Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removing the polycarbonate tube is a little more tedious than the other sabers cuz you need to remove the emitter shroud and then unscrew the inner cap. But its not terribly difficult.

I've attached a two quick iphone pics of my two fx sabers.

5834970591_eeee153300_z.jpg

5834973181_01f0e3b38a_z.jpg

Wait, what's that Jedi Luke?

Oops my bad...Its not a force fx..its a custom ROTJ hilt that I commissioned. It's a new toy as well hehe got it last week.

I can post pics if u guys are interested.

5845594644_af9089258f_b.jpg

5845039605_b8413b6064_z.jpg

Pardon the iphone quality pics. A bit busy lately...didn't have time to take out the canon.

Last edited:
It was a joint project by LDM customs and orbital machining (two highly respected hobbyists in the lightsaber community).

The MR/hasbro Luke rotj saber had a neck that was too inaccurate for my liking so I decided to go custom.

Out of all the custom hero lukes i have seen, this particular saber is in my opinion the most well done. There was another saber done by a Japanese hobbyist and it is on par with this one but it was a one of a kind piece that was never sold.

Its pretty cool to have a piece that is not only a display piece but also has all the bells and whistles of an fx saber.

I used to have some of the limited edition MR hilts (before i sold them off) and visitors always ask whether they work...now when they ask me, i can tell them its not just a paper weight haha.

@Solomonic knight: those mauls look great! How is the electronics? Is it a hasbro? I have been eyeing the mauls but might wait a while till i sell off some more stuff cuz that piece will take up so much space!

@Solomonic knight: those mauls look great! How is the electronics? Is it a hasbro? I have been eyeing the mauls but might wait a while till i sell off some more stuff cuz that piece will take up so much space!

I got the original MR Maul FX and it's simply amazing! It's too big to display as one saber though!

Its the Hasbro run of the Force FX Sabers. There seems to be no issues with electronics so far. Its nearly 7 feet fully put together. This was simply too much to pass on for the price I paid :hi5:

I got the original MR Maul FX and it's simply amazing! It's too big to display as one saber though!

Whats the difference in the Hasbro and the original FX's?

anyone looking to buy an old school MR Luke ROTJ FX (the one that takes 6 AAs), or a MR Obi ROTS FX?

@Solomonic knight: The colour of the metal on the MR maul hilt is uniformed, whereas on the hasbro version, the emitter (section of the hilt closests to the polycarbonate tube) has a lighter more plasticy colour than the rest of the hilt. Thats what I heard... Can't confirm it since i don't own either of them.

@Willocrew

Just checked out the hilt of the sabers, the emitter part looks to be uniform with the rest of the hilt. Will check under better lighting but mine is the hasbro for sure. And yes the blades on mine are removable which is nice. Electronics are good, makes all the noises properly including when two of the blades hit each other ( only tried this lightly as didn't want to break them) and they light up nicely. Saw some pics online where they looked horrible litup

Back