Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If done right, he could have an awesome underwater film. It would look awesome but probably be too expensive for a character like Namor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's that in Universal?

One of the most powerful people in the world, politically and strength wise. Namor the Submariner is probably the hero I want Marvel to have the most due to the fact he can fight and BEAT the hulk, and as people said before, as King of Atlantis he has potential to tell stories from the Atlantian point of view and do so before DC puts out an Aquaman movie. Personal opinion, Namor would be a way better story than Aquaman.

Not only that, Namor knows Captain America from WWII and he is Marvel's first mutant, and the first comic superhero to fly :) even before Superman. He is also part of Marvel's Illuminati ;) He is long overdue for the big screen.

Imagine if Universal actually made something out of Namor while DC keeps Aquaman bottled up in development hell.

:lol

the first comic superhero to fly :) even before Superman.
Android Torch had his first appearance in the same comic. Was he not able to fly at that time?

Being a fan of classic, 1960s Marvel, I think the most important Namor story to tell on the screen is his hot-and-cold relationship with mankind due to their impact on the sea, and the ways in which he is a foe to man, but not an evil villain, in a similar way to how Magneto is now portrayed.

Hopefully Marvel Studios will get his rights. And then, of course, they should have him in a legit Defenders film (not the TV Defenders we're apparently getting). The interaction between Namor, Hulk, and Dr. Strange could be great.

Android Torch had his first appearance in the same comic. Was he not able to fly at that time?
They could both fly. They also had a Superman type character that could fly in that issue as well. I think Submariner was created or copyrighted first and thats why he gets the credit.

TV Defenders

After Nam posted about them wanting to make a Punisher TV show that had the Punisher as a private eye, I am sure whatever they have in store for the Defenders is going to totaly ruin the comic concept. I know a few years back they had mentioned wanting to do a Power Pack movie, I'd rather see that rotated to television and Defenders get a theatrical release.

One of the most powerful people in the world, politically and strength wise. Namor the Submariner is probably the hero I want Marvel to have the most due to the fact he can fight and BEAT the hulk, and as people said before, as King of Atlantis he has potential to tell stories from the Atlantian point of view and do so before DC puts out an Aquaman movie. Personal opinion, Namor would be a way better story than Aquaman.

Not only that, Namor knows Captain America from WWII and he is Marvel's first mutant, and the first comic superhero to fly :) even before Superman. He is also part of Marvel's Illuminati ;) He is long overdue for the big screen.

All that, and still only about 100 people give a crap about the character. He's so completely alien and unlikeable that no one can possibly relate to him. I've wanted to tear those stupid little wings off that arrogant a-hole's ankles my whole life. That's why neither Marvel nor any other comic movie-producing studios care that he's stuck in some development/contract limbo. They know no one could make a movie about him that could get millions of people to care, and shell out the cash to watch him act like a petulant, angry little baby for 2 hours.

I do believe Torch could leap not really fly. Same as Superman.

They could both fly. They also had a Superman type character that could fly in that issue as well. I think Submariner was created or copyrighted first and thats why he gets the credit.

I think you mean Captain Marvel/Shazaam at DC? And I forgot where I read it but someone broke down the issue of comics and Namor flew 2 years before Superman and Shazaam and Torch could only leap at the time like the other 2. You know, "leap building in a single bound" Superman couldn't fly

All that, and still only about 100 people give a crap about the character. He's so completely alien and unlikeable that no one can possibly relate to him. I've wanted to tear those stupid little wings off that arrogant a-hole's ankles my whole life. That's why neither Marvel nor any other comic movie-producing studios care that he's stuck in some development/contract limbo. They know no one could make a movie about him that could get millions of people to care, and shell out the cash to watch him act like a petulant, angry little baby for 2 hours.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Zachary Quinto as Namor perhaps?

Someone said Taylor Lautner and I cringed >__<

9avupuqa.jpg

But Namor could be a good antagonist for the FF.... If Marvel got the film rights of both back lol

He’s an awesome character. He has some also catch phrases, and I think if the right actor played, he would become huge. He has the personality, powers, and location to make a great movie. Namor has been my number one superhero growing up. I still have the old 1980 cartoon on VHS.

All that, and still only about 100 people give a crap about the character. He's so completely alien and unlikeable that no one can possibly relate to him. I've wanted to tear those stupid little wings off that arrogant a-hole's ankles my whole life.
While trying to argue that he shouldn't be in movies, I think you're helping to make an argument for why he should. He isn't supposed to be a particularly likable character. Or at least, no more so than Magneto. But he is a good character, and can be a part of good stories. His ability to rile up regular heroes because of his ego and stubbornness would be part of that.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Now, they have personality and a spirit of fun in a colorful, exciting environment that appeals to kids as much as adults. No comparison between them.

He’s an awesome character. He has some also catch phrases, and I think if the right actor played, he would become huge. He has the personality, powers, and location to make a great movie. Namor has been my number one superhero growing up. I still have the old 1980 cartoon on VHS.

Just saying he's awesome doesn't make him awesome. Marvel tries again and again to test his "awesomness" and he fails most of the time. He only works when he's attached to other stories and characters in a supporting role. And even then, he's a chore to deal with. If he was awesome, there might actually be a fight, no matter how small, to bring him back into the fold.

While trying to argue that he shouldn't be in movies, I think you're helping to make an argument for why he should. He isn't supposed to be a particularly likable character. Or at least, no more so than Magneto. But he is a good character, and can be a part of good stories. His ability to rile up regular heroes because of his ego and stubbornness would be part of that.

I didn't exactly say he shouldn't be in movies, I was saying he shouldn't have his own movie, and certainly not his own franchise. It would tank because no one can make him palatable in order to make the millions they need without destroying everything he is in the comics. Sure, he could show up in various MU movies, but never as a lead, just as a foil.

Im just saying if they can make Guardians of the Galaxy interesting they can do Namor. Heck they're doing Ant-Man. Any character can be interesting to people if done right. Namor is the same as Magneto in terms of fighting for their respective races. I just think Namor is more of a badass tho.

Back