Media Favorite weapons in Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Just a few off the top of my head.

Snake's MK23 SOCOM from MGS. Probably one of the first that I can remember from being a kid that I immediately loved. I always liked the laser module on it since it looked so high tech, and the suppressor compliments the gun too.

ORlW0bo.jpg

Leon's M1100 shotgun in Resident Evil 2. I always loved the loud "CRACK!" every time you fire it, plus it blows zombies torso into hamburger. It's so satisfying to use.

s5k8rXV.jpg

Cloud's Buster Sword from Final Fantasy VII. Such an iconic sword, I just wish you didn't need to stop using it for other swords that were programmed stronger.

ZHgvo4J.jpg

Sephiroth's Masamune from Final Fantasy VII.

xDEp38I.png

Dante's Rebellion from Devil May Cry 3-4. Always loved how badass the design was.

eIYRMVs.jpg

Sam's High Frequency Blade from Metal Gear Rising. What can I say? The blade is red, has electricity around it, and it can be fired out of a scabbard built like like an M4 at lightning speed for quick draws.

MFVKlhP.gif

Jehuty's Vector Cannon from Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. Couldn't find a clear photo, so here's a video. I always enjoyed the long build up to power up the charge for one shot, and the sheer wave of energy that comes flying out of it when you fire.

Last edited:
Crissaegrim - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
1PbSRqc.gif

Everything else is training mode with this equipped.

Impact Hammer - Unreal Tournament
fvuT4F7.png

You can have your sniper rifles and rocket launchers. Watching your opponent walk out of a portal and straight into your fully charged impact hammer is one of the true joys in life.

1. The Zica Canon from Tyrian 2000. It destroys practically everything.

2. The mother ****ing Missile Boat from Star Wars: Tie-Fighter. It was arguably, the most advanced and expensive Starfighter ever financed and developed by the Empire. One Missile Boat would have enough firepower to take down a Star Destroyer, and slam jets would enable it to accelerate to sub-light speed; much faster than an A-Wing.

3. The Gauss Rifle from MechWarrior. It was essentially a powerful Railgun that fired high-speed, explosive projectiles. What made it special, is that it operated with zero heat generation, in a game where the more powerful weapons could put your Mech in danger or shutting down or exploding.

4. The Atma weapon from Final Fantasy VI. It's the most powerful weapon in the game, and the trickiest one to obtain, since you would have to revisit the world of the Espers without having any prior hints about it. You're only allowed to use it once, and most people ended up saving it for the last battle with Kefka, where the Atma weapon could kill him in one blow.

5. Sephiroth's Masamune from Final Fantasy VII; it looks so badass :lecture

6. Big Goron Sword - The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. It's a two-handed weapon, more powerful than the Master Sword. The only draw-back, is that you can't use a shield with it.

7. Snake's MK23 SOCOM from MGS 1. Definitely one of the most iconic weapons I could remember in a video game.

8. Crying Wolf's Railgun from MGS 4. What can I say, I love Railguns. It was so nice charging that thing up, and killing Geccos with one shot.

9. And yeah, Jehuty's Vector Canon from ZOE: The Second Runner. Charging it up took time, but it was amazing seeing it light up everything on screen.

10. The Shark Cannon from Saints Row the Third :rotfl. Fire chum at unsuspected bystandards, and watch as they scream in terror when a Great White blasts out from the concrete, hurls them into the air eats them.

11. The Plasma Cutter from Dead Space. Shoot plasma at a monster, watch it get dismembered.

1. The Zica Canon from Tyrian 2000. It destroys practically everything.

2. The mother ****ing Missile Boat from Star Wars: Tie-Fighter. It was arguably, the most advanced and expensive Starfighter ever financed and developed by the Empire. One Missile Boat would have enough firepower to take down a Star Destroyer, and slam jets would enable it to accelerate to sub-light speed; much faster than an A-Wing.

3. The Gauss Rifle from MechWarrior. It was essentially a powerful Railgun that fired high-speed, explosive projectiles. What made it special, is that it operated with zero heat generation, in a game where the more powerful weapons could put your Mech in danger or shutting down or exploding.

4. The Atma weapon from Final Fantasy VI. It's the most powerful weapon in the game, and the trickiest one to obtain, since you would have to revisit the world of the Espers without having any prior hints about it. You're only allowed to use it once, and most people ended up saving it for the last battle with Kefka, where the Atma weapon could kill him in one blow.

5. Sephiroth Masamune - Final Fantasy VII; it looks so badass :lecture

6. Big Goron Sword - The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. It's a two-handed weapon, more powerful than the Master Sword. The only draw-back, is that you can't use a shield with it.

7. Snake's MK23 SOCOM from MGS 1. Definitely one of the most iconic weapons I could remember in a video game.

8. Crying Wolf's Railgun from MGS 4. What can I say, I love Railguns. It was so nice charging that thing up, and killing Geccos with one shot.

9. And yeah, Jehuty's Vector Canon from ZOE: The Second Runner. Charging it up took time, but it was amazing seeing it light up everything on screen.

10. The Shark Cannon from Saints Row the Third :rotfl. Fire chum at unsuspected bystandards, and watch as they scream in terror when a Great White blasts out from the concrete, hurls them into the air eats them.

11. The Plasma Cutter from Dead Space. Shoot plasma at a monster, watch it get dismembered.

I should of added that one :lol it was fun to use it, especially after getting ripped apart by Fortune with it.

Exactly. I also loved hearing the charging sound and the little *beep* when it's ready to fire :lol.

Hmm... what else.

12. Gordon Freeman's Gravity Gun in Half-Life 2. Hurl some robots into the air and hear them scream, hurl things at your enemies.

13. The Armacham 10mm High Velocity Penetrator from F.E.A.R.. It's a very accurate, high-powered nail gun. Shoot enemy soldiers in the head, and nail them to a wall. Great for interior decor.

14. The Blade of Artimis from God of War. According to the game, Artimis used it to slay a Titan. It's very powerful, but slow compared to Kratos' other weapons.

I'm sure if Kojima had more of his way with things, we'd see all sorts of jelly. The Japanese censors always seem to hold back his craziness.

That's why I almost wanted Kojima behind Rising, to get that gratuitous gore we saw in the reveal trailer.

How could I forget? REX in MGS4. It was purely fan service, but I loved finally being able to use it.

Yeah, REX itself could be considered a weapon. I always wondered how it became superior to RAY with just a firmware upgrade :rotfl.

Even though MGS 4 had a horrible storyline, there were definitely some great moments in the game.

That's why I almost wanted Kojima behind Rising, to get that gratuitous gore we saw in the reveal trailer.

Would have loved to have a no-holds-bar, cut anything game.

Firmware :lol

REX should run like Internet Explorer, no matter what you do to it, compared to RAY.

I liked all Dead Space weapons. They all had some great secondary fires, except the flame thrower. All flamethrowers suck. The javelin/plasma cutter was a favorite combo.

Also bioshock weapons: primarily the Vigors and plasmids.

Duke Nulem 3D - Shrink Ray

Team Fortress 2 - Jarate

Worms - Sheep

NOLF 2 - Purse Micromissle Launcher

Back