ELROND GG arrived today!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure either. I am just not crazy about them using people who had nothing to do with the films (or other)....

I don't really care much for this Elrond bust. I do like the Glorfindel bust but that might be due to the fact that he wasn't in the movie . QUOTE]

So that was a question I had, was glorfindel in the movie? I got the GG bust, and I know I saw him in the Battle for Middle Earth PC game cover, but can't recall him from the movie, excpet for maybe the metro-sexual elf that shows up to help at helm's deep.

I really need to reread the series, been about 15 years now since first (and only) read.

I don't really care much for this Elrond bust. I do like the Glorfindel bust but that might be due to the fact that he wasn't in the movie . QUOTE]

So that was a question I had, was glorfindel in the movie? I got the GG bust, and I know I saw him in the Battle for Middle Earth PC game cover, but can't recall him from the movie, excpet for maybe the metro-sexual elf that shows up to help at helm's deep.

I really need to reread the series, been about 15 years now since first (and only) read.

The elf that showed up at Helms Deep was Haldir.

Just got my Elrond. I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying, but mine also suffers from the Anakin lips. It is a worst paint job than I've seen in the LotR or HP lines from GG.

Just got my Elrond. I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying, but mine also suffers from the Anakin lips. It is a worst paint job than I've seen in the LotR or HP lines from GG.

Mine is supposed to ship from Mike today so I've got my fingers crossed that I get one of the better ones. And this is why I'm done pre-ordering any GG items. This horrid paint job means these will be available for $20 very soon.

Got mine today and I think the sculpt is good but the paint apps are what make the difference. I also think the pics can vary, some I have seem show the face really washed out but when I shot mine, I thought it came out okay. It's not the best GG has done, but I don't think it's as bad as some have said, here are some shots of mine.

erod2.jpg

erod3.jpg

erod4.jpg

erod5.jpg

erod6.jpg

erod7.jpg

Those are some of the better pics I've seen and it doesn't look horrible there. It doesn't look great, but better. I'll know on Monday as my order ships from Mike today.

Those are better pics, but I am still not a big fan. The paint is bad and the hairline is what also makes it look so "off" IMO.

The elf that showed up at Helms Deep was Haldir.

Glorfindel is not in the movie. In the book it is he that meets Frodo, Strider et al on their way to Rivendell and he puts Frodo on his horse to outrun the ringwraiths to the Ford of Bruinen. Glorfindel also plays a small part in the 'Council of Elrond' but does not appear by name (although he may be on screen) in the film.

Haldir is in the book as the elf who meets with the fellowship when they enter Lothlorien and guides them through to Caras Galadhon, the home of Galadriel & Celeborn. He does not come anywhere near Helms Deep in the book although I fully appreciate the reasoning behind why he did in the film.

You are right though; get sat down and read the book again - any subsequent readings of the book deliver far more to the reader than the first read when names are confused and the scale of the plot is not fully appreciated until the final few chapters.

The third, fourth and fifth reads then affirm the names and places.

Reads six seven eight and nine make for excellent spare time reading and then you get to .

reads 10 through to 30 when the whole thing is a gargantuan pleasure. You know what is going to happen and can then concentrate on the minute detail and nuances that Tolkien uses. It really is a masterpiece of literature.

30+ enjoy.

These paint apps on this piece look terrible imo.

From what it looks like they have painted clothing/hair etc first and then the skin on top which unfortunately produces the skin colour raised onto what should be the material colour. The lines where the 2 meet(Elronds Right wrist for example) are completely messed up imo.
Painting them with skin first and then clothing etc produces the look of coverage/layers and depth.
I used to do this when painting a long time ago thats the only reason I think I noticed it.At least thats what it looks like to me?!.
The same thing appears to have happened around his neck/ears and hairline.
Just my thoughts and I'm certainly no expert.
Its a great sculpt but so far i'm not impressed with the paint apps.
x:D

You are right though; get sat down and read the book again - any subsequent readings of the book deliver far more to the reader than the first read when names are confused and the scale of the plot is not fully appreciated until the final few chapters.

The third, fourth and fifth reads then affirm the names and places.

Reads six seven eight and nine make for excellent spare time reading and then you get to .

reads 10 through to 30 when the whole thing is a gargantuan pleasure. You know what is going to happen and can then concentrate on the minute detail and nuances that Tolkien uses. It really is a masterpiece of literature.

30+ enjoy.

At least once try reading Books 1 and 2 of the FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING and then go directly to BOOK 4 of The TWO TOWERS to follow Frodo and Sam first THEN back to the splintered Company in Book 3. It makes things quite interesting. I would love to have someone who's never read the book try it out.

Question. Is the "Search for the Ring" continuing into these later busts? I thought it was only for the Strider and Wraith busts, but I saw an Ebay ad that made it sound like there could be rings in these busts as well, provided no other gimmicks (i.e. light-up gandalf, etc.)

Don't know why they didn't make a Elrond in battle armor. Would be great with Sauron.

Well I got my bust from Mike today and I must have gotten the best paint job they did. It looks really, really good. I will try to get some good pics of it in natural light (flash will kill this bust)

The lips still look horrid but the definition is there in the face that I haven't seen in any other bust. I can't tell if it's just this paint job or whether this just looks much better in person but I love this bust and am so glad I did I didn't cancel.

Those are probably the best pics I've seen of him but I still just don't care for it. Glad you do Loki cause thats all that really matters.

Back