Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched one end on ebay UK, finished for £350, was very tempted! A little too high though really, I searched completed listings and saw some that have ended cheaper. Hope to luck out one one :D

Saw another one end for £380. Guess I will have to pay that one day but not right now.

Think I will go with the Luke ANH by hasbro with the removable blade. Can get it brand new from an online seller. Plus I love that hilt.

Also just a heads up play.com have some of these for £89 each, Jedi Luke, EBS Vader, battle damaged Maul and Anakin ROTS!

I just need to get Anakin, couple of Ventress, Dooku, TPM Obi and Fisto. Too bad, Hasbro won't be releasing new FX except for those plastic kiddie ones only now on. Hope EFX buy the FX line and do something good with it.

i think the dooku fx is just as hard to find now as the TPM obi. i got lucky and picked dooku up last fall for 125

I have all of the MR ones and the Hasbro ventress & dooku.

I didn't even know kit fisto was out. what's a good price for him?

I am looking for a cool lightsaber for my collection but I am a bit confused about the different types and manufacturers. Should I look for an old MR LS or are the new Hasbro FX LS a good alternative?

the technology and fabrication of a MR or Hasbro Force FX is the same thing. Even the packaging is 99% identical. The only question is if you want to split hairs over the collector's value due to the name on the box.

I am looking for a cool lightsaber for my collection but I am a bit confused about the different types and manufacturers. Should I look for an old MR LS or are the new Hasbro FX LS a good alternative?

The new hasbros have really accurate hilts. For example, both the. Ep iv vader and Luke fx sabers are very very close to the non-functional replicas in terms of dimensions particularly the width.

The old MR fx epiv vader is supposedly noticeably thicker because of the electronics but somehow hasbro managed to shrink it down a bit with the new ones.

The only downside to the new hasbro fxs is that their blades when lit and the volume of the sound effects are not as impressive as the old MRs.

There u have it..in a nutshell.

But needless to say, if you decide to go custom, most of the options Available will blow the off the shelf stuff away.

5845039605_b8413b6064.jpg

Thanks for your feedback guys. Seems that I can't to sth. wrong with the hasbro lightsabers.

The only downside to the new hasbro fxs is that their blades when lit and the volume of the sound effects are not as impressive as the old MRs.

The reason for this is because the new FXs use AAA instead of AA which provides more power.

hey guys,
I have some of the old MR fx sabers that im thinking of selling.

Trying to get and idea of price i could get for -

Maul dbl blade saber
Mace windu
Anakin
Obi wan. i got it modded to be removable but they put a green on instead of a blue

Cheers :)

The new hasbros have really accurate hilts. For example, both the. Ep iv vader and Luke fx sabers are very very close to the non-functional replicas in terms of dimensions particularly the width.

The old MR fx epiv vader is supposedly noticeably thicker because of the electronics but somehow hasbro managed to shrink it down a bit with the new ones.

There u have it..in a nutshell.

But needless to say, if you decide to go custom, most of the options Available will blow the off the shelf stuff away.

5845039605_b8413b6064.jpg

Is this green lightsaber a custom? I know some FX sabers lack the thin accurate neck.

On amazon are some lightsabers from "Universal Trends". Is this a mistake or a third manufacturer for LS besides MR and Hasbro?

Is this green lightsaber a custom? I know some FX sabers lack the thin accurate neck.

Yep. It's a custom made rotj hero Luke.

The little black thing at the "pommel" of the hilt is the kill key to cut the circuit when the saber is not in use.

When it is inserted, the saber is completely dead..but when u remove it the saber goes into sleep mode so it'll ignite with all the electronic bells and whistles when you press one of the buttons.

Here's another pic of the custom rotj Luke with a hasbro vader anh.:)

The hasbro/mr rotj Luke and obi wans have a fat neck...

5834973181_01f0e3b38a.jpg

star-wars-master-replicas-luke-skywalker-green-episode-vi-fx-lightsaber-rare-sealed-in-original-shipping-carton_2728_500.jpg

Last edited:
The reason for this is because the new FXs use AAA instead of AA which provides more power.

Good spot. I forgot about MR's AA battery configurations.

But I really don't mind the lower output...if it bugs me too much I can always send it in to one of the customisers to get it fitted with a single high powered LED powered with a lithium battery.

Is it a Saber Forge saber?

They look great, but are UBER expensive.

I've gotten several from Ultrasabers, which have improved over time, but they do not really do replica sabers, either.

That's REALLY nice. Who built that for you?

I got it from a great guy who goes by the handle LDM (or general grievous on the FX forums). He was the one who did the installation of all the electronics for my particular saber.

This saber is actually the result of a joint project undertaken by LDM and a few others in the saber community and they call it the MKVI project.

You can read more about it here. https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30075.0

Is it a Saber Forge saber?

They look great, but are UBER expensive.

I've gotten several from Ultrasabers, which have improved over time, but they do not really do replica sabers, either.

The saberforge prodigal son (Saberforge's version of the hero luke) doesn't' look that good imo.
And the internal electronics he uses aren't very good. Probably about hasbro/master replicas quality.

The difference between the hasbro/MR electronics and one of the more expensive custom ones are like night and day. With the good ones, when you play around with the saber, the motion detection is flawless and really quite fun. The hasbro/MRs are a little hit and miss at times.

The MKVI is the saber in the middle of the first picture.
The saberforge is in the second picture.

102_4816.jpg

IMG_0996-1.jpg

Last edited:
Any truth to the rumors of Hasbro doing a Starkiller FX lightsaber from the
Force Unleashed II ?

Back