Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
They aren't the most exciting figures SS has released in this line that I will agree with but a joke. Dude that's a bit rude. There are your fellow collectors that are army builders that are very happy about this not to mention other just regular fans that want figures like this represented in their collections. I'm sorry but if you think SS is mucking things up because they choose these three figures right now then you have no idea. SW doesn't lack characters but last time I checked the Endor Soldiers where part of SW. How is SS doing these gonna kill this line or if they do other soldiers like this? Do you really believe that? Man, you gotta lay off the crazy juice because it's affecting your thoughts. That's also really ****ty, immature, and just plain ****ing ignorant of you to wish these would sell bad. That will do real good for the line then. The Military line will have more nameless soldiers in it so you better just deal with it now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as the gift card even for instock stuff $25 bucks is pretty nice. You wouldn't scoff if a store you liked gave you $25 bucks off instock items. I call it being ungrateful.

I agree. Although I'm not interested in these particular army builders, I'd be all over three different Stormies, or whatever other army builder you choose to fill the blank. I think it's a great way of giving the fans EXACTLY what they want. Army builders will be very pleased to have some variation in their ranks. It's a brilliant move on SIdeshow's part, and far from showing them to be out of touch, or mucking up the line, it shows that they have their finger, not up their bums, but stroking the collective c**k of collectors everywhere. Don't go nuts whenever they release something you don't like or want. It's a big universe, a historically successful franchise, and a long happy orgasm for the fan community that Sideshow is focusing on all aspects of the series, and not just on core characters. Don't like, don't buy. Sideshow listens to us a lot more than most companies listen to their customers. Try not to alienate them by wishing them ill, and maybe you'll get that Ice Cream Maker Guy I know you're jonesing for.

I may get these just to spite you.:D

Customikey said:
I agree. Although I'm not interested in these particular army builders, I'd be all over three different Stormies, or whatever other army builder you choose to fill the blank. I think it's a great way of giving the fans EXACTLY what they want. Army builders will be very pleased to have some variation in their ranks. It's a brilliant move on SIdeshow's part, and far from showing them to be out of touch, or mucking up the line, it shows that they have their finger, not up their bums, but stroking the collective c**k of collectors everywhere. Don't go nuts whenever they release something you don't like or want. It's a big universe, a historically successful franchise, and a long happy orgasm for the fan community that Sideshow is focusing on all aspects of the series, and not just on core characters. Don't like, don't buy. Sideshow listens to us a lot more than most companies listen to their customers. Try not to alienate them by wishing them ill, and maybe you'll get that Ice Cream Maker Guy I know you're jonesing for.

I may get these just to spite you.:D

Preach IT CM!!!:chew

jlcmsu said:
As far as the gift card even for instock stuff $25 bucks is pretty nice. You wouldn't scoff if a store you liked gave you $25 bucks off instock items. I call it being ungrateful.

I have to disagree with you there. Unlike Sideshow with their online preorders, other stores don't sell out their most popular items before they reach the sales floor. I'm sure not all, but a large majority of diehard Star Wars fans don't collect any other Sideshow lines besides Star Wars. The problem is that Star Wars figures, even the regular editions,have been selling out before they're released, so this $25 card isn't going to be of any use to a large amount of collectors if it only works for instock items. I mean no disrespect to you or Sideshow, but I don't think you're right to say that this card is the same as a gift card at any other store because Sideshow works so much differently than other stores.

Yeah, I gotta admit... the SS Gift Cards are pretty lame. I got a $50 Gift Card at Dragon*Con and haven't even been able to use it yet because the "select items" you can use them for are pretty limited. It's not all in-stock items, just "select" ones. If people think these are like normal gift certificates they are in for a rude awakening.

Boba Ben said:
I have to disagree with you there. Unlike Sideshow with their online preorders, other stores don't sell out their most popular items before they reach the sales floor. I'm sure not all, but a large majority of diehard Star Wars fans don't collect any other Sideshow lines besides Star Wars. The problem is that Star Wars figures, even the regular editions,have been selling out before they're released, so this $25 card isn't going to be of any use to a large amount of collectors if it only works for instock items. I mean no disrespect to you or Sideshow, but I don't think you're right to say that this card is the same as a gift card at any other store because Sideshow works so much differently than other stores.

Well, SS can't help if someone does or doesn't collect stuff other than SW. It's meant as a goodwill gesture I'm sure to say thanks for buying all 3. Any gift card is the same its just that SS stuff is so popular.

Darth Rage said:
Can I get some of that crazy juice?:rotfl

Thought you already head some? :rotfl

IrishJedi said:
Yeah, I gotta admit... the SS Gift Cards are pretty lame. I got a $50 Gift Card at Dragon*Con and haven't even been able to use it yet because the "select items" you can use them for are pretty limited. It's not all in-stock items, just "select" ones. If people think these are like normal gift certificates they are in for a rude awakening.

I used my $50 dollar one from SDCC for an Abe Lincoln 12" for my Sister and just last night used the last $10 for two SS stands for my Medicom Vader and the Clone I will be ordering. It gives you a list of items you can select but I don't know what items wouldn't count if it was in stock.

