"Fall of the Empire" Ewoks vs. Stormtrooper Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTJ SE someday? LOL

Does this sound mean: I do hope Lucas has a long life, but when he does die, I hope someone takes the stupid crap out and makes SW cool again

Wishful dreams alas! Lucas will return from grave to make it as he wishes LOL

Soooo....is anyone actually buying this thing? :lol

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

So a lot of times these types of decisions are equated with the license holder (I don't think it is coincidence to see Darth Talon or Hammerhead from both Sideshow and Gentle Giant in such close proximity for example) but are we really to believe that in the 30th anniversary year of ESB we have nothing but the Boba bust and Yoda action figure playset released?!

:dunno :gah: :dunno :gah:

So a lot of times these types of decisions are equated with the license holder (I don't think it is coincidence to see Darth Talon or Hammerhead from both Sideshow and Gentle Giant in such close proximity for example) but are we really to believe that in the 30th anniversary year of ESB we have nothing but the Boba bust and Yoda action figure playset released?!

:dunno :gah: :dunno :gah:

Actually, Yoda and the Hut won't be released until next year... so it's just an overpriced Boba bust.

Even Gentle Giant bested Sideshow in celebrating TESB 30. And that's right sad.

Actually, Yoda and the Hut won't be released until next year... so it's just an overpriced Boba bust.

:slap So what gives? :pfft:

With giant overpriced pieces of plastic that are copies of someone Kenner's work that have a ESB card?

I guess this doesn't bother me much cause I collect Star Wars not just one specific movie (though yes I do concentrate on Clones now).

Lol, cant stop laughing, I really think they throw darts at a board.

Honestly, then they cry when people criticize them and bash them.

Man o man what a joke.

Who cries?? :confused:

Pretty sure this piece was intended to be polarizing (either you love it or you hate it)... as for me, it's the only SW Dio I'll buy for sure... love me some Ewoks!

As for the celebration of ESB... perhaps it wasn't intentional... or perhaps they didn't want to over-saturate the market? Trying something new? Keeping it fresh? Being different? Who knows! That's not a question I, personally, know the answer to :duff BUT I think it's safe to say ESB stuff is coming... didn't Brant say 2011/12 or something?

Last edited:
love me some Ewoks!

I love killing Ewoks....:monkey3

As for the celebration of ESB... perhaps it wasn't intentional... or perhaps they didn't want to over-saturate the market? Trying something new? Keeping it fresh? Being different? Who knows! That's not a question I, personally, know the answer to :duff BUT I think it's safe to say ESB stuff is coming... didn't Brant say 2011/12 or something?

I believe Brant specifically in chat said that SSC hates ESB....just sayin' :nana:

BUT I think it's safe to say ESB stuff is coming... didn't Brant say 2011/12 or something?

Yeah only 2 years too late. Missed the window of opportunity to cash in on the excitement by 2 years. Great planning. :pow:duh:slap

In a word, yes. That made a splash that obviously overshadowed the SSC Boba Fett bust.

They're $85 much easier to afford than the bust. Though IMO the GG pieces look really really bad. I mean talk about overpriced. I see the appeal of owning the original toys but these things I wouldn't spend a wooden nickel on.

Yeah only 2 years too late. Missed the window of opportunity to cash in on the excitement by 2 years. Great planning. :pow:duh:slap
Not really. I'll buy good ESB stuff from Sideshow any year.

It's just kinda odd that they were pretty much the only major licensee that didn't really celebrate the anniversary at all. And their absence at Celebration V was palpable.

Back