ELROND GG arrived today!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are probably the best pics I've seen of him but I still just don't care for it. Glad you do Loki cause thats all that really matters.

I'm by no means a good photographer, but this is the first bust that you can see the detail in his face that makes him look more like Hugo Weaving. I honestly think this is just as good a likeness as the Strider bust.

I am still not into it. I'd have to see it in person before I made a final call though. IMO it still just doesn't look like Hugo much at all. Maybe in person it's a lot better. Just not seeing Hugo or Elrond there. It's more like "Generic elf # 5" or something.

I am still not into it. I'd have to see it in person before I made a final call though. IMO it still just doesn't look like Hugo much at all. Maybe in person it's a lot better. Just not seeing Hugo or Elrond there. It's more like "Generic elf # 5" or something.

Are you serious? Not even in my pics? U R just GG hatin on this one

Are you serious? Not even in my pics? U R just GG hatin on this one

Not GG hatin' at all. I have ton of the min-busts and love 99% of them. I just don't think this looks like Hugo at all. Every other bust in the LOTR line has been killer and far batter than the WETA counterparts. I just don't see Hugo in this sculpt.

Yeah, I just don't see it. I've liked them all so far but this one for me is a swing and a miss. Its just like with the SSW busts a lot of them where really good but they did have some misses. This is a miss for GG.

Ordered mine from darkshadow awhile back. I got in late on the Strider/Wraith release so made sure to preorder all the rest. I wish I had it in hand so I could judge other than from these pics, still waiting...

Edit: Great pics by the way

I know when I saw the pics I was not happy with the expression or the likenes...

I have to wait now until I get mine to be a judge on the quality...

(IMHO I liked the Agent Smith likeness more).

I know when I saw the pics I was not happy with the expression or the likenes...

I have to wait now until I get mine to be a judge on the quality...

(IMHO I liked the Agent Smith likeness more).

From everything I've seen, it seems to be hit or miss. I love how my bust looks. I don't think it looks anything like the others that we've seen (it looks good :monkey1)

Finally, order update from dark shadow:

Elrond Bust
Pre-Order
(Will ship in 4-7 days)

Frodo in Orc Armor Bust
Pre-Order
(Will ship in 4-7 days)

Samwise Gamgee in Orc Armor Bust
Pre-Order
(Will ship in 4-7 days)

Saruman still shows as a pre-odrer

Looks like we'll be seeing Frodo and Sam this next week too.

I really should have held for Ebay sales, DS is as much as $12 more a bust from what I'm seeing now. I paid ~$39 - $42 each, and I've seen on ebay for $29.99. I didn't know how popular this line was going to be, coming in late to Strider and Wraith with zero availability when I tried to buy. Although you can't beat DS shipping, $5 for 4 busts. Oh well.

Yeah I'm getting all mine from Mike at Razors edge, he said Elrond is in stock now and Frodo and Sam will be there next week. :woo

:rock :rock

Looking forward to getting Frodo and Sam. Not sure if I will display with helms on or not. Really wanting to get Saruman.

Geez, Saruman is the only other one I am getting besides Gandalf and that's 3 that have leap-frogged him. Elrond and now Sam and Frodo. :monkey2

Geez, Saruman is the only other one I am getting besides Gandalf and that's 3 that have leap-frogged him. Elrond and now Sam and Frodo. :monkey2

Ditto I have the strider and ringwraith but Saruman will be the last at this rate.

I expect my Frodo and Sam to ship from MWC anyday now. After that, I should have about a month before anything else ships.

It seems that Elrond is a bust either your going to like or hate. I would suggest trying to see one in person before making your final call. I will say that the paint on it is not good and it is also the weakest in the line thus far. Frodo and Sam are shipping out today so it should be interesting to see what people think of them after Elrond. Saruman I do not know what the hold it is my only guess would be they are having trouble with the light up palantir.

they look really nice these busts, the elrond does look a little young though but still a vey nice peice

Back