Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a ROTJ Luke 1:1 saber for display.

The obvious choice would be the "Reveal" saber but that will cost well over $1000 which I cannot afford.

What are good alternatives for a display only one? Doesn't necessarily have to have lights a blade or a soundboard, just want to see what options are out there and what looks best

The obvious choice would be the "Reveal" saber but that will cost well over $1000 which I cannot afford.

What are good alternatives for a display only one? Doesn't necessarily have to have lights a blade or a soundboard, just want to see what options are out there and what looks best

Sorry for the bump, just hoping to get some insight

Maybe this has been brought up already but is there a way to hang/display these on a wall?
I know people have done it but how?
What sort of fasteners do you use?
Can some one post a link on how to do it or what page it's on?
Any help would be great!

Sorry for the bump!

Today I discovered that my Anakin Fx lightsaber's rubber grips are deteriorating. You know, when the rubber gets sticky and tacky. Has that happened with anyone else's?

I keep mine in a closed cabinet (just the hilt), so I really don't know when it would have started breaking down. I've had it for almost 10 years now--got it around Christmas time in 2010--and it's been in the same cabinet ever since. I *think* perhaps I may have handled it maybe a little less than a year ago when I was moving things around in there, and I certainly didn't notice anything then. I also have 3 of those .45 scale lightsabers too, sitting right next to it in the same cabinet, and those are all fine.

So, anyone else have that problem? Any solutions or fixes?

Check Korbanth sabers.
All my sabers come from them. They are beautiful and accurate for static display. Even if you can convert it to FX.

Sorry for the bump!

Today I discovered that my Anakin Fx lightsaber's rubber grips are deteriorating. You know, when the rubber gets sticky and tacky. Has that happened with anyone else's?

I keep mine in a closed cabinet (just the hilt), so I really don't know when it would have started breaking down. I've had it for almost 10 years now--got it around Christmas time in 2010--and it's been in the same cabinet ever since. I *think* perhaps I may have handled it maybe a little less than a year ago when I was moving things around in there, and I certainly didn't notice anything then. I also have 3 of those .45 scale lightsabers too, sitting right next to it in the same cabinet, and those are all fine.

So, anyone else have that problem? Any solutions or fixes?

It's a known issue with Master Replicas Force FX as well as MR Limited Edition lightsabers with rubbery grips/t-tracks. Unlike, for example the MR Stormtrooper e-11 blaster, that comes with ABS t-tracks, most of the sabers come with ABS t-tracks covered in a rubber coating, which is decaying and rotting. You need to get rubbing alcohol, and clean and remove all that top rubber, until you remain only with the ABS beneath. I did this on my MR Force FX ANH and ESB Vader sabers, I used alcohol and also a bit of sticker removal fluid from Powerfix/Baufix

It's a known issue with Master Replicas Force FX as well as MR Limited Edition lightsabers with rubbery grips/t-tracks. Unlike, for example the MR Stormtrooper e-11 blaster, that comes with ABS t-tracks, most of the sabers come with ABS t-tracks covered in a rubber coating, which is decaying and rotting. You need to get rubbing alcohol, and clean and remove all that top rubber, until you remain only with the ABS beneath. I did this on my MR Force FX ANH and ESB Vader sabers, I used alcohol and also a bit of sticker removal fluid from Powerfix/Baufix

Awesome! Thanks so much, jkno! Great info and advice on those t-tracks! And good to know I'm not alone in this too! :duff

Back