Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the movies as well. I liked that they didn't take themselves too seriously given the context really doesn't lend itself to anything remotely believable anyway. A shame most of the people who hate them can't see that. :huh

Yeah, there's no way they're abysmal, as the majority audience would suggest.

gosh.gif

I liked both Johnny and Ben in the films but hated Reed and Sue's casting. Casting Jessica Alba was nothing more than a grab for young males to drool over and she was horrible. I'm interested to see the casting on this.

I'm not in the loop enough with the who's who of current thespian talent out there.. but Scarjo would've made a great Sue IMO. I noticed John Hamm was mentioned for Reed. He'd make a brilliant older Bruce Wayne for my money - look at him in Mad Men..

I guess the door's open really for Ben & Johnny, but Sue needs to be bankable I guess, & Reed needs to have that distinguished fatherly quality. Hmm.. Fassbender's sounding better by the minute - but I wanted him for the next Green Lantern. :lol

I liked both Johnny and Ben in the films but hated Reed and Sue's casting. Casting Jessica Alba was nothing more than a grab for young males to drool over and she was horrible. I'm interested to see the casting on this.
03.gif

Paul Walker and Jessica Alba are two of the worst actors the world has ever seen. Luckily Jessica’s ass saves this scene.
IMO ^^^ sums it up regarding alba and FF.
She was HORRIBLE, just eye candy to bring in the male audience.

jessica_alba_fantastic_4.jpg

Pitiful.

I'd like to see FF cast as well as the Avengers!

IMO ^^^ sums it up regarding alba and FF.
She was HORRIBLE, just eye candy to bring in the male audience.

jessica_alba_fantastic_4.jpg

Pitiful.

I'd like to see FF cast as well as the Avengers!

i agree she was nice to look at in the first film .

the guy from nip tuck as DOOM was pretty ghey. that's like 80% of my gripe is solely on that miscast.

I enjoyed the movies as well. I liked that they didn't take themselves too seriously given the context really doesn't lend itself to anything remotely believable anyway. A shame most of the people who hate them can't see that. :huh
Nah, some things in this world just suck. It isn't about seriousness or believability, it's about being bad in, just about every possible way. Shame a misguided minority can't see that :nana:

My problem with the Fantastic 4 flicks wasn't the tone. Tone was fine. It was the direction. It wasn't good. But the first one was watchable. The second, was beyond horrible.

I remember watching the first FF movie in the theater and then eating at a Whataburger afterwards. There was a family in the restaurant who had seen the movie and the two kids, both under ten, loved it like Pokimon. That's when I realized why I didn't like the movie. It wasn't made for me. It was made for the under ten crowed. Which wouldn't have been a bad thing if the comics were aimed at the under ten crowed.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Someone had to like the FF and Green Lantern movies. You know, statistically speaking.

Some people just don't have that level of rectal retention. :dunno

I remember watching the first FF movie in the theater and then eating at a Whataburger afterwards. There was a family in the restaurant who had seen the movie and the two kids, both under ten, loved it like Pokimon. That's when I realized why I didn't like the movie. It wasn't made for me. It was made for the under ten crowed. Which wouldn't have been a bad thing if the comics were aimed at the under ten crowed.

I'll give you Pokemon because I even had to look it up :)lol) but I bet the "under ten crowed" knows how to spell crowd. :nana:

One thing in particular that I did think was atrocious though, was the forced chemistry between Jessica Alba & Ioan Gruffudd.. pretty crap, & a definitive 'fail'. :lol

I think it would be pretty cool to set this back in the 60's, against the backdrop of the space race, like transformers 3 tried to but failed. The retro vibe of first class worked really well could do the same here.

Back