G.I. Joe Movie Update!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this will be a good movie or a fiasco?

• Good Movie

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Fiasco

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Doesn't matter. With all the fans, it will still make a ton of money.

Votes: 28 33.3%

• Total voters
The Ninja stuff should only be apart of the greater story.

I was also Pretty pumped up to go see Mortal Combat 2 and that ended up being one of the first movies I have ever walked out of! :lol

Just stick with the man!! Larry Hama knows GI Joe. But, only wonder what is the limit of my involvement? GI Joe wasn't really about the ninjas. It had a lot to deal with honor, loyalty, family and brotherhood. You can't have Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow without the ninja. Also, played an important part of favorite characters such as Zartan and Firefly.

Last edited:
Ok, ok, ok so what I meant by Ninja Fights was fighting between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. WTF is all this ninja talk about it destroying the series?? Is there something I'm missing?? I didn't follow G.I. Joe after I was like 10, which was in 1992, until just recently again.

Ok, ok, ok so what I meant by Ninja Fights was fighting between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. WTF is all this ninja talk about it destroying the series?? Is there something I'm missing?? I didn't follow G.I. Joe after I was like 10, which was in 1992, until just recently again.

I am like that too. Ninjas didn't ruin GI Joe. The movie and the Cobra-La can take that blame. Ninja Force was made way after the decline of ARAH. No you aren't missing anything. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow better have a ninja fight. That is like having Zartan without his compound bow and no color change. Bring on the Hard Master and the Arashikage clan!:chew

the original movie and cobra la did nothing to the story, or series, ninja crap DID kill it before. have a look.
https://www.actiontoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=123&Category_Code=GINF.
It was during the ninja turtles era, and hasbro WAYYYY overdid the ninja thing.

Making maters worse, they did not even do a good job of it.

Ninja Zartan
NinjaForceZartanMOSC1a.jpg

Stephen Sommers is directing it? Well, there goes the franchise. :monkey2

Shame too, it had so much potential(Even moreso with Ray Park playing Snake Eyes).

Ninja force was made 1993. The height of GI Joe: ARAH line was from 1982-1986. There were a few popular figures that came after 1986 like Tunnel Rat and Shockwave but the most popular figures came before that. It was the comics and the filecards that made GI Joe special. The Cobra-La was sooo bad that Larry Hama refused to write them into the comics. So yes, the movie was soo bad that it was originally going to be a theatrical release but was moved straight to video.

the original movie and cobra la did nothing to the story, or series, ninja crap DID kill it before. have a look.
https://www.actiontoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=123&Category_Code=GINF.
It was during the ninja turtles era, and hasbro WAYYYY overdid the ninja thing.

Making maters worse, they did not even do a good job of it.

Ninja Zartan
NinjaForceZartanMOSC1a.jpg

With Sommers directing they really should have gone the Cobra-La route. I'm serious. The finale of the GI Joe movie is very similar to the climax of The Mummy Returns.

They both had bad guys thousands of years old trying to take over the world with several battles going on at once; including two chicks fighting and the main hero fighting someone that was a man from the waist up and creature from the waist down and all of it taking place in an ancient sanctuary divided by a large chasm.

With Sommers directing they really should have gone the Cobra-La route. I'm serious. The finale of the GI Joe movie is very similar to the climax of The Mummy Returns.

They both had bad guys thousands of years old trying to take over the world with several battles going on at once; including two chicks fighting and the main hero fighting someone that was a man from the waist up and creature from the waist down and all of it taking place in an ancient sanctuary divided by a large chasm.

I can see your point; but man, I would hate to see a live action Golobulus, Nemesis Enforcer, and Royal Guard. With Larry Hama as a consultant, I how he can keep the Cobra-La out of it. :D

From the USA Today article:

"He's the world's greatest ninja, but he's also next-generation. He's not afraid to use a sword one second, and a split-second later he's pulling out his Glock," says director Stephen Sommers

Glocks are cool but I hope they feature at least one scene where Snake Eyes picks up an Uzi.

Sommers stresses that the movie is an origins story, so his challenge is to explain why the bad guy wears a metal mask, why Snake Eyes doesn't talk and other strange things kids took for granted. "For people who know nothing about it, it'll make sense," Sommers says. "And to people who love this stuff, it'll show where they all came from."

I wonder which masked bad guy he's talking about, Cobra Commander or Destro...I'm assuming Destro but hopefully CC will have his silver mask as well. And at least it looks like Sommers gets that Snake Eyes isn't supposed to talk.

Fi-asssss-co! I'll still see it. :eek:

Maybe, but that's what people said about Transformers before it came out and I though it was pretty good until the robots started talking.

I will definitely be seeing it no matter what, mainly just to see Ray Park fight! They should get the Twins from the Matrix Reloaded for some fight stuff too!

This just in:

Latino Review reports that Brendan Fraser has filmed what sounds like a cameo as Gung Ho in G.I. Joe, while Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been offered the role of Shipwreck. The Stephen Sommers-directed action-adventure is now filming for an August 7, 2009 release.

Back