Fargo (on FX)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess season one was a fluke and they really caught lightning in a bottle.

Season two was an absolute mess.

Season three is better than two so far, but has a lot of the same problems. The main one being that I don't care about any of these people. The latest episode I thought they finally had some balls and did something to really move the story along: having Mary Winstead's character get brutally beaten to death off camera. Really would shake things up and it also shows that actions have consequences.

Nope. She was fine. She just just gets up and drives away, all her makeup still perfect. Complete cop out.

I liked Season 2 better than I've liked 3 so far. Can't quite figure where they're going with this one. Not sure why the weird focus on bodily functions this time around, either. I'm interested enough to stick with it ... but it seems a bit off this season. They still haven't connected anything back to the opening scene of the season -- the East Germany thing -- as far as I'm aware.

SnakeDoc

That bloody teeth close up almost made me hurl.

I had to immediately fast forward. I don't like excessive gore, and any kind of teeth injury/grossness makes me gag, so this was pretty much the very last thing I ever wanted to see. Why the hell include that scene? It was utterly repulsive and had no relevance to the story.

That bloody teeth close up almost made me hurl.

I had to immediately fast forward. I don't like excessive gore, and any kind of teeth injury/grossness makes me gag, so this was pretty much the very last thing I ever wanted to see. Why the hell include that scene? It was utterly repulsive and had no relevance to the story.

The guy is a binge/purger, stomach acid does hell to their teeth. It just adds to the vileness of the character.
I've been enjoying every season of Fargo so far, I hope we get a few more great seasons!

enjoying this season so far, much less action packed though compared to the first 2 seasons. Season 2 I still the best example of perfect tv.

Spoilers for this week's episode....

It ends on a cliffhanger with poor, defenseless Nikki in mortal peril.

But she already survived a beating that should have killed her last week. Why would the viewer believe she's in any danger at all? Just like Kirsten Dunst's horribly obnoxious character last year. The bad guys had several opportunities to kill her and she always miraculously escaped.

The scenes at the police station were dumb. The old "jaded cop telling the other cop they're full of crap and not believe a word they say despite piles of evidence" trope was already played out 25 years ago in Die Hard 2.

And our hero Lady Cop was an incompetent bumbling fool unable to apprehend a suspect she had her gun drawn on.

This is not a good show.

I liked Season 2 better than I've liked 3 so far. Can't quite figure where they're going with this one. Not sure why the weird focus on bodily functions this time around, either. I'm interested enough to stick with it ... but it seems a bit off this season. They still haven't connected anything back to the opening scene of the season -- the East Germany thing -- as far as I'm aware.

SnakeDoc

I think this was in an episode after you posted, but Varga had a small poster of Stalin next to his computer in the truck.

The scenes at the police station were dumb. The old "jaded cop telling the other cop they're full of crap and not believe a word they say despite piles of evidence" trope was already played out 25 years ago in Die Hard 2.

My friend at work thinks the cop is in on it.

Cool to see who she was sitting next to on the prison bus.

Who was that?

Dreadfully dull. I don't care about any of the characters. I'm out. Not watching the last episodes; not gonna bother with a fourth season.

Back