Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get him for sure, but not sure I'd go full price now. A $10 giftcard or something can always fix that.

Last edited:
The figures look very cool and I would love to have them in my collection but the 59.99 price tag is what's stopping me. The bundle deal is nice but I would have appreciated a break on the total cost of the figures more. 49.99 to 54.99 would have been more reasonable.

Amir said:
The figures look very cool and I would love to have them in my collection but the 59.99 price tag is what's stopping me. The bundle deal is nice but I would have appreciated a break on the total cost of the figures more. 49.99 to 54.99 would have been more reasonable.

If you use the gift card, then it is about that price. They didn't have to give us a break at all or offer them together in a bundle. I feel lucky they gave us any extra bonus. Remember, usually things like this that people don't buy because of the price, could skyrocket and then you'd really regret when you could have gotten them for retail.

I guess they could skyrocket but I'm not a completist (at least I try not to be) and if the value is not there I don't bite no matter how my display will be lacking Endor Soldiers unless I can get them at a more reasonable price later I won't have them in my collection. If there value triples oh well, I don't buy for possible future value. Toys are never a sound investment.

Amir said:
I guess they could skyrocket but I'm not a completist (at least I try not to be) and if the value is not there I don't bite no matter how my display will be lacking Endor Soldiers unless I can get them at a more reasonable price later I won't have them in my collection. If there value triples oh well, I don't buy for possible future value. Toys are never a sound investment.

I don't buy these for an investment. I just enjoy them as the products they are. If they increase in value, cool, but I wouldn't sell them unless I absolutely had to. Collect to Collect right? :D

BS! Collect so you can take 'em off the shelf and play with them! If your guys sit up there and never get moved around with some human made sound effects, they are being mistreated.
Who out there isn't waiting for Maul to arrive to put him next to Qui Gon and say "Whooozh, whoozhzzzz" ?

Buttmunch said:
If you use the gift card, then it is about that price. They didn't have to give us a break at all or offer them together in a bundle. I feel lucky they gave us any extra bonus. Remember, usually things like this that people don't buy because of the price, could skyrocket and then you'd really regret when you could have gotten them for retail.
I have a Gift Card for $10 (which would make Nik $49.99) and I went to the PPO page and I still could not get hyped up about him.... :(

I'm really starting to prioritize a bit more on these guys. Each day I get closer to cancelling Bib, as much as I think its an excellent figure, sculpt and costume, I don't know that I need a super articulated version.
I think I will be sticking to main characters or ones that really strike me.

Not me I'm getting them all. I'm glad some folks feel the need to only get a few it increases my chances just incase I might miss one. Not to mention there is no need to be a completist but for some reason a few SW fans feel SS owes them to make these cheaper so they can. If they feel they don't have to be it lessons the *****ing which is good.

Bib is mandatory for me. I collect creatures, and on top of that a ROTJ fan. What I don't understand are people who say they'll get Jabba and the Endor soldiers but.. not Bib? :confused:

I like Bib, I like the Endor soldiers, as a matter of fact, I like all of my Sideshow figures, from the Highlander, Star Wars and Buffy line.
I have my Highlander figures on the dresser, the SW guys on shelves in my bedroom and the Buffy figures in the basement by my art table where they look really cool against the 100 yr old brick wall.
The main issue is space. Despite my belief that the Endor troops were priced $5 too high, if I had a place to make a cool Endor scene, I would have gotten them.
I want the Jedi and Sith figures most. I want Vader with some Stormtroopers. I want the Emporer with his royal guards. I want the droids with Tatooine Luke. I want clonetroopers and some battledroids. I want Jango vs AOTC Obi Wan. Thats alot to display.

Amanaman said:
Bib is mandatory for me. I collect creatures, and on top of that a ROTJ fan. What I don't understand are people who say they'll get Jabba and the Endor soldiers but.. not Bib? :confused:

Too true. Bib is a great design, and from the looks of him a great figure. Plus, if you're getting Jabba, how can you not have his lackey?

I want to have some great villain pairings on my shelf:

Vader and Fett
Jabba and Bib
Dooku and Asajj (until Jango comes)
Sidious and Maul

Strategic pairings like those make a "stronger" display than a single figure. This is the main weakness of PFs other than price.

Amanaman said:

Bib > Endor Troops. Plus the Kenner staff pushes him over the top for me since he is an actual character not just guy in the background behind Han.

These guys were on front of Han. They should be made as well.

likesolo5.jpg

I would love a 1/6th Amanaman figure.

I don't know why -- I guess its because I had that little Kenner figure, which I loved as a kid. He always reminded me of some space monster from "Lost in Space".

Yep, Amanaman has a very simple, straightforward appeal, unlike Boba Fett whose rise to cult status began with fan speculation on the story behind that worn out cluttered outfit.

L-amanaman.jpg

I never liked the newer Hasbro one too much. It lacks the charm of the original.

Back