Euro 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff That tournament worked out surprisingly well for us considering what happened with Roy Keane getting sent home. I seem to remember an injury time equaliser against Germany. And we were unlucky not to beat Spain in the next round, ultimately going out on penalties.

Ah, that explains it. I was wondering how you could have any french-allegiance after the ''Henry incident'' - that was round-about when I stopped cheering on France in any footballing capacity. (I was up for them in the 2006 World Cup Final against Italy, the one with the Zidane head-butt :lol )

Your WC 2002 was Australia's 2006. We were unlucky not to reach the quarters, going down to an Italian swan dive. Any tournament where the Eye-ties get beaten or head-butted is a good one.

Portugal are underdogs against anyone except England.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire Million-dollar question: name two players in the Portugal football team.

Ronaldo and ermmm...

He's a classy guy though...

“Iceland didn’t try anything,” whined the Portuguese captain. “They were just defend, defend, defend and playing on the counterattack. It was a lucky night for them. We should have three points but we are OK. I thought they’d won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end. It was unbelievable. When they don’t try to play and just defend, defend, defend, this in my opinion shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition.” They have already accomplished more than expected and were at one with their fans after the final whistle while Ronaldo raged at the referee.

Ronaldo and ermmm...

:lol :lecture

He's a classy guy though...

Impossibly talented, rich and good looking. The bastard.

cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-sports-sexy-glossy-photo-photograph-print.jpg

That argument just reeks of being mad at having drawn with Iceland. Obviously Iceland can't match Portugal player for player, so being defensive is the only option. Maybe if the Portugal players spent more time on their feet then on the ground crying the would score more goals? :)

Ronaldo refused to shake hands with the Iceland players after the game. :lol

That argument just reeks of being mad at having drawn with Iceland. Obviously Iceland can't match Portugal player for player, so being defensive is the only option. Maybe if the Portugal players spent more time on their feet then on the ground crying the would score more goals? :)

Ronaldo refused to shake hands with the Iceland players after the game. :lol

One should always shake one's opponent's hand after a contest :lecture

giphy.gif

cheering for germany. going against poland tomorrow. :woo

Ah, that explains it. I was wondering how you could have any french-allegiance after the ''Henry incident'' - that was round-about when I stopped cheering on France in any footballing capacity. (I was up for them in the 2006 World Cup Final against Italy, the one with the Zidane head-butt :lol )

funny you mentioned Henry. i thought he turned irish lately.:lol

Back