I'd love a giftcard! The $25 - $50 means I get something I wanted, but that I thought might be a tad overpriced. Or I can get something I would have liked, but didn;t want to spend the money on!

If anyone feels cheated about the nature of their giftcard (free f*ckin' money), feel free to give it to me!!

jlcmsu said:
I used my $50 dollar one from SDCC for an Abe Lincoln 12" for my Sister and just last night used the last $10 for two SS stands for my Medicom Vader and the Clone I will be ordering. It gives you a list of items you can select but I don't know what items wouldn't count if it was in stock.

It only counts on the items that are listed. I know someone who tried to order the VCD Stormtrooper because it was in stock and they couldn't use the card; someone else tried to use one on the PF exclusive Leia that was in stock as a 2nd chance and also got shot down.

It doesn't seem to be anything that's in stock. I think if something didn't sell out in pre-orders, and came in stock, we still wouldn't be able to use these gift cards.

I love the fact they give us gift cards, but I think everyone would be a lot happier if they were just worth $5~$10 and could be used on pre-orders.

GSRJedi said:
It only counts on the items that are listed. I know someone who tried to order the VCD Stormtrooper because it was in stock and they couldn't use the card; someone else tried to use one on the PF exclusive Leia that was in stock as a 2nd chance and also got shot down.

I don't know. I used it on the items I wanted to use it on. That where listed as in stock so I'm not sure why that happened. I know you can only use one card per person. Maybe that was the case? :confused:

GSRJedi said:
I love the fact they give us gift cards, but I think everyone would be a lot happier if they were just worth $5~$10 and could be used on pre-orders.

Yeah, I think it's cool. I would love to be able to use these on PO though that would make them even better. I just think it's rude to call SS offering this lame. They are at least doing something.

jlcmsu said:
I don't know. I used it on the items I wanted to use it on. That where listed as in stock so I'm not sure why that happened. I know you can only use one card per person. Maybe that was the case? :confused:

There is a list of products available that you can use the giftcard for on sideshow's website, it is not applicable to all in stock items.

Darth Rage said:
There is a list of products available that you can use the giftcard for on sideshow's website, it is not applicable to all in stock items.

Got ya. :)

Slipping back into my cheerleading outfit...

Ooh, bit of a tight squeeze, shouldn't have ate those doughnuts...

I think that it's awesome that SSC are putting out two of these figures as Exclusives and only one 'regular' release. I think that if someone from SSC had put this out there as soon as the stuff hit then there would have been a LOT less moaning.

I think that the $25.00 cift card is a great idea and will allow me to buy some SS stands for my non-SSC Star Wars 12's that still are passable (VOTC BobA for example).

Well done Sideshow. I'll be ordering the full set next Friday (that's if there are any left by the time us UK'ers wake up - that's why a set pre-order time is worth having!!!!!!!!)

Then if for some reason I don't get them (or just feel like ordering another one) I can get the Endor Commando from Forbidden Planet.

Goooooooooooo SIDESHOW!!!!!!

PS - yes I know that I was one of the moaners but the official release strategy has completely turned me around on the idea (although I still think they are a strange choice...)

I may think about getting them. The $25 certificate is nice, but I agree I'd rather $25 off the price. The last time I used a certificate they called to say they only had 1/2 of what I ordered in stock [despite how the site read] and then when I got off the phone I got an email that the other 1/2 of the order had somehow been misplaced and I'd have to wait for a complete restock.
Of course, as I'll be at work until 0700 on the 6th and not near a 'puter anyway, I guess its a moot point. :monkey2

As far as these figures are concerned, I am still sitting on the fence. I guess it all depends on seeing more pics and the packaging. The $25 gift card sounds nice, but I have to quote:

I got a $50 Gift Card at Dragon*Con and haven't even been able to use it yet because the "select items" you can use them for are pretty limited. It's not all in-stock items, just "select" ones. If people think these are like normal gift certificates they are in for a rude awakening.

I was also at Dragon*Con and picked up a $50 gift card as well. So far, I've been shot down at every order I selected, the most recent being the VCD TIE Pilot, when it obviously states on the page that it is now IN STOCK.

For now, though, I may wait to see if I can use my card in the future if something comes up for purchase. If not, I may sway toward obtaining some of the Bond 12" line.

jlcmsu said:

As long as it is in-stock and not a second chance, you can use them.

I've had no problems with the gift card. I got a $100 one at SDCC. I came home and ordered 2 stone wall enivronments, a Vampire Spike (to go with the Vampire Angel my brother one at SDCC and gave to me because he already had one), and a stand to finish the card off. Well, turns out they oversold the stone wall so they didn't have it. But instead they let me apply the credit from the card to my Aragron 12" Pre-order. I'm OK missing out on the stone wall now.

I don't think the combo pack will sell out on Thursay night. It isn't even a PPO! I think they will be like Jabba's throne for a few days, weeks, or months before they decide an edition size for the two exlusive troops.

LOTRFan said:
As long as it is in-stock and not a second chance, you can use them.

Not true. My brother was able to use his gift card on the second chance for the non-attendee Dr. Doom archive set plus a stand.

Back