First True to Scale Diorama for Ikea Besta or stand alone! Episode 4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joost I did not indicate in my deposit note about the size. I would like the larger 47cm version for the Tantive IV. Sorry.

Could I ask you to send that to me in an email so I have a record of that? Thanks

Looks pretty incredible, Joost! Hope you're also going to eventually get around to a walk though that includes the 80cm total depth extension as well!

I assume the extension will be designed to lock in seamlessly with the 47cm? The original pics (at least to my eye) look like you just kinda placed the extension walls up next to the base unit to show off the look, so just wanted to make sure. Keep up the great work!

Can't believe it !! This is as big as the one from Hot Toys in Seoul !!!

(check video at 3:15 mark)

Thanks Joost !! Such an epic display. Now I just need to work out how to display it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1wqrgKPGVg

That's the problem I am having. Looking for a display or bookcase that will do this diorama justice. It's a museum quality piece and requires something worthy.

That's the problem I am having. Looking for a display or bookcase that will do this diorama justice. It's a museum quality piece and requires something worthy.

Yes, if anyone has ideas on what their plans are for display (other than Ikea cupboards) I'd be interested in hearing it.

Looks pretty incredible, Joost! Hope you're also going to eventually get around to a walk though that includes the 80cm total depth extension as well!

I assume the extension will be designed to lock in seamlessly with the 47cm? The original pics (at least to my eye) look like you just kinda placed the extension walls up next to the base unit to show off the look, so just wanted to make sure. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Actually, if you buy the extension kit, you will get a set of columns that is cut on both sides so you can just slide the extension kit in. When we get to unbox the final production version, I will make another video.

Oh I have something for those extension columns. :lol

Need to start to RIT these cloths, while they are faithful to the designs the colors are bad. These guys will not be the detractor in this grail. :yess: Cannot fathom how good this kit looks in person.:clap 'Bout to find out though. The love and care placed into these dios is extraordinary.

w6RzFUO.jpg

Need to start to RIT these cloths, while they are faithful to the designs the colors are bad. These guys will not be the detractor in this grail. :yess: Cannot fathom how good this kit looks in person.:clap 'Bout to find out though. The love and care placed into these dios is extraordinary.

View attachment 352084

Nice did you buy those aftermarket or have you been holding on to all those? I don't have any fleet troops. Personally I can't decide between adding just RO Vader solo or also adding a couple ANH Stormies.

Luckily I've been cobbling them together, if I recall correctly I grabbed two fleet troopers on bonanza.com about a year ago for $58 a piece, the other two got for less than $100 each on eBay. Crazy the rebel troops are $200+ now.

View attachment 352084

Great score! I can't wait to see your setup!

Thanks for your clarification, Joost! As you can see, I'm all about the full 80cm "Dream" TruScale. Let me press you on one final item. What do you have planned for the outside walls for the extension? Will it be something that looks as neat and as seamless as the 47cm version in your 360° video?

Soon I'll be able to stop harassing you and start sending you my money!

Thanks for your clarification, Joost! As you can see, I'm all about the full 80cm "Dream" TruScale. Let me press you on one final item. What do you have planned for the outside walls for the extension? Will it be something that looks as neat and as seamless as the 47cm version in your 360° video?

Soon I'll be able to stop harassing you and start sending you my money!

I discussed this last night and for those who order both the regular (47cm) version and the extension (37cm) together, we will send out custom outside panels, so there will be no seam. We will have to make or order special shipping boxes for this size, so the extension kit might be a one time thing, because it's more trouble than it's worth, but for this one, we will go all the way and do it right

Wait.... Are you now trying to tell me that the red markings at the top of the door panel will also be illuminated with LEDs on the TrueScale dio! :thud:

Can't wait for the Besta stuff. The carbon freezing chamber would be amazing!

Do you think you'll ever do any ST dioramas? Perhaps a first order Star Destroyer? We might have to wait until TLJ to see if any specific settings stand out.

Keep up the great work!

Did ikea ever re-release those glass doors for the Besta? When shopping for cabinets a couple years ago they were "discontinued."

Did ikea ever re-release those glass doors for the Besta? When shopping for cabinets a couple years ago they were "discontinued."

Tombo doors I think they were called, and much to the dismay of many I don't think that they ever returned :(

Back