WIP: 1/6 TruScale Bespin Gantry I AM YOUR FATHER DIORAMA ENVIRONMENT for BESTA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to research how they made the reactor shaft background bit am coming up empty. Anyone have solid info? It could be projected from behind a screen. Sometimes its a mixof matte painting and composited live action.

I've been trying to research how they made the reactor shaft background bit am coming up empty. Anyone have solid info? It could be projected from behind a screen. Sometimes its a mixof matte painting and composited live action.

It looks like it was part of the set.

201411100000970.jpg

Empire-Strikes-Back-Set.jpg

Maybe with the angle of this shot in the film they had to use some type of matte painting extension, but I'm not sure.

Aimee-Spinks-Photography-Blog-Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-George-Whitear-film-stills.jpg

It could just be a matte painting projected from behind a curved screen since i dont see any shadows. There are quite a few pictures of this set that show the whole background. I think you see this same screen when luke is forced out of the window.

To recreate this in 1/6th, I've been wondering if taking white plastic and applying a decal of this background, then lighting it from behind would work? You may need 2 sheets of white plastic if you want LED lighting, 1 would be for the decal, the other would be behind that sheet to diffuse the lighting more evenly, (the LED strips would be stuck to the back of the decal wall side), you could make it a little more complicated and try to line up strips of LED with the red lights in the backdrop but i think that may be overkill, that would make a wall mounted setup a little harder though.

Wat will the dimensions of the Ultimate diorama be? (Apologies if I've missed this in the thread).
This is the 1/6th scale diorama I have been waiting for! Great work Jazz envisioning this!

Wat will the dimensions of the Ultimate diorama be? (Apologies if I've missed this in the thread).
This is the 1/6th scale diorama I have been waiting for! Great work Jazz envisioning this!

It will be around 42 to 44 inches long, and at least 15 inches wide.. Height to be determined

Very interested in ordering one. Can I get one without a numbered plate? No offense but to me that would distract.

The plate is a separate piece. Can leave it off the diorama. But if you don't want one at all I'm sure Joost can just leave it out of the box.

The plates are just a fun way of showing the limited nature of these great dioramas.

I asked Joost about this last week. He said it is still prototyping and they are trying to include as much detail as the budget allows. it will be a late Q4 release at this stage. Hope this helps.

I asked Joost about this last week. He said it is still prototyping and they are trying to include as much detail as the budget allows. it will be a late Q4 release at this stage. Hope this helps.

Thanks momaw that is correct.

looks awesome. Gotta plan a trip to Ikea to pick up a few Besta elements or else i'll be unable to display this baby when it lands.

Back