WIP: 1/6 TruScale Bespin Gantry I AM YOUR FATHER DIORAMA ENVIRONMENT for BESTA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, both are right. Most of our truscales are true to exact 1/6 scale (like the Tantive dioramas, the falcon, the land speeder, this one) but some like the emperor throne room would be too large to make or ship in 1/6 scale, even just the window, so there we play with the size to make it look right.

In this case it is true 1/6 scale. The Ultimate version of this will just have the extension added. So the standard truscale is the platform where Luke and Vader fight and the ultimate version will be this platform and the extension Luke crawls on to right before he drops.

We have just finished the 2nd rough prototype, with some very solid pieces of aluminium (the floor is solid 6mm thick aluminium) and based on the feedback from the community, we have made it wall mountable!! So no display space needed, but you can still put it in an Ikea Stuva.

We've also added a few more details. the railing has also been upgraded to aluminium posts and we will try to add real lights and finally, we will also add a second set of chopped off poles.

Looks spectacular, Jazz.

Just to clarify again, is either version of this diorama a true 1/6 depiction of the set from ESB? The oval-shaped platform area seems smaller than I remember, yet the beam/tower part Luke crawls out on seems closer to the correct scale.

Just trying to figure out if this has been "fudged" scale-wise to make it a manageable size (like what Kenner/Hasbro did with most vehicles/playsets where certain parts or everything are scaled down, e.g. so a 3 3/4" scaled BMF Falcon would be a "seems correct" 2'-6" in diamater, not the "is correct" 4',) or if it's a literal recreation of a portion of the ESB set in 1/6 scale.

Looks fantastic. Well done. :)

Thank you sir!

Like I said in my email. It's a work of art. I think I'm gonna nab one of these for sure!

Wonderful! I look forward to working with you! We can use all the support we can get!

Looks spectacular, Jazz.

Just to clarify again, is either version of this diorama a true 1/6 depiction of the set from ESB? The oval-shaped platform area seems smaller than I remember, yet the beam/tower part Luke crawls out on seems closer to the correct scale.

Just trying to figure out if this has been "fudged" scale-wise to make it a manageable size (like what Kenner/Hasbro did with most vehicles/playsets where certain parts or everything are scaled down, e.g. so a 3 3/4" scaled BMF Falcon would be a "seems correct" 2'-6" in diamater, not the "is correct" 4',) or if it's a literal recreation of a portion of the ESB set in 1/6 scale.

We did have to do some slight fudging on both the get it within budget and make it fit in most available display spaces. If we went completely true to scale the Ultimate set wouldn't have been possible and as is, I get a lot of feedback that people love it but don't have the room

8db4071e24d18b95a4b7cb89e00f74f2.jpg

Back