Fargo (on FX)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice that Fargo takes place in different years/decades. I would like to see early 1900 or late 1800's for a future season. Just for the heck of it, you know...:wink1:

They referenced a prohibition era incident a few episodes ago -- a cop made an offhand comment when they were about to interrogate Floyd about the ambush of the KC mob on that hunting trip.

I wondered if that might be Ssn 3.

SnakeDoc

My top show of 2015.

Would love a Hanzee and Mike Milligan figure.

I really loved Dunsts' performance too. Though everyone did a superb job.

‘Fargo’ Season 3 To Premiere In 2017, With New Cast and Setting

Showrunner Noah Hawley doesn’t expect Season 3 of the acclaimed “Fargo” to be ready before 2017.

He revealed that and a few other details about his plans for the third season during a postmortem conference call for the second season of the FX drama.

“The reality is you won’t see it in 2016,” Hawley said. “It’s a winter show for better or worse. There is not time to shoot another year before this winter is over.”

Hawley also wants to ensure as much of the third season is written before shooting begins. “It’s also very important to me and the other producers that we separate the writing from production. We take our time and break the whole story, write eight of the 10 hours at least and we end up knowing exactly what we’re doing and exactly what the whole story is. We’re going through the writing process now. I’ve written the first hour, we’re about halfway through breaking the season. We’ll be writing over the next few months with the idea we’ll go into production, much like our first year, in November and be back on the air in spring of 2017.”

Despite the success, FX has shown patience with the unique demands of its anthology format. There was a year and a half gap between the premieres of Season 1 and 2. “One of the great joys of working with FX is the idea that we’re making these 10 hour movies and there’s going to be some kind of event quality to them. We can take our time and get them right and put them on the air, whether that’s 12 months or 15 months or 18 months after the last one. I think that really makes it an event. I think the minute you’re hitting the same airdate every year you’re just making a television show.”

The third season will be set in 2010, four years after Season 1, but will not include any of the first season regulars as primary players in the action. “That’s not to say that one of our stories might not intersect with characters we’ve seen before for a certain period of time,” Hawley allowed.

As fans of the first season noted, the second season ends with Zahn McClarnon’s Hanzee assuming the new identity of Moses Tripoli. Tripoli was the mob boss who employed Sam Hess, the bully who pestered Martin Freeman’s Lester Nygaard in Season 1 that helped set off that chain of bloody events. Tripoli also had two henchmen, Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers one who is hearing impaired just like one of the boys playing in the field the last time we see Hanzee at the end of Season 2.

Hawley said the writers decided to add this twist “as we were breaking the second half of the season.”

“There’s always a kind of gut check with these things. Are we being clever just to be clever or is there a really compelling character reason to add a twist like that in the end? The idea is that we will connect each story to the other stories in the canon, including the film. I think the idea with the Mr. Tripoli evolution was I like the idea that Hanzee emerges from this story as a winner, on some level, and this is really an origin story for him as much as it is an origin story for Molly, who’s six years old.”

As for what happened to Allan Dobrescu’s Charlie, the last surviving member of the Gerhardt family whose fate is not resolved onscreen, Hawley said “he served about four years in prison and got out as the sole surviving Gerhardt and had to make a life for himself. On a lot of levels, he’s left behind as the last man standing of the Gerhardt family. I’m sure he took a long hard look at himself and the fact that his nature, which was much more gentle, was in such conflict with his upbringing. If he’s out there, I’d love to get a letter from him someday.”

That said, Hawley said Season 3 is “more contemporary story and that’s exciting.”

“Our first year was set in 2006, but we didn’t really deal with what it’s like to be in that region in a more contemporary world. I like the idea that we’re now living in a very selfie-oriented culture people photograph what they’re eating and put it up for other people to see it feels like a social dynamic that is very antithetical to the Lutheran pragmatism of the region. So much of our crime stories are based around the difficulty people have expressing themselves and communicating.”

Hawley warned against looking for clues to the focus of Season 3 within the second season. (And that reference to events in Rapid City won’t come into play, but may form the seed of a future season.)

