QC a big concern for Sideshow products. Who is passing or checking the final product?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VS1976

Super Freak
Reaction score
Before I start, this is not a rant towards SSC but a big concern I have with there recent releases such as Rogue to now the Ultron PF. We all know about the fiasco with Rogue's eye paint so I'm not going to delve too much to it but what's up the Ultron PF? The paint application looks nothing like the prototype. The abdominal area on the SSC page looks a different color then what I see.

Great%20Ultron%20PF%20A_2.png

9192655e.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2C6P_5BF60&feature=g-all-lik&context=G23303ebFAAAAAAAAYAA[/ame]

As you can see, it's two completely different paint apps. I love SSC products but as a consumer I'm slowly losing faith. They had some recent hits & I am very proud to own the Cobra Commander PF to Emma Frost LSB to Vampirella Comiquette then we get products like the Ultron. I know Ultron was rushed because of the time it was on preorder day which was on August 25th, 2011. That's less then 5 months to produce this statue. The orange overspray looks awful and makes it look cheap. It only works if the lights of the statue is turned on but when it's not, it looks like this. I am questioning the art department on why they decided to do the overspray.

I am not happy with this one bit! I'm not going to fork over $400 (tax etc) for a statue that looks like this. I also question about the recent release statue of Destroyer Maquette. It was advertised at 26" and when I got it, it was only 23". The paint app was also a little disappointing. I paid over $600 to get him.

I've also noticed that the paint apps or decals used for some of the statues are god awful. How can we have lazy eyes on a constant bases? We know of the issues with Rogue but my Faith had the a minor issues. How can we have a perfect app like (the best) Lara Croft comiquette to the recent issues like this.

IMO, If SSC is going to charge NRDs and increase the price of there statues, you guys need to step it up and do a better job. Whoever is checking the factory final products needs to be evaluated. Inconsistency on this is unacceptable. If this is a painters problem in your factories, then you need to get rid of them and find better talents.

Its a tough call but I can not accept this anymore SSC. I will be cancelling my Ultron order tomorrow & I better not lose my NRD. Please hire better talents & the QC people who are doing this! This can't happen anymore. :lecture

Last edited:
Is that even the same product? Seriously looks very different.

Judging from that one pic, not only do the paint apps on Ultron look awful, the sculpt looks soft; almost like it's a poor recast.

Judging from that one pic, not only do the paint apps on Ultron look awful, the sculpt looks soft; almost like it's a poor recast.

If the paint app was like the Destroyer or War Machine Maquette, it would have looked better. It needed to be darker and have a metallic look to it. This doesn't have it at all. I am highly disappointing with this.

Last edited:
Though I think the red is a better color for Ultron than yellow, and is more a reflection of the iconic version of that character I'm familiar with, that's a surprising change from prototype to production piece.

Not just the red, why would they leave the sternum the same color as the rest of the body when the preview pics clearly show its different?

This almost looks like they primed it and then forgot to complete the painting process.

Thats it. It looked a little weird to me but I couldn't think of how to phrase it. That really sucks. I hope Sideshow can figure out how to fix all these problems.

If the paint app was like the Destroyer or War Machine Maquette, it would have looked better. It needed to be darker and have a metallic look to it. This doesn't have it at all. I am highly disappointing with this.

you r the lucky one who able to cancel i had on flex-pay n asked SS to charge my card on 2nd feb for full remaining payment with shipping my shipment is on the way .......n now ____ happens really disappointed ...:(.

Sideshow's QC has been pretty bad lately but is that even the same statue? This has to be some kind of joke, right?

WTF??? That looks like plastic toy!! I am not gonna spend $400 for that !!

If the Psylocke PF comes out with crappy QC issues or subpar paint apps, I will cancel my remaining orders (I don't care if I eat the NRD fees) and be done with Sideshow until they show that they actually care about the quality of their products.

I think I have a few hundred $$$ worth of rewards points banked, so I will have to spend those.

I for one feel very aggrieved that the iteration of the statue delivered is substantially different to the version used to solicit sales and to secure non-refundable deposits. The quality and detailing is significantly inferior to that which was advertised, and that's a very poor way for a collectibles company to inspire confidence. I hope at least that Sideshow concede that the production version is a huge disappointment after the prototype pics, and that in this particular instance they allow people to withdraw from the purchase without any financial penalty.

Last edited:
Makes me worried for the Jessica and Joker PF's. Both see to require alot of intricate paint work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back