Galactus maquette overspray eyes & better lit pictures needed please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nixtheoverspray.jpg

This looks soooooo much better!!!
SSC should have learned from Ultron that over spray glow effect is not desired by most. Those that are ok with it still would rather have it gone, given the choice.

After seeing the photoshop version with the overspray removed I really just can't pull the trigger on this unless they change it.

I'm not spending 800 dollars and every time I look at it all I will see is funky overspray eyes like I do on my Ultron.

I sometime don't understand the art direction of SSC? They should had maybe do a survey and ask what people want. This is a big mistake by SSC.

Yeah while you guys are at it,email Sideshow to fix Dutch's crazy eyes too.

This was replied back from another thread. Hope it happens :pray:

How about Galactus overspray eyes? Have you guys talked about possibly removing it. If not, can you bring it up please. You guys should do a poll. You will be quite surprise how many people don't like it.

Trust me when I say that such comments regarding Galactus have been seen and will be taken into consideration with our production team. Many members of our production team do visit the board but don't tend to comment. :)

-SideshowAlex

As I always suspected, Sideshow staff keep a very close eye/ear to what is said on these boards, always. So change and compromise are true possibilities.

Hoping they do the right thing, which is obvious to anybody with a pair of eyes, & kill the over-spray fiasco.

Thought Mamba mentioned a light-up feature? If so, all the more reason to get rid of that tacky, cheap, gimmicky over-spray.:wave

As I always suspected, Sideshow staff keep a very close eye/ear to what is said on these boards, always. So change and compromise are true possibilities.

Hoping they do the right thing, which is obvious to anybody with a pair of eyes, & kill the over-spray fiasco.

Thought Mamba mentioned a light-up feature? If so, all the more reason to get rid of that tacky, cheap, gimmicky over-spray.:wave

This gives me hope for Green Lantern.

Please consider removing the over spray on the eyes on the production run of the Glaactus Maquette Sideshow. It is not needed and cheapens an otherwise epic piece imo.

why get rid of the over spray? it looked so good on Ultron. :thud:

don't really matter to me since I'm not ordering this cause of the stupid open ES. I'll pick him up on the aftermarket for 1/2 price down the road.

thanks ssc. :monkey4

don't really matter to me since I'm not ordering this cause of the stupid open ES. I'll pick him up on the aftermarket for 1/2 price down the road.

thanks ssc. :monkey4

:goodpost::lecture The open edition, lack of numbers on the base and the fact that it will be available for a long time (probably years) kept me away more than anything. I may wait for in hand pictures and pick it up on the secondary market in a few years for cheap. If not, it will still be available a few years down the line from Sideshow for retail price anyways. No rush at all.

Open ES doesn't mean that many will be made and production could be stopped at anytime. I've seen open editions be worth more than numbered pieces in the same line.

Open ES doesn't mean that many will be made and production could be stopped at anytime. I've seen open editions be worth more than numbered pieces in the same line.

You ordered this The Josh?

Well it definitely won't be worth for the few (or many) years that more while the edition is still open and readily available for the same price on the Sideshow website.

Do you know how long orders for the the first Open Edition product took to close? or is it still open?

Just get rid of the overspray SSC and you will make a lot of people happy!

Word of advise to the developing team of SSC, don't do anymore over spray around the eyes. I don't want to spend money to fix something that shouldn't be needed to.

No, I was tempted when I saw it at comic-con but my wallet nearly kicked me in the nuts if I had and then ordered Sauron. :lol

Yeah, most likely it will take a while to be worth anything but most items do that now. Mostly because the economy world wide blows.

I can go back to the SSW lotr statue line. I don't think they were open long. We were never told the exact number but from what we could gather back in the day those ES were 1k at most. These were pieces a fraction of what this costs. I would say even if they eave it open for 2 years the ES won't hit more than 1k because of the price.

No, I was tempted when I saw it at comic-con but my wallet nearly kicked me in the nuts if I had and then ordered Sauron. :lol

Yeah, most likely it will take a while to be worth anything but most items do that now. Mostly because the economy world wide blows.

Ah you are not getting it? Even down the line?

Agreed, the economy is not the best. That's why it's nice to be able to hold off pieces and the open edition pieces are the lowest priority since they will be readily available for a while. Especially if people are worried about how the overspray will come out after the Ultron fiasco.

Ironman 1:2 scale maquette was put up for order in 2009 (or was it earlier). That's 3 years.

The T-800 Endo bust was first available in 2006 and is still up for order. That's 6 years.

So Galactus should be available for a long while.

I won't say never. It's pretty impressive that's for sure.

Yeah, it does allow you to hold off if like most of us things are tight or you have other items you want more.

09 sounds about right. For the mark III.

They will be up for a while No doubt about that.

Back