“We didn’t really do what we did in our first year. We didn’t tee up Season 3 within the body of Season 2. I think it’s very exciting to now think once more, ‘What else can you do with “Fargo”?’

“In the third year the question becomes, structurally and stylistically: What’s left to say? What do we do that feels similar, but different so we’re not repeating ourselves? We’re always looking for connections and things that fit into the larger body of work we’re building, hopefully without ever seeming twee or precious or too clever by far.”

Following the success of “Fargo,” which won three Emmys for its first season and recently earned three Golden Globe nominations for its second, Hawley has been in high demand. He recently signed a production deal with FX which includes overseeing the Marvel sci-fi series “Legion” and a miniseries adaptation of Vonnegut’s “Cat’s Cradle.” He expects “Legion” to go into production in March for a 2016 premiere, and plans to begin working on the script for “Cat’s Cradle” in his “spare time.”

That was a fantastic episode, though. I sort of love how Mike Milligan's whole story arc can basically be summed up as an allegory for how cutthroat it is in corporate America.:lol Also, part of me wonders if Ted Danson's "language" might not have been what drew the visitors here. Lastly, I loved the way they opened it up, where the future we saw in Season 1 could've never come to pass.

Finally had a chance to watch the finale last night. Loved the first season, but I liked season 2 better.

I'm torn on the final episode. Was happy that both Hank and Betsy survived their respective ordeals. Since they both weren’t in season 1, I think it’s safe to say they both pass before or by the time Molly becomes a police officer. Regardless, it’s nice to know that Molly got to spend more time with her mother and grandfather and Lou his wife and father-in-law. Interesting that in Betsy’s dream of the future that she wasn’t in it.

Love how Peggy’s hallucination tied into the movie she watched in the cabin.

Also liked how Ben Schmidt manned up during the Sioux Falls incident, especially after how Lou called him a “***** cop” earlier in the season.

I agree, I liked Mike Milligan's arc as well. He wanted more than being relegated to middle management.

However, I initially felt the episode was anticlimactic in a way. Was psyched to see a final showdown between Hanzee and Lou (and Schmidt after he showed up). A little disappointed that it didn’t go down, but after thinking about it and digesting the episode, I guess. Reminded me of “No Country for Old Men” where I highly anticipated a final showdown between Josh Brolin’s character (can’t remember the name right now) and Anton Chigure, and it never happened.

great season, final episode was a bit of a let down but I can see why they left it that way.....Poor Mike to be left sitting in a small office, not what he was hoping for that's for sure.

Pretty Disappointed this didn't grab anything at the golden globes. Kirsten dunst should have won over lady gaga for sure. Funny thing is when American horror first started I loved it and now I can't even make it through an episode. But this season of Fargo has been the best tv I think I've ever watched. I've been jamming to the soundtrack since it ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great season, final episode was a bit of a let down but I can see why they left it that way.....Poor Mike to be left sitting in a small office, not what he was hoping for that's for sure.

Mikes fate was probably one of my favorite things about the finale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to bump the thread and express my love for season 2! I finally got around to watching it and was blown away! I enjoyed season 1 a lot, but this one felt like it surpassed it! I think part of it was being able to binge watch it as opposed to watching it weekly as it aired, like I did season 1. It’s great to be able to watch the show as one entire movie, even though every episode was like a mini movie with something fantastic happening in each! I’m going to have to re-watch season 1.

this last season was great, but I really thing the first season was better if not for billy bob, he was the most amazing nut job. he made the first season imo.

First episode sure was sweet oh you betcha. Ewan is just great as two characters don't you know. Plus you can't go wrong with Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a bathtub oh jeez.

Yep' very good episode.Ewan is killin' it in both parts.Both brothers are so sleazy.But Mary Elizabeth Winstead stole the show.She is so damn smart in this.And her back side is not bad.The Air con was genius and looked so real.SPLAT!

Funny it's set in Minnesota but the service station he stopped at to use the phonebook is a UFA station and that's located in Alberta Canada...lol. pretty big goof there.

Loving this season so far Ewan is doing a great job playing both roles. Who's next to drink from the Golden cup ???:lol

Back