QC a big concern for Sideshow products. Who is passing or checking the final product?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny Hot Toys/Enterbay gets better with time,the prices are going up and so the quality,but of course when making 5.000 and more you're going to have a few bad QC pieces.

But with SideShow it gets worse with time and the prices are going up too.

Funny Hot Toys/Enterbay gets better with time,the prices are going up and so the quality,but of course when making 5.000 and more you're going to have a few bad QC pieces.

hot toys and enterbay is really a different beast and not good for comparison. I wont get into the reasons but it should be obvious.

The only companies i am aware of that consistently deliver good statues seem to be attakus and the new arh studios. Attakus has perfect paint on every single of their 1/5 statues, the only thing i worry about buying attakus statues is breakage during shipping but their paint is NEVER a problem. Too bad they only does star wars and are very expensive msrp. Also some of their human sculpt likeness isnt good. I think everything is painted in france, not china.

ARH studio is still new but so far all their products have been spot on to what the prototype photos showed and although i only have 2 of their statues, have seen a bunch in stores and no complaints at all, hope this continues!

Their 1/6 stuff is going up up up.

Their 1/4 stuff is going down down down.

Possibly, with Sideshow now getting 1/4 scale competition from EB and HT, their production quality will go up, as did their 1/6 scale products when they were faced with extreme competition from all over the place.

Sideshow reigned atop the 1/4 mountain to long and got lazy, now there is competition in the 1/4 scale market.

Time to nut of or STFU and GTFO Sideshow.

:lecture

Their 1/6 stuff is going up up up.

Their 1/4 stuff is going down down down.

Possibly, with Sideshow now getting 1/4 scale competition from EB and HT, their production quality will go up, as did their 1/6 scale products when they were faced with extreme competition from all over the place.

Sideshow reigned atop the 1/4 mountain to long and got lazy, now there is competition in the 1/4 scale market.

Time to nut of or STFU and GTFO Sideshow.

:lecture

:goodpost:

This guy is a smart cookie.

Great%20Ultron%20PF%20A_2.png

9192655e.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2C6P_5BF60&feature=g-all-lik&context=G23303ebFAAAAAAAAYAA

Whoa, wait! That 2nd image is the final released product? Looks like its in the primer coat phase!!!! My god, What is Sideshow doing?!?!?!

Sideshow has had some misses, and some hits. I have faith that they will work out their qc issues. I honestly just hope it's before long.

Sideshow has been good to me, so I wont just walk away. But I will take a break if I have to. So far though, nothing I have bought has been so traumatic.

I do agree that Ultron is a miss, and I believe Sideshow will help customers out. Gotta keep the faith.

Ok, i commend you for keeping a level head, but for me, I gotta say:

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!! at least, on this piece. I am sorry for everyone excited for this one and got that, WOW

:goodpost:

This guy is a smart cookie.

And of course your not biased :lol

___

My last SSC statue was the Cyborg Darth Maul PF and that had perfect QC, colour was off a bit but quality control was perfect.

Before that there was the Beast Comiquette which had a terrible glasses hand, but i use the ex hand anyway so that didn't bother me too much

Before that the Colossus Comiquette which was perfect.

So i'm on a decent track record at the moment.

It is concerning for me, both my Spider-Man and Carnage Comiquettes had QC last year but SSC replaced them both and that's a big reason why i buy from them, i've yet had to return a product for a refund

Last edited:
If you have a customer service question - please address it to the proper place on the sideshow website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back