Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, then is the argument that Sideshow can produce 50,000 regular statues and no one will complain, but needs to keep exclusives to a "reasonable" number?

What about all the arguments here about cars not being comparable. Is it only a collectible if it's an exclusive? Or do you retract those arguments as part of the larger argument for why Sideshow's policy is bad?

OK, then is the argument that Sideshow can produce 50,000 regular statues and no one will complain?

I don't think that's the argument at all bro. It's more along the lines of adding all the information beforehand to products where you have to pay money up front.

I get that, but my point is that you can't really exclude the regular from the argument without it losing some of its force. Nor can you rely on the price-point IMO, because HT figures are ridiculously expensive nowadays.

Last edited:
Since the regulars don't have NRD on them the majority of the time and are readily available down the line from multiple places (some of which don't have NRD), it's not really an issue of as much concern.

Last edited:
I agree that if a NRD is charged an ES should be shown. It's like two parties making a deal and one party hiding its end of the deal.

Should? By what standard?

It is two parties making a deal, and Sideshow is offering an opportunity to order something to those who are willing to pay an NRD without having the edition size disclosed.

I think what some of you are missing is that you don't have a right to place an order.

Needless to say, when customers put down payment on something most of them want as much information about the product as possible.

And you are still getting as much as possible when they choose not to share that information.

I think what some of you are missing is that you don't have a right to place an order.

Sure you have a right to place an order. Everyone has a right to do that. I just exercised my right to place an order the other day.

You took advantage of an opportunity.

If they sent you an email stating that they wanted no further orders from you, and that all of your pre-orders were cancelled, it would be within their rights. Not that they would because the relationship is to their benefit as well as yours, but if they determined that it was no longer in their interest, so long as no money changed hands, it would be their prerogative.

You took advantage of an opportunity.

If they sent you an email stating that they wanted no further orders from you, and that all of your pre-orders were cancelled, it would be within their rights. Not that they would because the relationship is to their benefit as well as yours, but if they determined that it was no longer in their interest, so long as no money changed hands, it would be their prerogative.

It's within their rights to cancel the order but within our rights to place the order.

They have given you the opportunity to place an order. If it were your right, then any obstructions to doing so would be a violation of your rights. Things such as expecting that you pay an NRD if you didn't want to, or that the order be placed before an ES was announced when you thought you should know would be a form of denying your right to buy from them. Any terms they impose, up to and including a price that you didn't agree with would qualify as a condition upon your right to do business with them. Rights are unconditional.

Governments, etc. have no right to stop you from buying, but no company is obligated to do business with any customer.

I don't think that's the argument at all bro. It's more along the lines of adding all the information beforehand to products where you have to pay money up front.

I can understand that. And I might even agree with you all that all the info should be given beforehand. But then, why is this thread only interested in the ES and/or the NRD?

I mean. If that is the case, Why don't you (Not you, just asking in general) also stand for the reveal of every piece in 360º, BSP or pics from every angle possible (Rogue PF comes to my mind, when we had to wait for weeks for see how her back was sculpted)?

For me being able to fully inspect/see what I'm planning to buy is far more important than the ES, but I don't see anyone complaining or even caring about it. :dunno

Governments, etc. have no right to stop you from buying, but no company is obligated to do business with any customer.

Yep that's why you have the right to order from them.

I can understand that. And I might even agree with you all that all the info should be given beforehand. But then, why is this thread only interested in the ES and/or the NRD?

I mean. If that is the case, Why don't you (Not you, just asking in general) also stand for the reveal of every piece in 360º, BSP or pics from every angle possible (Rogue PF comes to my mind, when we had to wait for weeks for see how her back was sculpted)?

For me being able to fully inspect/see what I'm planning to buy is far more important than the ES, but I don't see anyone complaining or even caring about it. :dunno

They normally provide enough gallery pics for me, and I'm not sure why they didn't include the ones on Rogue back, but that could be another thread you could start if you are want to bro.

Last edited:
They have given you the opportunity to place an order. If it were your right, then any obstructions to doing so would be a violation of your rights. Things such as expecting that you pay an NRD if you didn't want to, or that the order be placed before an ES was announced when you thought you should know would be a form of denying your right to buy from them. Any terms they impose, up to and including a price that you didn't agree with would qualify as a condition upon your right to do business with them. Rights are unconditional.

Are you trying to suggest that it is "problematic" for a customer to demand something from the seller?

This is a form of "relative deprivation," IMO--folks becoming accustomed to something, and then feeling they are entitled to that (i.e., the whole "fairness" argument), then having it taken away--these are apparently folks who buy, in large part, because of edition size.

It's about wanting something rare and valuable for the sake of having something rare and valuable, not for the sake of having an awesome statue. And that's OK, but probably accounts for a pretty small minority of Sideshow collectors IMO. They've certainly got the right to voice that opinion to Sideshow. But. . .like I posted earlier, I suspect the pros of the new policy here far outweigh the drawbacks to Sideshow.

I don't try to suggest anything.
Devil doesn't even post. It's all a dream.

If you don't have $35, then you can't order. If it were a right, then they couldn't stop you.

If you didn't have the right to place on order you wouldn't be able to.

Customers definitely have the right to place an order with Sideshow.

But customers must do this. . .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk"](You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) - YouTube[/ame]

If you didn't have the right to place on order you wouldn't be able to.

Customers definitely have the right to place an order with Sideshow.

No, they don't. :dunno

A right is something that cannot be denied. They can deny it, at any point they wish. It is a privilege that they extend to those they wish to do business with. It's not a right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back