Futurama returns!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey...did anyone else notice:

"Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes) and an upcoming feature film."

An upcoming feature film?? NICE.

I doubt it makes big money, but if they did come out with one for the big screen, I definitely would go opening night if any of my local theatres played it. Futurama on the big screen = major boner!

:yess:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/K-CuAvPgpyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/K-CuAvPgpyU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

So awesome! If you're on Facebook (like all the cool kids) they've been doing daily updates that usually show production art and what-not.

I'm completely stoked for the new season... would still prefer if it was on Cartoon Network (so bummed that King of the Hill is in their spot), but I'll take what I can get.

wait... new series? when was this announced?? I never knew anything about this! (although I'm still yet to see the 4th dvd movie thingy too... don't ask me how just never got around to it)

sooooo.... I wonder when the UK is getting this! (goes to the internet to find out)

either way... great news :)

wait... new series? when was this announced?? I never knew anything about this! (although I'm still yet to see the 4th dvd movie thingy too... don't ask me how just never got around to it)

sooooo.... I wonder when the UK is getting this! (goes to the internet to find out)

either way... great news :)

was announced ages ago
im in the UK and not worried bout waiting, I am sure someone will put it on the Internet

Not sure how I feel about the new Futurama. On one hand I love the series and constantly watch reruns, on the other hand im not sure that they can maintain the same quality.

Already the movies have shown a noticeable shift in humor to the more "bad pun" and "random moment" type of comedy that defined Family Guy and completely ruined The Simpsons when it tried to imitate it. If the same thing happens to Futurama that happened to The Simpsons, im not sure that il keep watching it.

I'd say the biggest issue with the movies were that they were too long. Futurama works great in the 22 minute format... stretching it to 90 just didn't work as well.

Still decent enough flicks, but I'm expecting the new show to own :rock

The new episodes are AWESOME. Seems like they didn't miss a step, picked up right where they left off in terms of brilliance!

I am so happy that Futurama is back on the air!! :woo :rock :yess:

I dunno... I enjoyed the first episode, but the second was kind of iffy. Still stoked to see this back, just not 100% convinced it will have the same vigor as the original episodes.

I dunno... I enjoyed the first episode, but the second was kind of iffy. Still stoked to see this back, just not 100% convinced it will have the same vigor as the original episodes.

With some of their asides, I felt like they were trying to take the show in a more Family Guy-esque direction. I'm willing to give this "rebirth" a fair shot though, and I certainly liked the episodes. They just felt different.

Back