First True to Scale Diorama for Ikea Besta or stand alone! Episode 4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not add a junction unit to connect the TruScale Steroid - DX to the full scale Service corridor, and then I can just sell my blood to research and send that AND my entire paycheck directly to Denmark..?

Why not add a junction unit to connect the TruScale Steroid - DX to the full scale Service corridor, and then I can just sell my blood to research and send that AND my entire paycheck directly to Denmark..?

Ha ha Ha ha ha! Great idea, except for the fact that I live in the Netherlands, not Denmark, but I forgive that minor detail because of the excellence of the rest of the idea

Ha! I just went through our correspondence over the past months to verify the Denmark/Netherlands locale and was hoping I'd have the chance to correct this before you responded! Oh, well. Denmark, Netherlands, my family is from Sweden. We'll call it one big happy regional family. The difference being I'll be the only one of us living in a TruScale shipping box with no blood (but a great 1/6 display!).

Ha! I just went through our correspondence over the past months to verify the Denmark/Netherlands locale and was hoping I'd have the chance to correct this before you responded! Oh, well. Denmark, Netherlands, my family is from Sweden. We'll call it one big happy regional family. The difference being I'll be the only one of us living in a TruScale shipping box with no blood (but a great 1/6 display!).

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] what a great and utterly dramatic visual

You guys are lucky I'm not Jazz...I'd keep these all for myself and turn my entire house into wall to wall Tantives and Death Stars...hmm, I probably shouldn't give him any ideas!

Oh boy...will definitely get the extension kit! Jazz should I email you or are we good?

Qui Gon, can you move your box slightly to the left so I can fit mine here on the curb as well?

Oh boy...will definitely get the extension kit! Jazz should I email you or are we good?

Qui Gon, can you move your box slightly to the left so I can fit mine here on the curb as well?

Anything to accommodate a fellow mate with the same mental issues with which I am stricken!

We should probably form a poor man's commune. Something tells me there is going to be a good sized shanty town made from large shipping boxes with Netherlandic postage marks lining the streets come August. I'll save you a prime spot!

Joost - this looks absolutely gorgeous! The work you and your dad do is beyond belief and I have an empty Besta that is nearly as anxious as I am! Your dioramas have almost made my collection look socially acceptable... but then when I'm asked to explain to people who 4-LOM is, how much screen time he had, and how much the figure cost, I'm back at square one.:lol If you eventually make the Bounty Hunter Row I might be in business, but for now I can't wait for Tantive IV entryway!

*hahaha* please send another $100 downpayment to offset some of the materials preorder

Hey Joost. Trying to decide what depth to get. Can you show a comparison pic of the 37cm and 47cm walls please.

If you have the space, definitely go for 47 cm. More impressive. I'll try to take pictures of 37 cm tonight

Joost - this looks absolutely gorgeous! The work you and your dad do is beyond belief and I have an empty Besta that is nearly as anxious as I am! Your dioramas have almost made my collection look socially acceptable... but then when I'm asked to explain to people who 4-LOM is, how much screen time he had, and how much the figure cost, I'm back at square one.:lol If you eventually make the Bounty Hunter Row I might be in business, but for now I can't wait for Tantive IV entryway!

*hahaha* well bounty hunters row is on the list to tackle

Got it Ant Thanks!
Fantastic. I've been locked out of PayPal all day so could not check.
So I have a question for you, what would be your dream 1/6 true scale dio to either make for yourself or for the public.

Hi Joost. Sent you $100 deposit for Emporer Throne Room Truescale plus $30 for Tantive IV service corridor upgrade kit. Can you let me know you received paypal. Cheers Neil.

Fantastic. I've been locked out of PayPal all day so could not check.
So I have a question for you, what would be your dream 1/6 true scale dio to either make for yourself or for the public.

That is an excellent question. I must say this one, and my very large ultimate death Star come very close to that description. On the other hand, I cannot wait to see my ideas for the carbon freezing chamber, meditation pod and maybe a star destroyer bridge come to life. That's what keeps me going. I just really want to see and own all of them. You see, offering these to the community is just a wonderful bonus to be able to share, but mostly I just want to see my best youth memories about Star Wars come to life

Hi Joost. Sent you $100 deposit for Emporer Throne Room Truescale plus $30 for Tantive IV service corridor upgrade kit. Can you let me know you received paypal. Cheers Neil.

Yes, I got it, you are down for both! Did I not confirm that through email? If so, I am sorry, it has been absolutely crazy with this latest diorama in the last few days. You can always email me directly if you have a question.

That is an excellent question. I must say this one, and my very large ultimate death Star come very close to that description. On the other hand, I cannot wait to see my ideas for the carbon freezing chamber, meditation pod and maybe a star destroyer bridge come to life. That's what keeps me going. I just really want to see and own all of them. You see, offering these to the community is just a wonderful bonus to be able to share, but mostly I just want to see my best youth memories about Star Wars come to life

Yes, I got it, you are down for both! Did I not confirm that through email? If so, I am sorry, it has been absolutely crazy with this latest diorama in the last few days. You can always email me directly if you have a question.
Ok a Star Destroyer bridge would be ace! I think you need one of these in your collection ASAP.
So what other items do you make as I guess the diorama thing is a hobby/ side project?? You appear to have some great laser cutting tools.

Ok a Star Destroyer bridge would be ace! I think you need one of these in your collection ASAP.
So what other items do you make as I guess the diorama thing is a hobby/ side project?? You appear to have some great laser cutting tools.

This is definitely a hobby project spun out of control. I have a friend who has a CNC and laser company. I rent time on his machines in the down times (evenings and weekends)

Well I hope it keeps spinning out of control for us all! Have a good weekend

Great new video Jazz! The ceiling looks amazing. Loved the groovy SW track! That did make me laugh.

Back