Media Favorite Boss Battles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kratos vs ares in GoW. Kratos vs Zeus in GoW3. Hercules was a great fight as well as Poseidon.
The fates were a great opponent in GoW2 with the mirrors and traversing time periods. Jeez so many great opponents...

Deathstroke in Arkham Origins.

The pope in Assassins Creed 2.

The Star Wars producers should've sued Ubisoft for that lightsaber Pope battle.

Too many to name but overall most favorite and memorable for me would be Raiden vs Solidus

I wish I had the chance to play shadow of the colossus everyone raves about it. Hope to pick up god of war when it comes to PS4, another one I missed.

Like a lot of older games, it hasn't aged that well to be fair. The controls and pace take a bit to get used to.

For Boss fights, MGS3 - The Boss. If you take the sequence in it's entirety, the cutscenes before and after, the music... it's one of the most memorable.

All the boss fights in God of War 3 and the Titan levels are what differentiate Gow3 from otherwise being a prettier PS2 God of War game.. The whole prologue part before he loses his powers with Gaia and Poseidon I think is the best sequence in any God of War game..

The controls was always a bit strange in Shadow of the Colossus, even at the time of its release back in 2005. It might take some getting used to, but it shouldn't hinder the playability of the game.

I have to say, I loved the HD upgrade. It was nicely re-polished, and the lighting effects were better than the PS2 version.

I'm glad I dropped that series. :lol

The games were always like a bad season of Stargate :lol.

Hint: There are Aliens who created mankind.

*SPOILER!!*

The controls was always a bit strange in Shadow of the Colossus, even at the time of its release back in 2005. It might take some getting used to, but it shouldn't hinder the playability of the game.

I have to say, I loved the HD upgrade. It was nicely re-polished, and the lighting effects were better than the PS2 version.

The games were always like a bad season of Stargate :lol.

Hint: There are Aliens who created mankind.

*SPOILER!!*

Great analogy :lol

I loved ACII, but that's where it ended for me.

Fighting satan from lords of shadows; Castlevania. That was awesome. And the forgotten one. Fighting the Golems as well. Ho boy. Fun fights.

I think the first boss battle, I remember being referred to a boss battle was the Dr. Robotnik fights in Sonic :lol

Kefka! The last boss fight in final fantasy six was amazing.
Multiple levels, all whatever number of characters were involved as well.
Evil at the top!
Oh my god.

Lastboss.jpg

If you have a PlayStation 4, you might want to consider trying PlayStation Now, which would allow you to stream both games in remastered format. It's not without its faults, but PSNow is the best means of backwards compatibility on the PS4 (and will likely always be). If you haven't tried it yet then you would qualify for a free trial, too.

The controls and pacing were issues when the game was initially released. I don't think it's aged poorly. It looks and plays like most games of that generation would, and it does so remarkably well despite its shortcomings. It's a work of art.

Well, that's kind of my point. Go back to when we didn't have twin sticks on controllers, and give those game (even more action focused titles like Syphon Filter) to a modern gamer. Driving games too... (compare the original Driver to a modern NFS or Forza Horizon)

The Order 1886 was criticised because it's shooter controls were average (by TP Shooter standards), because of lack of gameplay and free control, because of it's short length... If SOTC was released today with upgraded visuals and reviewers didn't have the benefit of nostelgia influencing them, it would be slammed.... SOTC is a work of art, I agree... but so is The Order IMO...

Edit: It would be nice for everyone who ever touched the game to see it how we saw it all those years ago, but we are in the trophy era now. There is a large % of gamers who only care about their trophy cards. They don't even seem to care that much about the game in hand.

If an old school game like that came out now, there would be a playguide up within two days on playstationtrophies, complete with a) to b) video guides on how to find the colossus and beat them as quick as possibly, so people can show off their shiny platinums in under a week..

Well, that's kind of my point. Go back to when we didn't have twin sticks on controllers, and give those game (even more action focused titles like Syphon Filter) to a modern gamer. Driving games too... (compare the original Driver to a modern NFS or Forza Horizon)

The Order 1886 was criticised because it's shooter controls were average (by TP Shooter standards), because of lack of gameplay and free control, because of it's short length... If SOTC was released today with upgraded visuals and reviewers didn't have the benefit of nostelgia influencing them, it would be slammed.... SOTC is a work of art, I agree... but so is The Order IMO...

Edit: It would be nice for everyone who ever touched the game to see it how we saw it all those years ago, but we are in the trophy era now. There is a large % of gamers who only care about their trophy cards. They don't even seem to care that much about the game in hand.

If an old school game like that came out now, there would be a playguide up within two days on playstationtrophies, complete with a) to b) video guides on how to find the colossus and beat them as quick as possibly, so people can show off their shiny platinums in under a week..

I always liked that fight with the guy with the Flamethrower in the first Syphon Filter.

I’m currently playing through Bloodborne (Just took down The One Reborn) and I have a feeling a few of these will make up my top list. The character designs alone make them memorable for me. I do like a good Monster.

The Darksiders series and Bayonetta had some nice ones too.

Back