Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
decadentdave said:
Not to mention issues with shipping itself. How many boxes have I received damaged because they don't ship them in bigger boxes with more protective packing materials? I'd gladly pay a few bucks more for a mint-in-box gurantee.
You can request that your figures get shipped in larger boxes. It does cost a few extra bucks and it takes longer to get your figure, but ever since I started getting mine this way, every one has been in mint condition.

Buttmunch said:
I think Dusty said that Nik Sant and Sgt. Brant are EXCLUSIVE to Sideshow, like Jabba's throne. So Nik would be the exclusive.

Thanks what it sounded like to me too... I'm just unclear if the commando figure will have an exclusive and non-exclusive version. If he only has a regular release I'll probably get him off an online retailer and save a few $.

EVILFACE said:
I'd like to buy a brand new ZO6 Corvette. Maybe if I whine on a GM board they will cut the cost for me.

We all make sacrifices for what we want.

Damn! I was just about to say the same thing!!! :lol

Am I the only one who thinks these figures are a joke? The April Fools half a Maul would make more sense then these. $50-$60 army builders, and three of them. I think Sideshow are starting to take the p*%$ a bit now. There are numerous charaters to be done, and a dozen figures into the line they come up with three Endor soliders?!!?!? It’s not as if the Star Wars universe lacks characters. Come on Sideshow pull your finger out, before you kill this line before it even gets going. I hope these sell real bad, because it might make Sideshow sit up and take notice. What next, why don’t you make all the rebel soliders on Yavin, who lined up while the heroes got their medals!

LordAzrael said:
Shipping is a sore point with me at the moment. They stuffed up on my prior order not shipping together - then this week was stuffed up because they had stuffed up the prior one.

It might sound trite - but if you've stuffed up a particular customers combined shipping might you not look at what else is supposed to be combined ? The one mistake now cost me about $US100 on top of what I should have paid for two SS figures.

Phew! I'm stuffed just hearing about it. :D

Eric

Buttmunch said:
I think Dusty said that Nik Sant and Sgt. Brant are EXCLUSIVE to Sideshow, like Jabba's throne. So Nik would be the exclusive.

I for one will be getting all three next week (of all weeks for me to NOT have a film class at night!). Being a Brant, I've gotta get Brant. I also wanted Nik because he is unique and IN the film. The other guy is just your typical Endor trooper too. Cool we get a bonus gift card. Anything free is always welcome.

See, this works out perfectly for Buttmunch! Another happy customer! Way to go, SSC!

Eric

Homer Simpson said:
Am I the only one who thinks these figures are a joke? The April Fools half a Maul would make more sense then these. $50-$60 army builders, and three of them. I think Sideshow are starting to take the p*%$ a bit now. There are numerous charaters to be done, and a dozen figures into the line they come up with three Endor soliders?!!?!? It’s not as if the Star Wars universe lacks characters. Come on Sideshow pull your finger out, before you kill this line before it even gets going. I hope these sell real bad, because it might make Sideshow sit up and take notice. What next, why don’t you make all the rebel soliders on Yavin, who lined up while the heroes got their medals!

Personally, I prefer the rebel soldiers in Bladmar. Remember them? They kicked arse! Well, back to the basement I go. :D

Eric

I hope that if SS ever does 1:6 Star Trek figures that they make all of the red shirt Ensign Expendibles that bite it on the away team missions. That would be the money!

decadentdave said:
I hope that if SS ever does 1:6 Star Trek figures that they make all of the red shirt Ensign Expendibles that bite it on the away team missions. That would be the money!

I agree! By the way, do people still say "the money"? :confused:

Eric

I hadn't planned on buying Nik Sant, but being able to save some money on shipping, not having to worry about PPOs, and getting the figures sooner is making me edge towards the bundle. The gift card will probably be useless to me unless it can be used towards pre-orders.

Something else I'm wondering... is there a limit on the "box set"? I definatly want to get at least two extras. One for a custom trooper (african american) and one to keep the helmet for Luke, provided it fits him.

tomandshell said:
Receive a $25 gift card towards select Sideshow items!!

Could this mean that the card might only be good for, lets say, 2 or 3 different items ? If so, that seriously decreases its value.

I'm still on the fence for the set. Perhaps the exclusive item will be an Ewok.

ZombieReign said:
Could this mean that the card might only be good for, lets say, 2 or 3 different items ? If so, that seriously decreases its value.

I'm still on the fence for the set. Perhaps the exclusive item will be an Ewok.
There wont be any exclusive item with these. One trooper will be a regular release and the other two will be Sideshow exclusives. I will be ready next week when the newsletter is posted to order these guys and hopefully I will be able to get all 3 no problem. If this is the way that Sideshow plans to handle these I think that their military line will be really successful. I cant wait to get Sandtroopers like this.

I like the bundle idea(and btw that gift card sounds like the SDCC ones that were only good for the stuff Sideshow has a hard time selling) but man I wish the preorder was at the normal time. I work at Sun-Thursday 3:30pm - 12:30am. Going to be a giant pain for me to order these. Though I imagine the friday ones are a pain for everyone else as well(at least those are near lunch time so people can get away from the office or whatnot). I think the newsletter preorders should only be for things that won't sell out in half an hour.

Homer Simpson said:

They aren't the most exciting figures SS has released in this line that I will agree with but a joke. Dude that's a bit rude. There are your fellow collectors that are army builders that are very happy about this not to mention other just regular fans that want figures like this represented in their collections. I'm sorry but if you think SS is mucking things up because they choose these three figures right now then you have no idea. SW doesn't lack characters but last time I checked the Endor Soldiers where part of SW. How is SS doing these gonna kill this line or if they do other soldiers like this? Do you really believe that? Man, you gotta lay off the crazy juice because it's affecting your thoughts. That's also really ****ty, immature, and just plain ****ing ignorant of you to wish these would sell bad. That will do real good for the line then. The Military line will have more nameless soldiers in it so you better just deal with it now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as the gift card even for instock stuff $25 bucks is pretty nice. You wouldn't scoff if a store you liked gave you $25 bucks off instock items. I call it being ungrateful.

Back