Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the end, it's Sideshow business...they do whatever they want.

if you don't like it, then walk away... very simple...no need to argue. or else start your own business and make your own rules.

:slap

Sideshow, if you are reading this, can you make another Transformers tatue. :) I love you for Optimus Prime...but I'll love you more if you make another character. :)

if you don't like it, then walk away... very simple...no need to argue. or else start your own business and make your own rules.

Sideshow, if you are reading this, can you make another Transformers tatue. :) I love you for Optimus Prime...but I'll love you more if you make another character. :)

I really don't think it's an arguement Mini. For me it's a preference. I don't think any of here would quit collecting SS merch over the topic. As I said before, it's the ask Ss section. I don't think it's a big deal to ask or discuss the topic. Also, SS has already used a set Es with an NRD with the Rogue presale. It obviously workred in that situation.

Again, I'm not demanding or saying I'll stop collecting SSC merch. I'm just asking them to continue a business strategy they already used.

Good luck on getting your piece made.

Hey Minmay, did't know you posted here too : )

Same could be said for your request of another Transformer character minmay. Will you walk away from Sideshow if another Transformer does not get made?

Its my opinion that NRD should only apply to items over $400.

As it is, if any changes to the item or release date the non-refundable part should be vetoed.

Its my opinion that NRD should only apply to items over $400.

As it is, if any changes to the item or release date the non-refundable part should be vetoed.

Well Nova, we have to be realistic about the NRD. It's here to stay. Even Bowen uses it on their preorders now. It has just come down to the fact that it is needed so companies are not stuck with stock because of massive cancellations. I do understand the need for it. Now you have to be very sure about your purchases. However, I would like to know how limited my limited collectors statue is before I purchase a statue and pay the NRD.

SS should just drop to a moderately low ES for each piece and up the purchase price to maintain the same level of profit.
It would up the secondary market value of more pieces which would generate enough hype and interest for them to just make more pieces of the most popular characters.
They would just have to ride the wave of hate for those that get left out in the rain by a low ES.
It would be awesome if the Joker had an exclusive ES of 500 or lower..... but we all know the focus here would be ppl who didn't get one right now rather than this NRD ES debate.

Well Nova, we have to be realistic about the NRD. It's here to stay. Even Bowen uses it on their preorders now. It has just come down to the fact that it is needed so companies are not stuck with stock because of massive cancellations. I do understand the need for it. Now you have to be very sure about your purchases. However, I would like to know how limited my limited collectors statue is before I purchase a statue and pay the NRD.

Aye NRD is here to stay, next step is full disclosure with money down which up to this point Sideshow has been pretty good at. Just hope they continue that trend.

SS should just drop to a moderately low ES for each piece and up the purchase price to maintain the same level of profit.
It would up the secondary market value of more pieces which would generate enough hype and interest for them to just make more pieces of the most popular characters.
They would just have to ride the wave of hate for those that get left out in the rain by a low ES.
It would be awesome if the Joker had an exclusive ES of 500 or lower..... but we all know the focus here would be ppl who didn't get one right now rather than this NRD ES debate.

We could go back to old days tell the ES ahead of time so the flippers know what to go after :lol

Let's restart the cycle, phase two people complain about flippers, the SS goes back to TBD again so people have a chance to get items they want, but then they loose money since so many cancel based on ES and then back to NRD.

Don't think it's a cycle, more of a progression since NRD is here to stay. jmho.

Don't think it's a cycle, more of a progression since NRD is here to stay. jmho.

I agree it's here to stay but also I think listing edition size is going to lead back to making it easy for flippers to know what to buy with no gamble.

they should just make everyone's head explode and stop numbering them or revealing the ES ever. ... force people to buy a pice just because they actually want one .... crazy idea .... :monkey1

I agree it's here to stay but also I think listing edition size is going to lead back to making it easy for flippers to know what to buy with no gamble.

The problem was flippers were using multiple accounts to put in orders and artificially inflating the editions sizes then cancelling when it didn't sell on Evilbay. With the NRD and money down that is much lessened. If they want to put money down, they can buy it like everyone else first and risk losing the NRD hence there is a price and a gamble. It was a pretty good solution.

they should just make everyone's head explode and stop numbering them or revealing the ES ever. ... force people to buy a pice just because they actually want one .... crazy idea .... :monkey1

LMAO! Now there is the real way to cause a panic around here! I think peoples heads would explode.

I agree SSC should post up how many ES there are but on the other hand i can see why they are doing it.

I think they are doing it to protect us from flippers,
For a flipper to by in to a piece they want to know the ES size so they are not taking a gamble with there money, After all they probably are buying a lot more than a Collector so they want to make sure it's a good buy with limited risk.

This way the genuine collectors are wondering what size the ES is and the flippers are debating whether to pull the trigger and gamble a lot of dough or not.

So if the the collector wants the piece because he likes it and wants it that's great.

For the flipper who's interest is only profit it's a gamble, A gamble many of them won't take.

How about SSC only disclosing the ES through email straight after you have PO the piece and paid your NRD,

It would be good to take about how happy your are about knowing the ES but the flippers not knowing if we are telling the true or not, They will get sick of wasting $35 NRD a pop if they keep losing money:dunno Kinda puts us in control if we can keep our mouths shut about the true ES

Last edited:
We could go back to old days tell the ES ahead of time so the flippers know what to go after :lol

Let's restart the cycle, phase two people complain about flippers, the SS goes back to TBD again so people have a chance to get items they want, but then they loose money since so many cancel based on ES and then back to NRD.

Yeah, been through that cycle once and would prefer not to do it again. Hopefully, the NRD is the death nail in this and will lead nice balanced ES for pieces to make it easy enough to get while retaining value.

I don't think they need to worry about collectors having more than enough time to get one with NRD in effect. Only a few products have actually sold out and relatively slowly post-NRD so there was more than enough time for collectors to get one. Others took way longer or aren't even sold out now.

Rogue PF - sold out within hours
Vampirella PF -sold out within 4 days

I agree SSC should post up how many ES there are but on the other hand i can see why they are doing it.

I think they are doing it to protect us from flippers,
For a flipper to by in to a piece they want to know the ES size so they are not taking a gamble with there money, After all they probably are buying a lot more then a Collector so they want to make sure it's a good buy with limited risk.

This way the genuine collectors are wondering what size the ES is and the flippers are debating whether to pull the trigger and gamble a lot of dough or not.

So if the the collector wants the piece because he likes it and wants it that's great.

For the flipper who's interest is only profit it's a gamble, A gamble many of them won't take.

How about SSC only disclosing the ES through email straight after you have PO the piece and paid your NRD,

It would be good to take about how happy your are about knowing the ES but the flippers not knowing if your telling the true or not, They will get sick of wasting $35 NRD a pop if they keep losing money:dunno Kinda puts us in control if we can keep our mouths shut about the true ES

The problem was flippers were using multiple accounts to put in orders and artificially inflating the editions sizes then cancelling when it didn't sell on Evilbay. With the NRD and money down that is much lessened. If they want to put money down, they can buy it like everyone else first and risk losing the NRD hence there is a price and a gamble. It was a pretty good solution.

:exactly::exactly::hi5:

Rogue selling out quickly is probably a direct consequence of edition size being known. It was clear that it was still going to be relatively rare and worth investing the NRD.

Vampirella moved slower because she was $50 more expensive, and has far more marginal of a fanbase than a top tier X-Men character. Both statues sold out. As did Joker, who did so in a quarter the time Vampirella did, even though her edition size was known from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back