Futurama returns!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it's like a koala crapping a rainbow in your brain...it is that much better.

Besides, your statement reeks of HD envy. :monkey3

Why would I envy HD? It's only the best thing EVER...so what that I just DON'T have it and have to listen to how great it is allll the time. Jealous? ME? No way! :monkey2

Such great news! I love Futurama... and even though I don't own them I've still seen every episode numerous times; great to have some new ones :rock

No, it's like a koala crapping a rainbow in your brain...it is that much better.

Besides, your statement reeks of HD envy. :monkey3
:lol:lol:lol

Nope, Batty had it right the first time. This is, indeed, "Good news, everyone!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1D1cap6yETA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1D1cap6yETA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Okay, there was one "great news" in there, but I think I made my point. :lol

Anyway, jokes and geekary aside, i can't wait to see what they come up with! 26 episodes?!? :google :banana
Great, good, who cares!? We're getting new Futurama!! :rock

I just hope the show is as good as it used to be and as good as the recent movies. I wonder what kind of changes will happen if any with the move to Comedy Central. Shows that are brought back are like pets burried in the Pet Cemetary...sometimes they come back tainted! :lol

Good news, everyone! Futurama is coming back as a regular series on Comedy Central.

Taking a page from the “Family Guy” resurrection guidebook, the canceled Fox animated comedy is returning with an order from Comedy Central for 26 new episodes.
Writers already are working on stories for the new batch of episodes from the sci-fi cartoon created by Matt Groening and David X. Cohen, which is slated to premiere on Comedy Central in mid-2010.

*faints*

:love

Such great news! I love Futurama... and even though I don't own them I've still seen every episode numerous times; great to have some new ones :rock

I OWN EVERY FUTURAMA SEASON ON DVD AND ALL THE MOVIES!!!

FIGURES, WIND UP TOYS... CALENDAR... COMICS, MY GOODNESS...

*^^^^s himself*

I can't wait to see the new ones, I actually enjoy this show more than the Simpsons.

A lot of people do. The characters are better developed. They change, and get older. Past episodes have meaning. They don't just reboot (save for Bender's Big Score concerning Fry and Leela) like they do in the Simpsons for the most part.

The animation is superior as well. The writing and humor is smarter and much tighter on this show vs. the Simpsons.

Also doesn't hurt that Futurama is a youngin vs. the Simpsons which has had a 20 year run. So Futurama still seems so fresh and new, while the Simpsons humor is tired and old. Simpsons was at its best within its first 10 seasons. Loved that show then as much as I love Futurama now. I just like that the characters evolve more in Futurama.

To be perfectly honest I think the show failed because it was too smart for most people.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Very true. Most people want slapstick silly comedy. If it's work, then they simply won't watch. Futurama makes you think more than the average comedy/sitcom. I will have people who go out of their way to avoid movies that are puzzlers simply because they don't want to think. You realize how difficult it was for me to find someone to go see the Zodiac Killer with me? lol Transformers 2, not-so-much. Everyone wants to see that!

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Very true. Most people want slapstick silly comedy. If it's work, then they simply won't watch. Futurama makes you think more than the average comedy/sitcom. I will have people who go out of their way to avoid movies that are puzzlers simply because they don't want to think. You realize how difficult it was for me to find someone to go see the Zodiac Killer with me? lol Transformers 2, not-so-much. Everyone wants to see that!

Yup. Take the Simpsons for example. While Simpsons (in the good years at least) had a lot of wit and intelligent humor it still had a very heavy slapstick aspect. Futurama boiled away a lot of the slapstick and relied more heavily on the intelligent humor and of course the ratings suffered as a result.

Its the same with anything though. The more a show makes you think, the less likely it is to survive. Unless it's CSI or Law and Order because people think watching those shows makes you smarter.....

The "The Complete Collection" is being released. Great packaging. And there's a SDCC exclusive too?

Comic Con Exclusive includes all four volumes of Futurama, as well as 4 feature-length adventures: Bender´s Big Score, The Beast With A Billion Backs, Bender´s Game, Into the Wild Green Yonder all contained in a limited edition collectible Bender Head with a numbered letter from Matt Groening and David X. Cohen.

Back