Enterbay RM-1056 Bruce Lee - The Big Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strange how the moveable eyes ruined the BTS sculpt yet the earlier sculpts..FOF/ETD etc still look great even today.i know arnie did them,but compare them to say big boss/black label with non moveable eyes by park etc and they win hands down.even in likeness.big boss ''calm'' is awful.

strange how the moveable eyes ruined the BTS sculpt yet the earlier sculpts..FOF/ETD etc still look great even today.i know arnie did them,but compare them to say big boss/black label with non moveable eyes by park etc and they win hands down.even in likeness.big boss ''calm'' is awful.

I agree with FOF and ETD but the first one they did with moveable eyes (WOD) looked pretty awful to as it had bug eyes. However, proto WOD resin sculpt looked fine. So it is strange that they got better with future releases then could not achieve that look again when they made BTS.

yeah good ole WOTD.a lot use the calm FOF with the WOTD hair to make up for it,strange indeed that later releases after ETD.got worse.

yeah good ole WOTD.a lot use the calm FOF with the WOTD hair to make up for it,strange indeed that later releases after ETD.got worse.

Yeah I don't get why they can't just do it like they use to, oh well moveable eyes are not important to me anyway but yeah strange that they managed to mess it up again after those successes like FOF and ETD.

The likeness on this figure is just horrible. I love Bruce Lee but this is going to be a big pass for me. I might get the necklace and maybe the clothes and just update my custom. It's a lot better than what EB is releasing.

3DE829CB-85E6-450D-9FD5-5F2A19D45C52_zpsh9au6era.jpg

Head looks a bit big but that's just from the camera angle.

The old Bruce Lee's just had two eye 'stalks' inside the head that you moved around independently of each other. They used this for years.

Then Hot Toys came up with PERS and the one joystick to better control both eyes.

Bill had to top this and so they came up with a new system that used a rolling ball to move the eyes around. Not only did it not work properly and broke extremely easily, but it ruined the sculpt it was put into.

For the 2nd batch of the GoD:BTS sets they took this out altogether and it went back to the eye stalk system ....but the damaged had already been done to the sculpt.

When searching for pics, I came across our previous discussion about YJ Parks sculpt.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5140241

Maybe you were either unimpressed with the pics I posted, or forgot about them :lol

Oh that's right forgot about these.

73992387.jpg

42143979.jpg

If you remember my comment, I said the only thing that bothered me was that the hair looked too big. That being said, I don't think it looks much like Bruce as an adult he looks like a little kid, but maybe that is an illusion caused by the big hair. :dunno

The old Bruce Lee's just had two eye 'stalks' inside the head that you moved around independently of each other. They used this for years.

Then Hot Toys came up with PERS and the one joystick to better control both eyes.

Bill had to top this and so they came up with a new system that used a rolling ball to move the eyes around. Not only did it not work properly and broke extremely easily, but it ruined the sculpt it was put into.

For the 2nd batch of the GoD:BTS sets they took this out altogether and it went back to the eye stalk system ....but the damaged had already been done to the sculpt

:goodpost:

Oh so that is why, well it's kind of ironic that Hot Toys are now using EBs old system so far for only 18 inches figures.

Last edited:
Hm, I preordered this one but looking at all the comments here I'm thinking to cancel. What's currently the best Bruce Lee figure btw?

I would say the 1/4 30th anniversary full statue of bruce lee in his iconic stance would be the best ever!! the WTD 1/4 is pretty decent as well.

If you are talking about 1/6 figures, I would have to say ETD A version or the Nokia GOD.

Well anything Arnie KIM! :rotfl

If you remember my comment, I said the only thing that bothered me was that the hair looked too big. That being said, I don't think it looks much like Bruce as an adult he looks like a little kid, but maybe that is an illusion caused by the big hair. :dunno
I agree about the hair being oversized, but whatever that figure lacks, if that was what we got, it would be the best mass produced BL figure released right now.

nice honest review..so glad I never got this(even to complete my collection)will wait for my ''roar'' sculpt to arrive,and make do with my custom.

How's the body Axe?
The body is fine, aesthetically I find it much more natural and better than the HT body. The legs specially are much better in look and also the upper body too is more natural.
The only disadvantage is the usual rachet joints Enterbay use. Unlike HT where (with tight enough joints) you can fix articulation of a joint at any angle. Enterbay as you know can fix poses with each 'click' of rachets.

Its actually a very good 1:6 Bruce Lee body. The downsides as I said in my review is the normal face sculpt. I have NO IDEA HOW it got approved!?! Or how Scuderia who sculpted the 1:4 HD figure in record time to make up for Rovo Jin's exit could do such a job?!!

I have NO IDEA HOW it got approved!?! Or how Scuderia who sculpted the 1:4 HD figure in record time to make up for Rovo Jin's exit could do such a job?!!

Simple really, they just didn't give a s **t about this release. Otherwise the set would've had a couple more easy-as-pie accessories and proper shoes. And their 1/6 license is exclusive, it's a shame.

Last edited:
Back