
Last of Us
Lego Marvel
Rock Band 4
Kingdom Hearts III (I know it's announced, just want :lol)
Battlefront III (same as KH)

Why Tenkaichi 2? The third game did everything in 2 but better.

Remakes:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
Resident Evil 2.
Resident Evil 3.
Devil May Cry. (The original & not that British made catastrophe).

Reboots:

Resident Evil. (Please stop being Call of Duty).
Splinter Cell. (It's not going to happen but I'd like to see this series go back to being the cerebral stealth/puzzle games that 1-4 were & not the mind-numbing shooters that they are now.)
Tomb Raider. (Seems like a dozy choice considering that it has just been rebooted but for my reasons see directly above, minus the stealth bit).
In fact, the above games have all gone from being shells of what they once were to being no more than cover based shooters now. :gah:

Sequels:

The Legend of Zelda. (A sequel is down for 2015, so fingers crossed).
Bayonetta 3. (I hope that part 2 sells enough, overall, to at least have Nintendo consider it.) :pray:
Devil May Cry 5. (Let's go back & continue with the light-hearted, fairly tough & always stylish original Japanese game series).
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
Portal 3.
Beyond Good & Evil 2.
Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic 3.
Alan Wake 2.

Why Tenkaichi 2? The third game did everything in 2 but better.

Never got to play it much, so I couldn't really say much on that. I think it also was the amount and certain characters they had. I hate the fact they'll go and say:
Goku is one character, SS1 is two, SS2 is three and so forth. Why not do the usual pick Goku and have in game transformations.

Overall a new DBZ that's like the Budokai is needed. Never did enjoy the whole 3D battle system.

Didn't the last Splinter Cell take a ****? I wonder if that series would ever come back. They should of never gotten rid of Michael Ironside.

Wow forgot about Portal 3. Yeah that needs to get done. Throw in Left 4 Dead 3 in there too!

I doubt much will happen in a positive way with SC after Tom Clancy. We'll see when Patriots and Division actually get released.

Never got to play it much, so I couldn't really say much on that. I think it also was the amount and certain characters they had. I hate the fact they'll go and say:
Goku is one character, SS1 is two, SS2 is three and so forth. Why not do the usual pick Goku and have in game transformations.

Overall a new DBZ that's like the Budokai is needed. Never did enjoy the whole 3D battle system.

Tenkachi 3 has the biggest roster of any DBZ game ever made. I hope Xenoverse isn't a bust.

Hmmmm ...

• The first 2 metal gear games for the NES.
  • Panzer Dragoon
  • Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)

I can't think of anymore.

Didn't the last Splinter Cell take a ****? I wonder if that series would ever come back. They should of never gotten rid of Michael Ironside.

Yes mate, totally agree. My heart sank as I played Splinter Cell: Conviction because of the extreme gameplay changes but the one saving grace was Michael Ironside's typically wonderful voice acting. Getting rid of him was the final nail in the coffin for me. They took the heart right out of the series. & Ubisoft's reasoning that they wanted the same actor doing the voice acting as well as the motion capture was just completely bizarre & senseless.

It's like a film studio saying that they're firing Tom Hanks from his new action movie & hiring his stunt double instead because, you know, we want the same guy doing the stunts doing the acting because... erm... some reason. It was, for me, that stupid & bonkers a decision.

Yes mate, totally agree. My heart sank as I played Splinter Cell: Conviction because of the extreme gameplay changes but the one saving grace was Michael Ironside's typically wonderful voice acting. Getting rid of him was the final nail in the coffin for me. They took the heart right out of the series. & Ubisoft's reasoning that they wanted the same actor doing the voice acting as well as the motion capture was just completely bizarre & senseless.

It's like a film studio saying that they're firing Tom Hanks from his new action movie & hiring his stunt double instead because, you know, we want the same guy doing the stunts doing the acting because... erm... some reason. It was, for me, that stupid & bonkers a decision.

It didn't do them any good, the game tanked.

:goodpost:

Man, I definitely need to play KOTOR again.

I played it through again just a couple of years ago & I still love it.

I remember back in the summer of 2003 just standing there on Taris & looking around & taking it all in & thinking to myself, that's it, I'm in game heaven. It was a great feeling.

Back