Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
I'd like to buy a brand new ZO6 Corvette. Maybe if I whine on a GM board they will cut the cost for me.

We all make sacrifices for what we want.
Yup. These are luxuries, not necessities. There's a lot of collectible items I'd love to have but can't afford so I don't have them, and yet, life goes on.

I personally think its great they are offering the combo deal. Thats two less PPO to go through and two Friday afternoons I will not have to be worried about being on a computer at 1 in the afternoon.

galactiboy said:
But I bet you the guy who played Nik Sant (provided he isn't dead) is over-the-moon right now about being immortalized in plastic... who'd a thunk it?

The guy who played Nik Sant is just happy he's going to be getting his first royalties check from Lucasfilm in over 20 years.

EVILFACE said:
I'd like to buy a brand new ZO6 Corvette. Maybe if I whine on a GM board they will cut the cost for me.

We all make sacrifices for what we want.
I will whine with you if it help both of us get Z06s:lol

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

And just like Star Wars, no matter what the price it, the Vette sells.

They are all very nice but I will also pass on these... There are just too many other more important characters that I want. Like "Padme" and "Asajj" ect...

:emperor

I think this is a really cool model for doing the Military line. I hope it continues and we get three different Stormies, Clones, Royal Guards (not sure what would be different here), and Sandtroopers. It's very cool, and I think it'll be successful. I'm passing on these. It's not a quality thing, to be sure. I have limited funds AND limited space. I'll save myself $180 and put it into Jabba.

As to the money issue, I'm with Alice. As long as the price is semi-reasonable, I'm in. If I get priced out, I'll move on to something I can afford. I'm not saying everyone NEEDS to react this way, it's just me. Deal with it however you please.

I'd like to buy all three so I hope the strike force set isn't too expensive.
I feel that Sideshow bases their pricing on the expense of manufacturing, so when the price increases it's for a good reason.

I'd rather buy a 3 pack of Galactic Marines to gun down Ki Adi Mundi. That's money better spent. If enough people pass on these maybe SS will be forced into a position to liquidate them at a lower price as they have done in the past on some of their other lingering items. You'd be able to use the gift cards on these then.

Unless Nik Sant's exclusive is *insanely* awesome...passing on all three. Endor soldiers were the most "background" of any rebel soldiers in any battle. In every other skirmish (Rebel Blockade Runner, Hoth, the space battles) you see Rebel "no names" doing significant things or at least having dialogue during the battles. Not so on Endor. Its like they weren't even there, just the heroes, droids, and ewoks vs. the Empire. You could easily make a sizeable Endor diorama (and have it be screen accurate no less) with Han, Leia, the droids, Chewie, several ewoks, Biker Scouts, Stormtroopers, and Imperial Officers. That's a huge variety of characters to represent the Endor battle. No need for some non-speaking soldiers dressed to literally blend in with the environment who literally do nothing but hide behind the bunker if you have a quick enough eye to see them during one of the many shield bunker battle montages.

That's cool that they made them though. Sooner or later they'll get around to background characters that I *will* get excited over. I'm happy for the people who really dig these guys.

IrishJedi said:
Well, for the record, consider yourself exempt for these statements. You are a SSC completist through-and-through. And that's cool. You have both the expendable income and the passion for that, so I see no problem with it whatsoever. There are a few others out there like that as well, and some SW collectors who will buy EVERYTHING in this line no matter what the character or price. I realize that. I'm talking about the rest of us... the ones who DO have limits, whether be it budget-based or taste-based. And because a large quantity of their consumer base has limits, SSC would be wise to have some themselves. And I think they do... I sure as heck hope they don't have the "Katy bar the door" attitude toward this line that Loki and others do. If so, more people will jump ship from this line than you think.

That's cool. I will say though I do have a budget. I'm a first year teacher trying to save for a new car and my very own house. I am paying other bills though and helping out with bills here at my folks place. I don't want them to raise prices either for the record.

A decent deal but still not enough to persuade me to buy them. Funds are limited and knowing I still have Jabba & co to pay for makes these an easy pass,though I do think all 3 figures look very well done. If Sideshow use the same model for Stormtroopers,they could do one with Han's head,one with Luke's head and one with Temuera Morrison or Bodie Taylor's head (Are you listening Sideshow?)

If Sideshow made a 1/6 scale AT-ST and Endor Shield Bunker entrance I would seriously have considered buying Abercrombie & Fitch and Eddie Bauer for an Endor Ambush diorama. Otherwise, what's the point? So they can lurk in the backyard trees?

jlcmsu said:
They give away $25 bucks and your *****ing? Jeez :rolleyes:

A $25 gift card does nothing for me when I have to fork out another $US50 to get it shipped.

I'd rather a $25 discount on the price for the three together.

jlcmsu said:
Well, they do the best they can. That's all anyone can ask for.

Shipping is a sore point with me at the moment. They stuffed up on my prior order not shipping together - then this week was stuffed up because they had stuffed up the prior one.

It might sound trite - but if you've stuffed up a particular customers combined shipping might you not look at what else is supposed to be combined ? The one mistake now cost me about $US100 on top of what I should have paid for two SS figures.

Not to mention issues with shipping itself. How many boxes have I received damaged because they don't ship them in bigger boxes with more protective packing materials? I'd gladly pay a few bucks more for a mint-in-box gurantee.

LordAzrael said:
A $25 gift card does nothing for me when I have to fork out another $US50 to get it shipped.

I'd rather a $25 discount on the price for the three together.

If this turns out to be for in-stock items only, I can certainly see your point.

Khev said:
Unless Nik Sant's exclusive is *insanely* awesome...passing on all three. Endor soldiers were the most "background" of any rebel soldiers in any battle. In every other skirmish (Rebel Blockade Runner, Hoth, the space battles) you see Rebel "no names" doing significant things or at least having dialogue during the battles. Not so on Endor. Its like they weren't even there, just the heroes, droids, and ewoks vs. the Empire. You could easily make a sizeable Endor diorama (and have it be screen accurate no less) with Han, Leia, the droids, Chewie, several ewoks, Biker Scouts, Stormtroopers, and Imperial Officers. That's a huge variety of characters to represent the Endor battle. No need for some non-speaking soldiers dressed to literally blend in with the environment who literally do nothing but hide behind the bunker if you have a quick enough eye to see them during one of the many shield bunker battle montages.

That's cool that they made them though. Sooner or later they'll get around to background characters that I *will* get excited over. I'm happy for the people who really dig these guys.

I think Dusty said that Nik Sant and Sgt. Brant are EXCLUSIVE to Sideshow, like Jabba's throne. So Nik would be the exclusive.

I for one will be getting all three next week (of all weeks for me to NOT have a film class at night!). Being a Brant, I've gotta get Brant. I also wanted Nik because he is unique and IN the film. The other guy is just your typical Endor trooper too. Cool we get a bonus gift card. Anything free is always welcome.

Back