eFx: Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH "Xtreme" Edition Lightsaber

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy the eFx Obi-Wan Kenobi Xtreme?

• Total voters
Looks awesome. But i will only get the sabers i want. (Luke ep6, Obi ep1, and maybe this one) But that's a lot of $ will have to see what the online retailers have them for.

She said around nov/dec. Still not sure cuz they still have alot to finish on the saber.
The good thing is that all the parts will be made of "metal material" not plastic. Good Design, based off the book and crystal effects form the guys over at fx-sabers.

I would prefer it to look shiny. I always thought Obi-Wan's looked too ratty and rusty in ANH. I always thought, why would a Jedi let his weapon get so horrible looking?

To paraphrase Yoda, "after 20 years living in the desert, look that good your lightsaber wouldn't."

I hear what you are saying, but with all of the technology in Star Wars, I really think he can find a case to keep his light saber looking really nice. What does he do, dig foxholes in the sand with it? Maybe the story of what Obi-Wan was up to on Tatooine should be told. I think I need to understand how Mr. "This weapon is your life" could let HIS light saber become so rusty.

I would love to have one, and normally I really detest re-hashes; but this is just different enough. Not only that but with newer developments, this will acutally be a more screen accurate saber.

:cool:

Looks VERY nice. The base style the EFX is making is just right.
Two negatives though:

- The "Xtreme" moniker HAS TO GO.

- I actually prefer the clean finish to a weathered. It complements the light up feature much more.

I will be add this to my MR collection but will probably be my only one unless they did a ROTS Darth Tyranus or Mace. I heard it will be closer to $500 and that will not include the acrylic case.

None of eFx's lightsabers will include Acrylic cases. That and the fact that the "stand" is effectively the plaque base and its all interconnected with a slide in plaque instead of stick on are the two major changes done for this formatting.

I'm one of the lucky ones, got ahold of the MR Obi Wan from Ep3, limited to 4500, No.3693.

The eFX hild does look impressive, especially the one that comes apart, but it just feels like a re-tool of the MR one. Again, as its beena subject matter already handled, like then helmets...it is going to be hard to do something new and really "off the ropes".

It is a bit of rehash, but it will be screen accurate (as opposed to the MR version); with a new pommel cast straight from the water faucet used for the prop.

You have to ask yourself... Just how often will you be opening and closing that saber to show the core section?

Not worth it.

The cost is really expensive. I don't think I would mind if EFX just rehashed some of the MR lightsabers though.

Back