G.I. Joe Movie Update!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this will be a good movie or a fiasco?

• Good Movie

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Fiasco

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Doesn't matter. With all the fans, it will still make a ton of money.

Votes: 28 33.3%

• Total voters
There are so many far superior directors who make "silly but hella fun" movies that they could have chosen. Like John Woo. Imagine the speed boat chase at the end of Face/Off but with Devilfish and Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow battling it out. Instead of flying through a police boat Snake Eyes jumps his Devilfish, in slow motion of course, through an exploding Hydrofoil. Not that I'd ever want GI Joe to parrot other movie scenes shot for shot but just imagine that *kind* of action sequence.

I used to think Renny Harlin was an idiot hack but just the other day I watched The Long Kiss Goodnight for the first time in over 10 years. It was totally a blast! Woo, Harlin, Bay. All guys who can make movies about laughably ridiculous subject matter while somehow transcending the silliness with mind blowing action sequences, appropriately placed humor--and GOOD CASTING. GI Joe could have had such possibilities on the big screen. *sigh*

Back